LaunchBox Community Forums

7.9-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Alright guys, I believe I have the controller issue figured out. It's not specific to Windows 7 or any particular controller; it's just a timing issue and it happens so rarely for me that I had just never seen it before. I'm hoping that it's fixed for the next beta. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot through it all. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright guys, I believe I have the controller issue figured out. It's not specific to Windows 7 or any particular controller; it's just a timing issue and it happens so rarely for me that I had just never seen it before. I'm hoping that it's fixed for the next beta. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot through it all. :)

Wow, that's fast. So when version 7.9 is released then the bug is fixed? Or do i have to download the Beta version or something?

27 minutes ago, 1Patrick34 said:

Wow, that's fast. So when version 7.9 is released then the bug is fixed? Or do i have to download the Beta version or something?

The new beta will be out later today and then you can update to the beta to help test, if you would. Just go to Tools > Options > Updates > Update to Beta Releases in LaunchBox. :)

• Like 1

On ‎7‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 9:55 PM, Jason Carr said:

The new beta will be out later today and then you can update to the beta to help test, if you would. Just go to Tools > Options > Updates > Update to Beta Releases in LaunchBox. :)

Hi Jason, sorry but i wasn't be able to test it because i've had to work a lot. But i've updated Launchbox to 7.9 only the bug still occurs. I also did what you ask, to update to Beta. But launchbox says its on 7.9 no beta. So i don't no if iam on Beta or the stable 7.9 version. But i have still the same bug.

On Sat Apr 15 2017 at 3:02 PM, 1Patrick34 said:

Hi Jason, sorry but i wasn't be able to test it because i've had to work a lot. But i've updated Launchbox to 7.9 only the bug still occurs. I also did what you ask, to update to Beta. But launchbox says its on 7.9 no beta. So i don't no if iam on Beta or the stable 7.9 version. But i have still the same bug.

Hey Jason.

I've updated my system to Windows 10. And untill now i've no bugs anymore. I only have installed the Super Nintendo in Launchbox/BigBox, so i've to test it with other emulators and roms. But i think its a Windows 7 bug. I will test it later on and i shall post it here.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 9:55 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi Jason,

The same bug still occurs. But not with RetroArch. Retroarch works and when I quit the game BigBox won't freezes. But when I quit Kega Fusion or Project64 roms/games, Bigbox will freezes. Well not freezes, but it hangs in the that specifyk gamemenu, I cannot go back to choose other games anymore. Then I've go to task manager, en then Bigbox is working again. Very strange.