LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide platforms

cenodude

Hi

is there a way to hide platforms? I've allot of playlists and i dont want to see all the platforms and the playlists together in BigBox. So basically i want to hide the platform but the games must still be visibel in the playlist. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Oh. I am not sure if BigBox will allow you to pick and choose. 

Not sure if this will be a look you want but you can use the platform categories option and it will give you an extra layer. Then make your playlists be a platform category. This will separate out playlists from your systems view. 

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

That should just hide the playlist inside of a platform. I believe he is wanting to hide some, but not all of his platforms and keep playlists visible which I am not sure was implemented. 

Indeed. Oh well, perhaps we are able to control the platforms the same way as the playlists in the future.

• 3 months later...

I would also like to see this function.  I have all my Window games parsed out in playlists but would like to hide the Windows platform itself from the platform big box list view.  I am a bit newer to this tool and forum.  Is there a request forum we can add this to for the developer to have visibility on?  I am sure if more folks request this it can raise to the priority list of development. 

By the way, Love Launchbox and Big Box in my cab.  Awesome job and look forward to its continued development! 

8 minutes ago, yungcd77 said:

I would also like to see this function.  I have all my Window games parsed out in playlists but would like to hide the Windows platform itself from the platform big box list view.  I am a bit newer to this tool and forum.  Is there a request forum we can add this to for the developer to have visibility on?  I am sure if more folks request this it can raise to the priority list of development. 

By the way, Love Launchbox and Big Box in my cab.  Awesome job and look forward to its continued development! 

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

I am actually with you on this as I would like to hide my Arcade platform, as I have them all in separate playlists. 

The best place for feature requests is at the top of the page here, Help&Support then Request feature.

• 1 month later...
First sorry but my English is not good ^ ^

I also have the problem I have used the Tuturial from ETA Prime,

to use Capcom Play System 1,2,3 etc. and no matter what I do when the games should start I always have to integrate a new platform (Cps1 Cps2 ...)

At the end I have 3 times Arcade next to each other while I just want to keep the lists like Capcom Classic but I do not want to hide SNES and PS2 and others at the end.

is there no possibility?

and sorry had to use some google translation ^^
Edited by Feindsender23

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I, too - would love this feature. 

I have downloaded a bunch of old roms like Colecovision/Amiga32CD etc. And while I want to keep all the games in Launchbox, I haven't set up all the emulators or controls - yet... so it'd be awesome to hide the entire platforms from Big Box, but keep them in Launchbox. 

This would allow all of us to enjoy Big Box that much more while we're still working and putting together our ridiculous setups! :) 

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2018 at 1:28 AM, Cosmodk said:

I Would love this feature as well, there are some smaller/older platforms I don't want on display in Bigbox, but still want to be able to play them through launcbox

To get around this - I went ahead and edited all the Roms in all the Platforms that I wanted to Hide in BB. 

I set all the ROMS in all the Platforms I wanted to hide - to Hidden. 

So now in BigBox, all those incomplete and older systems no longer show when we want to game on the Big Screen. 

And whenever you want to see them all again - set Show Hidden Games.

The solution isn't ideal - but it works for now.

• 7 months later...

I too would like to be able to hide a platform. For example, I have 7 or 8 games from Sega Naomi opening with Demul. They are lightgun games and I want them in my lightgun playlist and I don't want to see the Naomi platform in Bigbox at all. I'm sure there are other ways I can get around this limitation (such as adding them to the Arcade Platform) but being able to just hide the platform I've already created would make it super easy.

• 4 months later...

It would be a great features... is there news on a possibility to hide some platform ?

For example i've all my media and roms on a NAS. I have 2 PC : one dedicated for racing game and one dedicated for arcade game. How can i configure 2 launchbox to do this ?