LaunchBox Community Forums

7.9-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Thanks guys, I just completed the main functionality of the nested filters, but I still need to clean it up a bit before I put out a beta, so you can expect the next beta out tomorrow.

@neil9000, yes, that is probably what's going on. The playlists aren't checking for additional apps, so I can see how that could ultimately cause "missing" games. I'll have to come up with a solution for this before the next release.

As for platform categories, I still have it on my list to create a UI to be able to edit the platform categories. That is coming, but isn't available quite yet.

@Beatlemaniac19 Unfortunately that would be a bit of a pain to implement because I'd have to override filters in a bunch of places in the code. It also doesn't seem like it would be a common request, so it would be hard to prioritize. Feel free to put in a ticket though, and if it gets enough votes, you know I'll be on top of it eventually.

@sagaopc That is already possible, though you would need a third party application (or a bunch of manual registry tweaks) to set it up. We won't be adding that feature directly in though due to the risks and confusion it could cause.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@neil9000, yes, that is probably what's going on. The playlists aren't checking for additional apps, so I can see how that could ultimately cause "missing" games. I'll have to come up with a solution for this before the next release.

Thank you  @Jason Carr, I didnt even know I was missing any until it was pointed out to me how to check, then it made me sound like a mad man when I said they where missing!! lol.

@Beatlemaniac19 just as a suggestion with the new platforms category options you could make a platform category called hacks or homebrews or whatever you want and have all your ROM hacks in there and if you use categories all you ever have to see is the one category labeled hacks unless you hit the plus to show the contents of the category. I personally find the categories greatly cleans up the appearance in both LB and BB

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

Hey, beta 2 is finally out with the nested filters features in Big Box. There are some things still in the works (specifically mouse control with the filters needs a bit of work yet), but it should generally be functional. I'm going to be doing a surprise live stream in the next hour or so demonstrating the features (and the video will go up on YouTube after the fact); I'll link it here once it's all done.

I'll be back going through this thread to fix all the things later today or tomorrow. :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

So basically all the stuff you said it wouldn't have.  it has it and more :) craziness.  As far as I could see regional and version sorting was in.

Question about the YouTube stream didn't get to see it live but can people communicate like on twitch and do you see both.  

Edited by ALIE

25 minutes ago, ALIE said:

So basically all the stuff you said it wouldn't have.  it has it and more :) craziness.  As far as I could see regional and version sorting was in.

Question about the YouTube stream didn't get to see it live but can people communicate like on twitch and do you see both.  

Yeah pretty much lol, it has all the features of the auto-populate playlists. Yup, people can communicate from both Twitch and YouTube and I get it all in real time. :)

• Like 1

Just updated to the Beta 2 and was watching the YouTube stream, you said you fixed the slowdown between Platform Categories and Platforms. It certainly seemed fast on your system, Unfortunately I still have this problem, when I select a Category it takes about 3 seconds for BigBox to respond. I'm running on a powerful machine so I know its not that?  

Just now, Levo_Stone said:

Just updated to the Beta 2 and was watching the YouTube stream, you said you fixed the slowdown between Platform Categories and Platforms. It certainly seemed fast on your system, Unfortunately I still have this problem, when I select a Category it takes about 3 seconds for BigBox to respond. I'm running on a powerful machine so I know its not that?  

Actually, that was not fixed @Levo_Stone; it's still on my list. What I did do is add transitions between platform categories and platforms. I didn't do anything to improve the performance...yet.

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah pretty much lol, it has all the features of the auto-populate playlists. Yup, people can communicate from both Twitch and YouTube and I get it all in real time. :)

Sucks I will be watching from the sidelines for a little while.

Old PC finally Gave Up, it put up a hell of a fight until the end. 

download.jpg

Edited by ALIE

With the new nested filters are we able to sort platforms by the manufacture like Nintendo, Sega, Sony etc or would that be a different feature?

I would like to sort my Bigbox like Consoles > Sega > Sega Genesis or Handhelds > Nintendo > Game Boy  

Edited by Scottad

2 hours ago, Scottad said:

With the new nested filters are we able to sort platforms by the manufacture like Nintendo, Sega, Sony etc or would that be a different feature?

I would like to sort my Bigbox like Consoles > Sega > Sega Genesis or Handhelds > Nintendo > Game Boy  

Well, maybe I understand your request wrong, but nested filters are not intended to sort your games, just to filter them.

Maybe you can do what you want with the playlist feature, but I don't know if you can have multiple layers.

• Like 1

@Jason Carr just got to test nested on a very slow laptop but had to test it :). 

Anyway it seems to work very well just what I hoped for.  But two things don't know if they are already on your list.

but will it continue to need precise information to find stuff.  I searched America and it didn't find the games but when I searched North America precisely it worked. 

Also could it be possible for controller use.  to save a searched  word and pick it from the drop down when no keyboard is around.