LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

A few of you all have been mentioning wanting to set up a set with all USA games, and then European and Japanese exclusives. For No Intro at least, this is called a 1G1R (One game one rom) set, and just in case you are doing it by hand, which can be exhausting and ambiguous, you can download 1G1R dats from dat o matic for plenty of systems and use Clrmamepro to create the set pretty much instantly, instead of finding the European and Japanese exclusives one by one. 

I use the 1G1R sets where applicable, but specifically because of launchbox's "combine multiple games of the same title into a single rom" feature, I've been making what I think of as 1G1F sets haha (One game one folder). I create folders for every entry in the 1G1R set, and then add all the extras, revisions, regions etc. into the folder with the main rom. Set launchbox to prioritize USA and on import I'm left with 1 game displaying in launchbox with all the variations set up as additional apps. When I open the main directory rom folder I can still see how many games were released in the USA plus Europe and Japanese exclusives on a per system basis by counting the folders.

I use the same folder structure for multi disk systems like Playstation and Commodore 64 etc. One game folder with all the disks inside. Its a labor of love as considering how long I've been at it I must be enjoying myself haha. I gotta tell ya, I've never felt like I had something complete until I had the games stored and imported into launchbox like this. :)

Edit: I do wonder if Launchbox tallies additional apps as part of the total "games" displayed. I don't think it does, so my total numbers are probably gonna drop from this.   

Edited by fromlostdays

6 minutes ago, lou silver said:

172k in my launchbox, Blue Maxima's Flashpoint has 38k, steam has at least 30k add in xbox 360 xboxone ps3 ps4 and switch

I'd estimate 250k roughly is the ceiling currently.

Not only English? Dupes versions? Betas, etc..?

30k steam? Wtf, do you own the company?

What is the total drive size holding all this?

18 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Not only English? Dupes versions? Betas, etc..?

30k steam? Wtf, do you own the company?

What is the total drive size holding all this?

Launchbox 2020    look for yourself also platform art in Images/Platforms for everything included 3.1 gb dl

Google "how many games does steam have" 30k is the answer at least from awhile back Praise Gaben!!

I'm around 50tb of total space and condensing and removing drives since my 8tb #4 arrived yesterday so the actual collection size will be a little less than that

Edited by lou silver
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Also ps4 and xbox one, and many switch, xbox 360 and xbox games do not play yet with emulators...curious what the playable total roms are if you have that worked out.

I looked the numbers up before 250k was If I remember correctly roughly the number I came up with , add in all your other online services too and its maybe 10 to 20k more -

I've been pretty vigilant in nearly 4 years of hunting games I rarely come across new platforms.

13 minutes ago, lou silver said:

I looked the numbers up before 250k was If I remember correctly roughly the number I came up with , add in all your other online services too and its maybe 10 to 20k more -

I've been pretty vigilant in nearly 4 years of hunting games I rarely come across new platforms.

Damn man...I have a full 8TB, and I pride myself on it being 99.5% playable, no dupes, not beta, only english and translations to english....

BUT WOW....you running this on a NAS or the CLOUD?

4 x8tb external Seagates

2x3tb 5x2b

2x1 tb in projects and games havent added

plus a few loose drives here and there

no nas just plain old internal and external drives

I started out on a few 2tb  drives then got some 3's and finally over the past two years the 8tbs

thousands of hours doing box fronts (for that complete look) only 20k left in my build

if you need anything for your build lemme know

Edited by lou silver
  • Like 1

Nothing really backed up , some stuff on the cloud mostly relying on friends and family builds I've done,

I usually keep and plan to clone my 2tb LB drive again as that's really the most important thing.

I'm still in the adding and editing stage really and most of the time I keep everything sitting cold only plugging in what's needed

my end goal is to get a fifth 8tb and shuck the externals and replace my LB drive with a 2tb nvme, accepting all donations ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lou silver said:

Nothing really backed up , some stuff on the cloud mostly relying on friends and family builds I've done,

I usually keep and plan to clone my 2tb LB drive again as that's really the most important thing.

I'm still in the adding and editing stage really and most of the time I keep everything sitting cold only plugging in what's needed

my end goal is to get a fifth 8tb and shuck the externals and replace my LB drive with a 2tb nvme, accepting all donations ?

Haha, good luck getting that! Sounds cool though.

