LaunchBox Community Forums

7.9-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

2 minutes ago, Kriven said:

All right, thanks for looking at that. It's not a huge deal, and if it breaks more things than it fixes I don't know too many people who are going to be bothered by it. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention while Playlists and Platform Categories were still the fresh focus for the project.

Just want to say here fella, I wasn't calling you out or anything. Just hadn't ever heard that issue. I apologise if that came across in any way that sounded dismissive. That was not my intent, my only intent was to nudge you towards the troubleshooting part of the forums, so we could brainstorm that with you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Does this only happen for games in playlists?

It happens to all my games. It happens with Snes9x, with project64, with epsxe, with Sega fusion. I think its a problem with autohotkey. When i use quit with xpadder, ive no problem. When i exit with the emulators ui ive got no problem. But when i use the controller automation in BigBox then all the games/emulator will get stuck at the games tittle screen. I think its not a playlist problem. I am a little bit a noob, and i dont speek english very well, im sorry. But ive paid 20 dollar, but ive not be abble to play with my setup, because i cannot exit properly. And when i use xpadder, ive to little few buttons left to play games, and install buttons with xpadder to quit my emulators. Very annoying.

2 minutes ago, 1Patrick34 said:

It happens to all my games. It happens with Snes9x, with project64, with epsxe, with Sega fusion. I think its a problem with autohotkey. When i use quit with xpadder, ive no problem. When i exit with the emulators ui ive got no problem. But when i use the controller automation in BigBox then all the games/emulator will get stuck at the games tittle screen. I think its not a playlist problem. I am a little bit a noob, and i dont speek english very well, im sorry. But ive paid 20 dollar, but ive not be abble to play with my setup, because i cannot exit properly. And when i use xpadder, ive to little few buttons left to play games, and install buttons with xpadder to quit my emulators. Very annoying.

Just to say your English is very good, please don't apologise. @Jason Carr will look into this.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 4 is out now guys...

@1Patrick34 That sounds like an issue with the controller automation features and not AutoHotkey, but I can't replicate it so it'll be difficult to resolve. What type of controller are you using?

I am using a Xbox360 controller. I also try a Ps4 controller, but with both controllers i've got the same bug.

15 hours ago, 1Patrick34 said:

I am using a Xbox360 controller. I also try a Ps4 controller, but with both controllers i've got the same bug.

Microsoft has really bugged some recent XInput (360 controller) drivers as of late, so I'm wondering if that might be the cause. Are you using the PS controller in 360 controller emulation mode? Is it behaving as an XInput device? You probably already have, but see if there are any driver updates for your controllers on Windows Update.

13 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Microsoft has really bugged some recent XInput (360 controller) drivers as of late, so I'm wondering if that might be the cause. Are you using the PS controller in 360 controller emulation mode? Is it behaving as an XInput device? You probably already have, but see if there are any driver updates for your controllers on Windows Update.

Thank you, but as you mentiont before, i've installed the latest drivers for my controller. But do you recommend an other controller, maby a 8bitdo controller or something like that? Because more people on this forum has the same bug like i do. Some talk about lost focus, others say it freezes, others say stuck on gamescreen. But its all the same bug.

When exit with controller automation, BigBox go to the background, then you have to push ESC couple of times on your keyboard and when that won't work, you have to stop the BigBox.exe in Task Manager.

And the most used controllers are the Xbox one/360 controllers.

I hope you can figure it out. I'm now trying to set all my emulators up to exit with intern hotkey. Like Mame or Retroarch, you can setup a hotkey to exit with your controller. When i use that, Bigbox runs fine.

2 hours ago, 1Patrick34 said:

Thank you, but as you mentiont before, i've installed the latest drivers for my controller. But do you recommend an other controller, maby a 8bitdo controller or something like that? Because more people on this forum has the same bug like i do. Some talk about lost focus, others say it freezes, others say stuck on gamescreen. But its all the same bug.

When exit with controller automation, BigBox go to the background, then you have to push ESC couple of times on your keyboard and when that won't work, you have to stop the BigBox.exe in Task Manager.

And the most used controllers are the Xbox one/360 controllers.

I hope you can figure it out. I'm now trying to set all my emulators up to exit with intern hotkey. Like Mame or Retroarch, you can setup a hotkey to exit with your controller. When i use that, Bigbox runs fine.

I need to find the common ground here. I still can't replicate it, so I don't know what it is that is causing it. Rather than recommend another controller, we need to get it fixed, because the 360 controllers are what we have always recommended. I'm just stuck on this one because I can't ever seem to get it to happen on my machines. I'll play with it a bit more in the mean time, but if anyone else is experiencing this or similar issues, please chime in. I'm still wondering if it's faulty Microsoft drivers that are not updating and not installing, but that's pretty to hard to nail down.

4 minutes ago, Charco said:

Well I've had the issue of the game details screen freezing in Big Box when exiting MAME, but I use iBuffalo SNES controllers more than my 360 pad.

This may not be specific to any particular controller type or drivers, then. I've never once been able to replicate that issue though, so I'm shooting blanks on that one. Are we confident that that's the same issue as Patrick though?

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

This may not be specific to any particular controller type or drivers, then. I've never once been able to replicate that issue though, so I'm shooting blanks on that one. Are we confident that that's the same issue as Patrick though?

Maybe it helps i put my computer specs? 

Processor i7 950, memory 12gb, graphicscard Gtx 970.

And i'm running on Windows 7 64 bit, directx 11.

Xbox360 controller with the latest 1.2 drivers.

Perhaps its an directx problem?

50 minutes ago, 1Patrick34 said:

Maybe it helps i put my computer specs? 

Processor i7 950, memory 12gb, graphicscard Gtx 970.

And i'm running on Windows 7 64 bit, directx 11.

Xbox360 controller with the latest 1.2 drivers.

Perhaps its an directx problem?

Ah, it could be Windows 7, since I do my development and testing on Windows 10. You can try re-running the LaunchBox setup program, just in case DirectX is missing DLLs or something, but I doubt that's what's causing the issue. Might be worth a shot though, you never know.

I'm planning to spend some time on it tomorrow with more testing to see if there's anything I can do to replicate it.

4 minutes ago, Charco said:

I'm on Win7 64bit too. Maybe that has something to do with it. @Jason Carr do you have a machine with that OS to test on?

Not currently; the best I have is a virtual machine. I haven't run Windows 7 on anything in like 4 years lol. But I'll test on a virtual machine and see what I can come up with.

• Like 1