LaunchBox Community Forums

BigCouch Theme

viking

@CriticalCid Thank you for your help !!!
Placing video is a good temporary solution. But it will be necessary to make a version for each screen ratio.
Alignment makes it possible to adapt to each ratio.
I cant wait until this bug is fixed !! :P

@ALIE CriticalCid is right. As I told you before, your display problem is not a bug. The theme dont find its pictures!

• Do you have the file: [BigCouch / Images / Themes] with its contents?
  • Dont rename any folder or theme file. Including the theme itself.

@nruben3 Strange! There is no reason why the theme changes anything at the transition setup. Transition for which element?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, viking said:

@CriticalCid Thank you for your help !!!
Placing video is a good temporary solution. But it will be necessary to make a version for each screen ratio.
Alignment makes it possible to adapt to each ratio.
I cant wait until this bug is fixed !! :P

@ALIE CriticalCid is right. As I told you before, your display problem is not a bug. The theme dont find its pictures!

• Do you have the file: [BigCouch / Images / Themes] with its contents?
  • Dont rename any folder or theme file. Including the theme itself.

@nruben3 Strange! There is no reason why the theme changes anything at the transition setup. Transition for which element?

Yup fixing the name fixed it. 

Sorry for any unnecessary headache I cost.  I guess it nev stopped working for me after the original fix that worked but I broke it myself. 

Edited by ALIE

4 hours ago, viking said:

@viking platform videos, background fanart pictures, basically everything except the game videos in games view. When I switch to a different theme transitions work again. Otherwise perfect theme. Thanks!

Amazing theme, really enjoying it :D I'm having problems with alignment for only some of your 4:3 videos, most of them are aligned perfectly (And look awesome by the way) But I have a few that aren't aligned at all, any ideas what the problem could be ? Running LB 7.0 and windows 10.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just re-read through the pages and I can see it's something you're scratching your head over, lol. It's strange that some are perfectly aligned and others are not though :S 

Edited by Bamxcore
Addition

@ALIE : Cool !!!!  =)

@Bamxcore : Yep, it's a bug in the video engine. At my level, I cant correct the problem. But @CriticalCid shared a patch. I just put it online on the theme download page.
In my original code, the video is set to fit the screen ratio. CriticalCid avoids the problem by fixing the placement. Its file is valid for the 16x9 screens. Dont hesitate to test the patch.

Edited by viking

Hi, 

I make a petition.

Would be possible make a theme similar to Aeon Nox Hyperspin Theme? 

I tried modifiy  Game view 2  file to make 50% greater the box games, like Aeon Nox, but I'm not able to make something similar to Aeon, the goal is: Box almost 50% bigger, set border inner boxes to minium, and expand details text and video box and use max screen size.

Excuse me by my terrible bad English level.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great!  Besides the fact that I'm having issues with Bigbox themes not changing,  I installed your theme, but I am only seeing 4 game views in the folder?  Am I missing something?

Update..  All good now. Had a folder within a folder and didn't notice it right away.

Thanks

Edited by Pinboy

• 2 months later...

Your theme looks awesome! I'm having a small problem, though, and I can't se that anyone else has mentioned it... the text in descriptions seem to be a little big compared to the screenshots on the theme download page, so that part of it either gets cut off or covers the system images. I'm using the theme on newest launchbox, win 10 and a 16:9 1080p TV. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks a bunch!

Below: The "C" in Commodore gets cut off

IMG_3233.thumb.JPG.b846e2fd26f30d363a074ebd43d8434e.JPGBelow: Text covering system picture (controller)

IMG_3234.thumb.JPG.05e3922e5c2c002897056a9df7f556fc.JPG

Edited by sozuke

5 hours ago, sozuke said:

Your theme looks awesome! I'm having a small problem, though, and I can't se that anyone else has mentioned it... the text in descriptions seem to be a little big compared to the screenshots on the theme download page, so that part of it either gets cut off or covers the system images. I'm using the theme on newest launchbox, win 10 and a 16:9 1080p TV. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks a bunch!

Below: The "C" in Commodore gets cut off

Below: Text covering system picture (controller)

Using win10, I'd check your UI scalling (right click on desktop, choose display settings). i noticed anything over 125% causes issues with the theme fonts causing it to enlarge and either overlap or get cut off. Ideally keeping the UI scalling at 100% seems to work best. 

Edited by JPGIII

Thanks JPGIII, that brought me at least a little bot closer! Alas, I've tried all of the different percentages in the control panel now; basically, the issue remains. The text size changes, but something is still cut off or covering the banner pics, though in varying ways. Maybe I'll go trough the view files and try changing some font sizes there to try and learn what's going on, maybe I can change the dimensions of the banner pictures as well.

@JPGIII : 

• For the "Commodore" bug, I will fix it to the next update. I will allow the text to go to the edge of the screen. This will fix the problem for the long name.
  • For the text running over the picture, it is not a bug : it's a feature ^_^. It is made for. But if no one likes this style, tell me and I will fix the problem.

I dont have much time to work on my themes this days. I do my best !

Thanks Viking!  This really is an awesome looking theme, perfect for my couch-based setup, so I'm basically nitpicking, I know. And I agree; whether or not the text should cover the picture is just a matter of taste, I'm sure others like it that way. It seems like I'm able to tweak it just by making the banner picture smaller, so I'll just do that.

Keep up the great work!

1 minute ago, sozuke said:

Thanks Viking!  This really is an awesome looking theme, perfect for my couch-based setup, so I'm basically nitpicking, I know. And I agree; whether or not the text should cover the picture is just a matter of taste, I'm sure others like it that way. It seems like I'm able to tweak it just by making the banner picture smaller, so I'll just do that.

Keep up the great work!

Just to add, there are awesome platform videos to add to this theme, instead of using the banner images, each to there own though. Whatever works for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 7:26 AM, viking said:

Little UPDATE today !

• fix - Detail text space.
  • add - Search by letter in all games view.

:)

Was this meant to fix the issue that sozuke had because i still encounter that same exact issue :/... My windows scaling is set to 150% (I'm using a 4K TV) so if i lower that everything wold be super tiny in windows but fine in bigbox with your theme. Is there any way you can fix the text scaling issue for those of us that have to run windows scaling higher than 100%?

Edited by deadfreak

@modjoo : Thx ! =)

You will find the lines of code in the GamesView

• WheelGamesView.xaml
  • BoxesGamesView.xaml
  • TextGamesView.xaml
<!-- FANART BACKGROUND BLURED-->
            <Image Source="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.BackgroundImagePath}" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="117" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="25" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="UniformToFill" >
                <Image.Effect>
                    <BlurEffect Radius="75" RenderingBias="Performance"/>
                </Image.Effect>
            </Image>

The RADIUS value is the power of the blur.

• 0 = no blur
  • 100 = big blur

@deadfreak : I think this can only come from the zoom at 150%. I dont have 4K screen to test, but maybe test at 125% ?
The size of the text is fixed in the code. FontSize = "22" for example.

• Like 1