LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

@ninja2bceen, I messaged you but I'll respond here as well. Agreed that it would be pretty cool, we just would need the community to maintain the data. We should put that on the next poll. :)

@dovella Collection syncing via Dropbox, etc. is already possible just by putting the LaunchBox folder inside of the Dropbox folder.

@Lmagnus87 I will be providing some demo plugins myself, but we'll be mostly relying on the community to build plugins going forward (I'll just keep developing stuff into LaunchBox and Big Box directly).

@spektor56 That should be possible for someone to build soon enough. :)

• Like 3

Beta 4 is finally out guys, and the plugin features are available. I'm still working on fleshing out the documentation, but as a reminder, it is available here:

http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com

I will of course be adding many more plugin types and such here soon, but if you're a developer and want to develop something and need a new hook, please just PM here. :)

Here are the current plugin types available already:

IBigBoxThemeElementPlugin - Add an element/control to a Big Box theme, access the data, and accept user input.
IGameMenuItemPlugin - Add a game-specific menu item to the right-click menu in LaunchBox and/or the game details menu in Big Box.

The former will basically let you build a control to do whatever you want in Big Box. The latter will let you add a menu item in LaunchBox so you can do whatever that way. Hit me up if you run into any issues guys. :)

• Like 4

beta 4 hosed by LB. After it updated, it didn't auto-relaunch. I tried launching LB/BB from their EXEs but it just cycles and neither will boot up (they don't show up in Task Manager either; no errors are given). Tried restarting a couple of times and it didn't fix it. Ran the beta 3 installer and installed it to a different directory and LB booted up fine. Copied the the files from current LB install into this directory and it was back to no booting again, so something is broken.

If I run the beta 3 installer over my current install, will I need to re-do my emulators?

1 hour ago, eXo said:

The "best" emulator for several consoles is debatable. A process that chooses a "best" emulator would be an endless debate and seen as launchbox playing favorites.

Not to mention many folks spend alot of time setting specific inputs and video settings in their respective emulators of choice. 

By "best" i mean the one that actually boots the game and plays it.  Some games don't work on certain emulators or require certain hacks to be enabled to work properly.  It would be easy for a non-poweruser / Kid to get up and running this way.  I'm pretty sure you do the same thing with ur Bat files loading DosBox with specific settings for each game do you not?  Also, waiting patiently for your release with launchbox.  Have 3 4tb drives just sitting inside my computer doing nothing because I lost the sata power cables for my modular power supply lol.  Just gonna hook them up when i buy my new pc.

Edited by spektor56
  • Like 1

@Jason Carr get this when trying to update to latest beta and LaunchBox wont open had to roll back

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    LaunchBox.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    7.10.0.4
  Problem Signature 03:    590cf74b
  Problem Signature 04:    LaunchBox
  Problem Signature 05:    7.10.0.4
  Problem Signature 06:    590cf74b
  Problem Signature 07:    69
  Problem Signature 08:    0
  Problem Signature 09:    System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    6153
  Additional Information 1:    bcf7
  Additional Information 2:    bcf7c492599ba74f416e8dcbb5b6b212
  Additional Information 3:    a05e
  Additional Information 4:    a05e6e1ed16577055d7a470315711540

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Alright beta 5 is available for download now, which should fix it. Sorry for that folks.

If needed, you can download beta 5 directly here and just install it on top of your existing folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzdxq8aa8m4gik9/LaunchBox-7.10-beta-5-Setup.exe?dl=0

That file in the Dropbox link is still uploading but should be ready momentarily.

• Like 6