LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide platforms

cenodude

• 2 months later...

Same here, googling led me to this thread.

I have the windows platform showing and the windows games added to my arcade playlists.

on top of that I still have the arcade platform showing in the arcade platform category which makes everything extremely redundant.

I also have the Naomi platform and those games are grouped into my arcade playlists and I can’t hide that either.

• 3 months later...

Im really hoping this becomes a new feature as well, in the meantime since I hate the redundancy I changed the auto start up category in big box to playlists only.  Then I basically remade all the platforms as playlists and just used the same clear logo and same theme video from the the playlist.  then I went through and deleted the games i didnt want in the playlist.  So now I have for example a light guns game playlist with lethal enforcers in it and then an mame or arcade playlist that has all the arcade games but lethal enforcers.  It took only 20 or so minutes to do.  and for now it solves all my problems.  I imagine if you have a different theme going that shows info and specs and what not this method might not work, but for me I just have a theme video for each system and game so you cant tell the difference between platforms and playlists at all.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well thank you.

In my mind what I would like to have my system look like so:

1:  turn on system, and see a “big box loading” screen until the loading video starts.

2:  “initializing big box” and boot into a screen that shows “Arcade” and “Retro Gaming”

3.  Inside “Arcade” there are two listings: “Popular Classics” and “obscure classics”

4: inside the “popular classics” heading you’ll find all the old common titles that everyone knows. Ms Pac-Man, pac man, mvc, etc.  

5. Everything else is under “obscure classics” so that if someone comes over and says: “hey is such and such game on here” I can direct them to that section.

——————————————————-
IDEALLY, I would like it to boot directly into the “popular classics” section with the “obscure” section totally hidden until it is manually and deliberately unhidden via the menu.  This way that the only thing the user sees is a list of arcade titles to scroll through when the machine comes on.  Then the user can back out of the arcade section to see the consoles and handhelds section and they can see the complete list of obscure games only when they ask and I unhide it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Retro808 said:

Currently not implemented and it did not make it on the list of poll items for the current list of things the dynamic duo are working on.

Damn.. Hope this will be a thing in the future. It would make managing hacked/homebrew/unlicensed stuff a lot easier.

1 minute ago, QuadBOyinbo said:

Damn.. Hope this will be a thing in the future. It would make managing hacked/homebrew/unlicensed stuff a lot easier.

I am sure it will be something added. Plenty of users are looking for it. Since the dev team is only 2 there has to be some triaging of what they work on.

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I am sure it will be something added. Plenty of users are looking for it. Since the dev team is only 2 there has to be some triaging of what they work on.

For sure.. That makes sense. I'm sure it'll be added at one point. I'm a pretty new user.. All the problems I've run into so far, I've found 2-3 year old threads saying it's not possible. Only to stumble upon a recent thread saying it's been a feature for a while. ? Top 10 software devs for sure. I really appreciate the way they vote for new additions. It's literally a software build WITH the community, not just for.

Edited by QuadBOyinbo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...