I do try to combine duped stuff so when you right click on a game you get all the revisions etc,,  so they exist without being counted , haven't gotten everything sorted out on some platforms yet, by no means is this complete

*story time*

A few years back I had a normal ho hum 60 k of titles nothing special really it was chock full of holes artwise...

then I saw a youtube video of this guys collection it was nothing special other than he deleted all the games missing artwork and it looked awesome!

I knew I had to have it for myself and tickled with the idea of collecting everything just for kicks, So two years later I got to 100 thousand games with all box fronts done, silly me -

I thought I was done ,

then I kept finding more and more games and the number just kept growing , admittedly some is fluffery and not everything is completely roms I do have some video sets, gaming

magazines and other random stuff.

In conclusion I'll say anyone stubborn and determined enough can do this , I won't hold this thread hostage anymore -PM for any other questions /tips you might need , thanks

On 2/20/2020 at 1:55 AM, lou silver said:

Blue Maxima's Flashpoint has 38k

I just discovered this thanks to your post. This is frickin' awesome! It also has a front end which obviously took inspiration from LaunchBox. Man alive, 38,000 Flash Games self contained portable and able to play offline. For anyone else interested, take a look here: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

Command line options have not been implemented yet so individual games can't be imported into LaunchBox yet but this is something that is apparently going to be implemented according to here: https://trello.com/b/Tu9E5GLk/launcher

I read your post about 4 hours ago and have been playing Flash games ever since lol.

Edit** Kotaku Link: https://kotaku.com/over-36-000-flash-games-have-been-saved-and-are-now-pla-1841389493

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 1

I’d be worried about not having backup. I had 60,000 at one stage on a 6tb hdd, hardly used either, plugged in 3month later drives f*****. I was well gutted

just started a new HDD and got roughly 40,000 but struggling using retro arch with controls and missing loads of cover art etc 42800260-7F2B-4BE8-9547-E6A77B2E8A95.thumb.jpeg.123cbaba41e9cab5ff9369ac03a3b1e2.jpeg42800260-7F2B-4BE8-9547-E6A77B2E8A95.thumb.jpeg.123cbaba41e9cab5ff9369ac03a3b1e2.jpeg, it was so long ago I set it up 1st time round, was planning on making a 4 player cab 32/40” screen with aimtrak guns too, but can’t find any decent CNC plans either, wanting to upgrade a shi** cab I made years ago

10 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Command line options have not been implemented yet so individual games can't be imported into LaunchBox yet but this is something that is apparently going to be implemented according to here:

I admittedly don't know much about Flashpoint, but if this is the same thing you're talking about, I followed this guide: 

and imported it just fine. The only caveat is that a batch file needs to run in the background before the games will launch through launchbox. There are no "system" additional apps so unless you want to do it for every game theres no great way to launch bat. I gotta be honest I'm not sure but I don't think this added 30k games to my build though. Am I confusing something here?

Edit: I went through and checked out the replies (more recent then when I set this up) apparently flashpoint has added a lot more content and I don't think this import method works with the newer versions.

Edited by fromlostdays

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 2:36 AM, fromlostdays said:

A few of you all have been mentioning wanting to set up a set with all USA games, and then European and Japanese exclusives. For No Intro at least, this is called a 1G1R (One game one rom) set, and just in case you are doing it by hand, which can be exhausting and ambiguous, you can download 1G1R dats from dat o matic for plenty of systems and use Clrmamepro to create the set pretty much instantly, instead of finding the European and Japanese exclusives one by one. 

I use the 1G1R sets where applicable, but specifically because of launchbox's "combine multiple games of the same title into a single rom" feature, I've been making what I think of as 1G1F sets haha (One game one folder). I create folders for every entry in the 1G1R set, and then add all the extras, revisions, regions etc. into the folder with the main rom. Set launchbox to prioritize USA and on import I'm left with 1 game displaying in launchbox with all the variations set up as additional apps. When I open the main directory rom folder I can still see how many games were released in the USA plus Europe and Japanese exclusives on a per system basis by counting the folders.

I use the same folder structure for multi disk systems like Playstation and Commodore 64 etc. One game folder with all the disks inside. Its a labor of love as considering how long I've been at it I must be enjoying myself haha. I gotta tell ya, I've never felt like I had something complete until I had the games stored and imported into launchbox like this. :)

Edit: I do wonder if Launchbox tallies additional apps as part of the total "games" displayed. I don't think it does, so my total numbers are probably gonna drop from this.   

Wos thats insane, how many terrabytes you using for that??  you should make a tutorial video as well. would b great and btw excellent work there..