LaunchBox Community Forums

Automatically send {F11} keystroke after emu launch

Pyrometheous

I've been looking around the autohotkey area, and I can't find a command that'll wait 1 second, then send the {F11} keystroke. I'm basically trying to get BSNES to startup in fullscreen. At first I was trying Higan, but I couldn't find any way to get that to launch in fullscreen, so now I'm trying to get BSNES to go fullscreen right after the game launches. I've also tried FEleven but I can't find a good way of executing that along with BSNES and loading the ROM. Although, this would all be much easier if there was a command line parameter that would just toggle fullscreen at launch. Please let me know if you've been able to get this to work.

1 hour ago, fromlostdays said:

I haven't used Higan in a long long time but are you sure there isn't an option in the emulator to open fullscreen? This seems like an unnecessary workaround

Not one that I can find at least

1 hour ago, fromlostdays said:

Alternately, you could use the bsnes core in retroarch, which will launch fullscreen.

I've always shied away from retroarch (except on my vita), the interface just turns me off, although I suppose that with launchbox, there won't be much to do in retroarch aside from the initial setup.

Also not working, hmm... by chance does AutoHotKey script need to specify an application to press {F11} on? Or should it just work? When I was looking through the guide and the send commands I think I saw something about that, but I don't remember exactly what it was, I couldn't get it to work though.

I couldn't even get version 0.88 to load a rom through Launchbox because of the way that emulator wants you to add your games to its own "roms folder".

I would suggest getting a newer Higan build or using Retroarch unless you really have some oddball specific reason for using BSnes v0.88.