LaunchBox Community Forums

Posted (edited)

PCSX2 Configurator

View File

PCSX2 Configurator v0.98

This is a configuration plugin for games being run in PCSX2 through Launchbox. It allows users to configure their games on a per-game basis, and download pre-optimized configurations, form right with LaunchBox.

Installation

Simply Download and extract the zip file, place the "PCSX2 Configurator" folder in your LaunchBox Plugins Directory. Then Start LaunchBox and the plugin will be installed.

Settings

The Plugin Settings Menu is located in LaunchBox's tools Menu. All Current settings are defined how PCSX2 is currently configured. Each of the options is explained breifly below:

Use Independant Memory Cards? - create a new formatted memory card (In Slot 1) for each game that is configured

Use Current Plugin & Bios Files? - retains current plugin and bios selection when configuring a game (leaving this un-checked will require them to be re-configured)

Use Current GS Window Settings? - retains current GS Window Settings (Vsync/Aspect Ratio/Custom Window Size)

Use Current Program Log Settings? - retains current Program Log Settings, The main purpose of this is to show/hide the console window

Use Current Folder Settings? - retains current Folder Settings, This is generally only needed if default folders are not in use

Use Current VM Settings? - retains current VM Settings, This Mostly denotes what custom patches/hacks/cheats are enabled, and will usually be overidden by downloaded configs

Use Current GSdx Plugin Settings? - retains current GSdx (Graphics Plugin) Settings, This will be overidden by downloaded configs

Use Current SPU2-X Plugin Settings? - retains current SPU2-X (Sound Plugin) Settings, Not needed in most cases, May be overidden by downloaded configs

Use Current LilyPad Plugin Settings? - retains current LilyPad (Controller Plugin) Settings, Not needed in most cases Configuartions Directory - the loaction where per-game configurations are stored, This is in the Emulators ini folder by default though can be changed

Closing the window will automatically apply the settings. Settings can also be changed directly using the Settings.ini file found in the Plugins Directory ("Plugins\PCSX2 Configurator") This file also contains hidden settings:

AllowAllSettings - ensures Presets are disabled and Game Fixes and Speed Hacks are enabled in PCSX2

Usage

The plugin has a minimalistic interface. To Create a custom configuration for a PS2 game with PCSX2 (or RocketLauncher) as it's default emulator, Simply right click on it and press configure. If the game already has optimized settings (and is named in accordance to the LaunchboxDB) then you will be asked if you want to use them, PCSX2 will then open to allow you to make tweaks to your config (for selected game). When you are happy with your current config you can close PCSX2, and simply run your game in LaunchBox as normal to play with configured settings. All optimized settings are designed for PCSX2 1.5.0-dev and later builds and may not work correctly and require some tweaking for older versions of PCSX2. To force a check for optimized settings (after already creating a config) hold left control when pressing configure, You can also quickly close the PCSX2 window with CTRL+ESC. For those using RocketLaucnher, this plugin should mostly just work, though it will set your PCSX2 Game Configs folder (In Rocket Launcher) to the folder specified in this plugin (PCSX2\inis by default), and you also need to have PCSX2 setup as an emulator in LaunchBox so the plugin knows where to find it.

Credit & Support

The Plugin was developed by two members of The LaunchBox community with alec100_94 being responsible for the original idea, and bulk of the plugins development and Zombeaver, creating and working on the PCSX2 Configuration Project (Optimized Settings) and the artwork used within the plugin, as well as being a tester for the latest version.

For Support, bug reporting, feature request, or a desire to contribute to this plugin please contact alec100_94, by commenting on the file, mentioning him on the forums, or directly through personal message.

[Full project including source code can be found On Github]

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 7

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I put the dll in the plugins folder, unblock it but when I right click a game and select configure pcsx2 settings I get this error.

Error

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Keeper86 said:

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I put the dll in the plugins folder, unblock it but when I right click a game and select configure pcsx2 settings I get this error.

Error

I have the exact same error.

8 hours ago, The_Keeper86 said:

Error

I'll look into this error later, in the meantime try running launchbox as admin and let me know where your launchbox and pcsx2 are located.

I am getting the same error, it seems to be games with a colon in the title that give the error. Every other game is fine.

57 minutes ago, kev25b said:

I am getting the same error, it seems to be games with a colon in the title that give the error. Every other game is fine.

I can confirm this

The colon bug is fixed in v0.91, try re-downloading the file from the files section, it should be the updated version.

Posted (edited)

The bug was fixed before, but it appears I made a mistake when uploading the new version (added it as an attachment, instead of replacing the original), This has now been fixed and downloading the file will be the latest version. It's recommended that anyone using the plugins downloads it again to ensure a bug free experience. You may also need to unblock the .dll in windows for launchbox to launch it, I'll upload the next version as a zip file.

Edited by alec100_94

It works great but with the plugin installed Launchbox always crashes when I right click on Windows Games. Probably because they have no Emulator linked to them:

Error

This is very cool! It would be nice if at first the custom inis are the same as the inis in ini folder.

The bug with windows games is now fixed.  A new version with more options should be done within the next couple of weeks.

Would be great if the plugin would import our preset settings on first run for things like application language, output resolution and button config so we don't have to redo it for every game we play. Things that doesn't impact the emulation settings at all.

Hey, not sure what the problem is here but after installing the plugin, i went to configure one of my games, i reselected the bios and plugins i use, changed the settings etc. and pressed apply then ok. However after this process i went to launch the game and found that it wont import the settings but instead uses the default pcsx2 settings, this also happened when i tried with another game. Even after removing the plugin and trying the games again they will not apply any settings and keep launching with the default settings. Its as if the plugin creates a new instance of pcsx2 for the game and keeps default settings and i cannot unlink the game from the newly created instance. Is there something i am doing wrong? Any help would be great, thank you!

Still get the crash on Windows games (I Use libraries with custom names if this is the issue). Also do I need to place the ahk file in the plugins directory or somewhere else? 

Could you please post what error you are getting, what do you mean by using libraries with custom names? The folder contained in the zip file (containing DLL, ahk, ini) should be placed in the plugin folder as is.

• Like 1

No error it just crashes. Where was the location of the log file again? With custom Name I mean that my windows collection is not named windows but steam, gog and so on but scrapes as windows. The Plugin also seems to stay installed even if I remove it from the plugins folder now. 

EDIT: The error only comes with steam games not with other pc games. 

Edited by Darkcloud