LaunchBox Community Forums

9 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I would love to see a comic book scrapper using the ComicVine api so you could add digital comics to LB also wouldn't mine seeing books/audio books scrapping added either

I like this idea , leave it with ,me :) what formats do comics normally come in?

• Like 1

Also if there is a way to use the 1st thumbnail from the archive that would be a way to get images for comics not found by the scrapper as that is usually the cover in most scans.

Edited by DOS76

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

Also if there is a way to use the 1st thumbnail from the archive that would be a way to get images for comics not found by the scrapper as that is usually the cover in most scans.

I'm off to work in a little but i'm off over the weekend so i will have a look into this, although i don't read comics my self its an interesting idea to work on i think :) 

3 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I love the idea for more comics support. Either officially (not likely) or via a plugin.

+1 for the first archive image as thumbnail idea. @DOS76, there is a way to extract the first image of archives as a batch via ComicRack and a user made plugin. Kind of a pain but a lot easier than manually extracting them when you have a large library. You can use these for the image displayed in Launchbox. I'll put a link to the forum page with the plugin below for anyone that wants to try it. From the download you have to edit a file called ExtractFirstPage.py to ensure the files get named properly. As is, the script names the images something other than the name of the archive itself which makes more work for us when trying to use them in Launchbox. See the forum page to see what line of the file that needs to be edited. Once that is done, open Comic Rack and add the plugin. Select the folder of comics and run the script. Works really good. Then use CDisplayEX as a comic reader/magazine reader in Launchbox as ComicRack sucks for actually reading comics on a cabinet.

Link for the ExtractFirstPage_1_1.zip download. You'll also need the ComicRack software. 

http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/3052-extract-only-1st-page-in-archive-cover-page

• Like 1

I dont know what kind of things can be accomplished with these new plugins, But a way to use actual game music formats for music instead of mp3s would be great. That way you could use your own vgm collections for the game music. Eg for c64 a sidplay plugin to be able to use HVSC. You would have music for every c64 game. Or a deli/exotic  music player plugin for the amiga. Vgm for genesis, SMS, Gamegear. NSF for nes. SPC for snes etc. There are many video game music formats & full vgm collections are quite easy to come by on the net. This way you could have music playing for pretty much all your games

• Like 3

@superfurry

I'd like an instant pic and movie changer. When scrolling the wheel, the corresponding data doesn't change over until it is already on the next game. I would like a plugin, that as soon as you press down or up (or as soon as the wheel moves) the pics, backgrounds, music, and vids disappear (with fade transition (or whichever transition you choose in the bigbox options). The everything reappears once the wheel stops moving. When the wheel is moving and no data is showing, a default background would be shown instead of just black. Said background could be an image or pic. Said background would have no sound so that it doesn't interfere with what's about to show when the wheel stops.

I'd also like a pic, vid, music, background delayer. As soon as the wheel stops, I'd like to make a 2 sec delay before any media starts to initiate.

Edited by shinra358

Not sure how to, but I would love to see a plugin for the BetaBrite signs. Using colorful images that change for each system menu. Something like this was implemented years ago in Hyperspin.   Old photos of me testing years ago with their program. This is a Betabrite Prism I have.

20131029_231002.jpg

20131029_231143.jpg

20131029_231232.jpg

20131029_231110.jpg

• Like 1

On 2017-5-15 at 2:32 PM, con71 said:

Anybody interested in writing a plugin for Ultramap? I know the stock response to this has been "use RocketLauncher" or some other external method. I'd love to have it as part of BigBox.

+1