LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Cinematix Theme Video

Hi All!

I got question. When I'm download metadata for games sometimes it shows that I can download "Big Box Cinematix Theme Video" for some games (Super Mario World, Star Fox, ...). Those are big videos (30-50 mb) that downloads to Videos/Theme catalog on hard drive.

My question is how to use them (with what big box theme?) instead of standard game video ?

Another question is if I can download all of them somehow because when I add my snes games to launchbox they do not download, but now when I'm upadating games info and download additional images it sometimes shows that i can download Cinematix video. I do not want to edit all games separately and see if theres a option to download cinematix video for each one.

Waiting for Your response.

there are both game and platform specific cinematic videos for the game specific ones yes it will replace the standard game snap video for the platform specific one they are intros to the system and feature footage from multiple games and won't replace anything. These are used in BB but you have to adjust some of the views in some themes to show videos.

For the second question I'm a little unclear on what you mean. If you imported the snes games already you can try using ctrl+a to select all games in the platform and go to tools and download platform/playlist theme videos

• Like 1

DOS76 thanx for the answer but I still dont know how to download Cinematix Videos for specific GAMES. The method You write about is only for downloading PLATFORMS cinematix videos not for specific games.

Like I was writing when I put whole snes collection to Launchbox it didn't download Cinematix videos for any of added games. When I update various games info/picture i see that i can download big box cinematix video theme for them (when i clicked edit on game and then click "download image/media" option of download cinemtaix video appear for some titles - i find it for super mario world, super punchout and starfox).

I would like to download all those cinematix GAMES videos somehow without just clicking all the game and see if theres a chance to download video afert clicking "download image/media.

I hope this time i clearly explain what i want ;]

DOS76 thanx for the answer but I still dont know how to download Cinematix Videos for specific GAMES. The method You write about is only for downloading PLATFORMS cinematix videos not for specific games.

Like I was writing when I put whole snes collection to Launchbox it didn't download Cinematix videos for any of added games. When I update various games info/picture i see that i can download big box cinematix video theme for them (when i clicked edit on game and then click "download image/media" option of download cinemtaix video appear for some titles - i find it for super mario world, super punchout and starfox).

I would like to download all those cinematix GAMES videos somehow without just clicking all the game and see if theres a chance to download video afert clicking "download image/media.

I hope this time i clearly explain what i want ;]

edit:

Sorry to bother - problem solve. I just select all games and click "download metadata and media" and then select only big box cinematix videos. all the videos are downloading right now ;]

but thanks for the effort.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Zozio said:

Hello, i'm trying to download bigbox cinematix for platform (PS2) but no video is downloaded... i'm prenium use.

Where is the option to download and activate the video for platform ?

You don't need to activate it. If you download via the downloader in Launchbox it places it in the correct folder with the correct name.

In Launchbox >Tools >Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos

Capture.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...