LaunchBox Community Forums

BigCouch Theme

viking

@viking

The videos have been working fine for me Viking. I have been running your theme for a week now. alignment hasnt been an issue. I updated to the last version tonight and alignment is still fine though I now get a black flash at the end of the fade to the next video.

I have question though that Im hoping you can help with. I have gone through all the theme editing videos and have started to mess around with your theme. I would like to include the recent games list. I added this code the platform view 2

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="9" Grid.RowSpan="3" Grid.Column="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="11" TransitionSelector="{Binding BottomBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BottomBoxesView}" Margin="0,0,33,0"   />

I  can see the recent games just fine when I load up the theme but I cant select them. Im really new to this. How to I add that function back in?

Thanks

@shadowblind @nicknamex  @madpossu @ALIE or anyboby with video alignement issue :

This bug is very strange. I dont understand. There is no reason for it to come from code or video files. The simple fact that the problem doesn't show up for everybody, or worse, that the alignment changes according to the platforms asks me question. :S

I wonder if the problem is not external to LaunchBox.
Some ideas or questions to try to isolate the problem:

• Is your ".Net" up to date? (windows update)
  • Is your "Windows" up to date ?
  • Have you installed a codec pack or stuff like that?
  • Have you installed a video player other than WMP or VLC on your computer?
  • What is your graphic card ? Driver up to date ? Some graphics drivers may interfere with video. (I think it's a good track)
  • Do you have an up-to-date & standalone VLC installation?
  • Do you have "Windows Media Player" on your computer?

@Jason Carr : Do you have any idea where this problem can come from? Not necessarily the solution, but the source of the problem.

@nicknamex : Yep, that's it ! I dont love you  xD :P ;)

@hargabyte : I dont know. I never used this block in my themes. Jason extended the number of possible views. So I'll do some testing and tell you. =)
Nope, I already used all platform view =/ I test and tell you.

Edited by viking

Thanks for the reply viking. I will reach out to the dev's and see if they can help me as well. Here is my setup that is playing the videos just fine. Intel NUC http://ark.intel.com/products/84861/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i5MYHE running windows 10 pro. I installed VLC from their website but havent loaded any codec packs or any other video player. Both VLC and WMP are working for me. VLC had the issue where it would play sound but no video but that is fixed in the latest version.  I also have a windows 10 pro desktop with I5 6500k geforce 1080. Its the machine that I am doing theme editing on. Its playing the videos just fine as well. Wish I could replicate the issue and help more but thats all I go on the subjest of video playback.

@hargabyte : Thx ! I use similar systems. There was a note recently about an AMD graphics card utility that is problematic with LaunchBox. Those who have the problem may be using AMD/ATI graphics cards ??
For me, my system works fine:

• Intel NUC - Intel i5 + graphic Intel + Windows 10 64bits + VLC/WMP install + no codec pack = work fine.
  • Intel i7 - windows 7 Pro 64bits + CG Nvidia + VLC/WMP install + no codec pack = work fine.

And you ?

@keltoigael : Weird ! O.o
Please :

• go into your :   LaunchBox > Theme > BigCouch > Views > ...
  • And delete these 4 files :Capture.PNG
  • Reload BigBox.
  • It works ?
Edited by viking

nelson_ah_203.jpg:P I'm joking, but it's a good track!
I dont have an AMD card to explore the drivers. But if you dig into the driver, there will not be options for displaying videos? And if you deactivate them, the theme works?

EDIT : From memory, there was a small app annex to the driver with the ATI card that was problematic. It may be another track!

Edited by viking

1 hour ago, viking said:

@hargabyte : Thx ! I use similar systems. There was a note recently about an AMD graphics card utility that is problematic with LaunchBox. Those who have the problem may be using AMD/ATI graphics cards ??
For me, my system works fine:

• Intel NUC - Intel i5 + graphic Intel + Windows 10 64bits + VLC/WMP install + no codec pack = work fine.
  • Intel i7 - windows 7 Pro 64bits + CG Nvidia + VLC/WMP install + no codec pack = work fine.

And you ?

@keltoigael : Weird ! O.o
Please :

• go into your :   LaunchBox > Theme > BigCouch > Views > ...
  • And delete these 4 files :Capture.PNG
  • Reload BigBox.
  • It works ?

Well, its progress, now I am only getting 1 error instead of two, if I go to list view I get 3 error pop ups.

error_zpsfqsthowh.png

@keltoigael Are you sure to use BigBox v7 (BETA)? the last beta. I upload a v.1.5.2. Please test and tell me. It's strange that it doesn't work only for you !!

If it's dont work, tests to delete, still in the VIEWS folder:   FilterDetailsView.xaml

If not, rename the actual theme folder and make a fresh installation of BigCouch beside?

Edited by viking

@viking So I kinda figured out my issue with adding the recent games. I added the same line to Platform view 3 and that displays the recent games as well but now I can press the down key and it will move to the recent games menu. up and down move among the list. This isnt ideal since I want to press up to access the list and then left and right to move through the list. Any idea where these controls are set?

Hi

Using VLC as the default video player I can only get platform videos to work by going into a platform and into the games list and coming out to the platform menu again. The video will work. If I scroll to the next platform the video doesn't appear but the sound does and I have to keep repeating the process.

If I use WMP as my default video then it works great on your theme.

Win 10. I would say VLC support is still broken.

2 minutes ago, master333 said:

Hi

Using VLC as the default video player I can only get platform videos to work by going into a platform and into the games list and coming out to the platform menu again. The video will work. If I scroll to the next platform the video doesn't appear but the sound does and I have to keep repeating the process.

If I use WMP as my default video then it works great on your theme.

Win 10. I would say VLC support is still broken.

Are you on latest beta?

On 12/6/2016 at 1:47 PM, viking said:

@keltoigael : Strange !

You must have :

• BigBox v7 BETA. Last version is best
  • Theme last version : v1.5.1

Tell me if it's work !

@ALIE : Here is a photomontage to be clearer.

video normal.jpgThis is the correct display. The red frame is video. The rest is made by image. The video must take all this height, without distortion and remain glued to the right. With the latest version v.1.5.1, the display is OK for you?

@shadowblind @nicknamex  @madpossu , anybody :
Still have the display bug with this last theme version ?

Still not working, with either VLC or WMP.

@hargabyte : Strange indeed. I have not had time to test this block, but I think it's a problem with the horizontal wheel. This system seems to work better in vertical. o.O

@neil9000 : Thx !! It feels good to hear it :)

@master333 : Yes, I experienced the same kind of problem. I dont know where it comes from. The best thing is to stay on WMP for now. :/

@keltoigael : Ahahah no problem ! ;)

@madpossum @ALIE  @shadowblind @nicknamex  And anyone with a bug in videos right alignment :

Please, can you give me your hardware configuration ?
     processor | graphic card | windows version | BigBox version

I always try to isolate the source of the problem to fix it. Thank you :)
For now, I'm thinking about a problem with the ATI/AMD graphic card drivers.

Edited by viking

@viking ya Im not sure its something we have control over right now. I put in a ticket for it. I could use some votes to help get Jason's attention if you wouldnt mind. Help me out people. ;) https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2060/adding-recent-games-to-a-custom-theme

Take a look at that screenshot. I think the recent games looks great right there. For now I will copy the code to platform view 3 and use the down arrow till I can fix it. Thanks again Viking.

• Like 1