LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox lag

noiseordinance

33 minutes ago, noiseordinance said:

I can’t imagine how this spec related. I wouldn’t call i5 4460 and i7 4770k with all SSD, 16gb Ram, GTX 970 “low end.” I see others reporting modest specs as well. I hope this is high on the fix list. Thanks!

Yeah, somehow it must be system-specific. I haven't pinpointed what causes it, but from my experience, the majority of systems do not have the issue, which is why it went under my radar for so long.

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, somehow it must be system-specific. I haven't pinpointed what causes it, but from my experience, the majority of systems do not have the issue, which is why it went under my radar for so long.

Great to see some movement on this thread again, fingers crossed for a fix soon :) Yeh its definitely not specs related in terms of performance (i5 8600k, 16GB DDR4, NVME Pro ssd here) and I still see it, its likely specs related in terms of some other form of commonality between the niche of crew seeing this issue :)

Great to hear this is going to get some attention.

For what it's worth, its likely this problem is more common than it appears as it has been undiagnosed until now.

I for one would never have realised it was controller lag until I read deep into this thread in particular and compared to my keyboard. I would have assumed like most people that it must be because of driver issues/not updating windows/system not being a NASA computer/ridiculously poor optimisation of Big Box.

1 hour ago, thetwistedblue said:

For what it's worth, its likely this problem is more common than it appears as it has been undiagnosed until now.

I for one would never have realised it was controller lag until I read deep into this thread in particular and compared to my keyboard. I would have assumed like most people that it must be because of driver issues/not updating windows/system not being a NASA computer/ridiculously poor optimisation of Big Box.

I think @thetwistedblueis correct. I had no idea it was a controller issue until I saw this thread. I just thought it was the way BigBox performed.

I have a G4560 Cpu, GTX 1050, and 8gb of ram. That's not a low end system, so I don't think that this only affects low end systems.

2 hours ago, thetwistedblue said:

This is actually a good point! as per my earlier posts I didn't realise it was an issue either as my system is purely a media machine and gaming so only input was controllers and a logitech remote, it was only when I installed a Logitech wireless keyboard to use instead of remote desktop I suddenly became aware that it was actually a fault. Also didn't find anything on the forums initially so started my own thread only to be pointed to this thread so its quite probable that more ppl have the issue they just don't know it :)

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

My point was that it's not happening on the majority of systems, which has nothing to do with the reasons behind it...

Regardless, I'm looking into it soon.

No problems :) wasn't having a dig! I think the point he was trying to illustrate is it might actually be happening for a lot more users that just don't realise it, it might not be as niche as we think :)

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

A new beta is out now (8.6-beta-1) that I'm hoping will fix this issue for people, though I can't be certain until you guys test.

Hi Jason,

I think you might have fixed it.

It is difficult for me to tell, because I ported my larger roms (wii, gamecube etc) onto a different drive today, which for some reason seemed to eliminate 90% of the xinput lag I was experiencing. However, I think I was still seeing lag after closing a game, compared to the keyboard.

I've got 8.6 beta 1 up and running and I don't see any controller lag now. So.. maybe fixed in my instance?

Thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

A new beta is out now (8.6-beta-1) that I'm hoping will fix this issue for people, though I can't be certain until you guys test.

Legend thanks @Jason Carr, have updated the system remotely but can't test until this evening  but will be sure to drop some feedback once tested.

• Like 1

Gave this a spin, it seems better/smoother but I am pretty sure I am still seeing the behaviour. I can scroll say 5 or so and then there is a pause, then scroll another handful and a pause. Doesn't appear when using up or down key on wireless KB. Anyone else tested from the thread?

50 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Gave this a spin, it seems better/smoother but I am pretty sure I am still seeing the behaviour. I can scroll say 5 or so and then there is a pause, then scroll another handful and a pause. Doesn't appear when using up or down key on wireless KB. Anyone else tested from the thread?

Yeah unfortunately I’m still getting frequent hangs, and just like in the videos I posted, the videos are still playing in the background as if it’s just not receiving controller input for a bit. 

Controller speed is definitely snappier on the beta, so that’s a plus!