LaunchBox Community Forums

Switch Theme WIP

Grila

That goes for you too @CriticalCid. You guys are both royalty.

Just thought of something; it actually might be dependent on the language you use in LaunchBox/Big Box. I hadn't thought of that. So, hmm. Not sure if there's any good way to force it, though...but that would mean that it is indeed ignoring your system settings and just using whatever the defaults are for the active language in LaunchBox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Just thought of something; it actually might be dependent on the language you use in LaunchBox/Big Box. I hadn't thought of that. So, hmm. Not sure if there's any good way to force it, though...but that would mean that it is indeed ignoring your system settings and just using whatever the defaults are for the active language in LaunchBox.

The only thing I'm changing to get it to work is in Windows. Control Panel --> Region --> Short Time and Long Time settings via the drop down. 

Looks awesome with the Clock :D such a small nice detail.  Little of topic but @Jason Carrcould be cool if like on Current consoles you could hit example the guide button minimizeing the game and getting back into Big Box.  Could something like that ever be done? Not sure if any ticket similar exist. 

• Like 1

Seriously, I so wish I could hire @CriticalCid and @Grila both to work on themes full time; that would be amazing. I gotta stop hiring people though or we're gonna hire the entire community and there'll be no users left lol. We're up to six of us now. But if ever we get to a financial state where we can support it, that's not a bad idea.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Looks awesome with the Clock :D such a small nice detail.  Little of topic but @Jason Carrcould be cool if like on Current consoles you could hit example the guide button minimizeing the game and getting back into Big Box.  Could something like that ever be done? Not sure if any ticket similar exist. 

Yeah, that would be really nice, agreed. I did try that a while back and ran into issues with it. But maybe I can come back to that here at some point. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Seriously, I so wish I could hire @CriticalCid and @Grila both to work on themes full time; that would be amazing. I gotta stop hiring people though or we're gonna hire the entire community and there'll be no users left lol. We're up to six of us now. But if ever we get to a financial state where we can support it, that's not a bad idea.

I appreciate the kind words @vsilvalopes and @Jason Carr, but I'm perfectly fine contributing my work to this amazing project for free. The job I have now pays good and let's me do whatever i please as long as things are running smoothly for them. That's how I have so much time to work on stuff for LaunchBox.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Grila said:

I appreciate the kind words @vsilvalopes and @Jason Carr, but I'm perfectly fine contributing my work to this amazing project for free. The job I have now pays good and let's me do whatever i please as long as things are running smoothly for them. That's how I have so much time to work on stuff for LaunchBox.

Awesome, @Grila. Sounds like a great situation, and your work is so much appreciated. Not to mention you're one of those people who's super talented and yet humble, and constantly helping other people...it shows. :)

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, it seems to be related to the language settings. I switched my LaunchBox to German and got the 24h format, after changing the language back to English it also changed the time format back to 12h.

An option in BigBox to change the time format would probably be the user friendliest solution.

Also thanks for the kind works. I appreciate it :)

• Like 1

I just whipped up a weather control really quickly to show what you can do with custom user controls in bigbox (of course you can add animations and make it look nicer than it is).  It's in the top right corner and alternates between the current conditions and current temperature:

Edited by spektor56
  • Like 5

@Grila The controller icon, can that be set differently for each platform? I have been wanting a way to show the user on a certain platform if they would use the arcade controller or a specific game controller. 

Your ComixBox theme has been my favorite so far, but if the above is correct this may take its place. As others have mentioned countless times thanks for all the amazing contributions. 

Launchbox just keeps getting better. 

Edited by Retro808

On 4/9/2017 at 0:24 AM, spektor56 said:

Here's a sample of the comix theme using the control in the WheelGamesView:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6VxVfJp98SlZTRqa2w5eE5sZVE

Here's the source code for the weather control in c# (not a completely finished control, just sample):

https://github.com/spektor56/BigBoxControlLibrary

Thanks a ton @spektor56, I was on the right path with user controls but I was missing a few small details. Seeing your example has cleared it all up for me. I appreciate it!

• Like 1