Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

New configs:

Hot Shots Golf 3
Hot Shots Golf Fore!

Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon
Kengo: Master of Bushido

Updates:

I audited the configs for widescreen support, setting the aspect ratio to 4:3 in any cases where there isn't a widescreen patch or native widescreen support within the game. I added a new column to the spreadsheet to indicate whether or not widescreen is enabled, and added notes for the instances where widescreen needs to be manually enabled in a game's options menu (these have "Yes*" in the new widescreen column).

Espgaluda changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
Extermination adjusted TC offset slightly and disabled Preload Frame Data (unnecessary)
Glass Rose changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
Odin Sphere changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
Onimusha: Warlords changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
Phantasy Star Generation 1 changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
Phantasy Star Generation 2 changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
Rune: Viking Warlord changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
Shining Tears changed to 4:3 aspect ratio
SSX 3 added SPU-X.ini to github (was missing - the game is supposed to be set to async audio mode)
State of Emergency reduced upscaling from 4x to 3x (4x can have some slowdown on some levels)

I also reformatted all the .pnach (patch) files so that they will show a comment in the console window (if you enable it) to describe what the patch is.

• Like 2

Great work on the configs,really appreciate all the details. I was curious if you used any of the scanline filters included with pcsx2 especially for the software rendered games that are not upscaled? I was thinking about to start looking at reshade again just for the software rendered games but it seems like every time I mess with reshade I get it looking good for one game and it not look good for another one. I have mainly tried reshade with mostly modern pc games however with pixelated art.

I don't really like the scanline filters in PCSX2 to be honest. One because they just don't look all that good and two because none of this stuff will really have scanlines even on a real CRT. 240p on PS2 is very rare. Pretty much everything on PS2 is 480i+ which isn't going to have scanlines.

If you have any interest in the reshade preset I posted several pages back, I've included it below. There's a bright version (looks better with dark/high contrast content like survival horror games etc. but can make games that are already fairly bright kinda blown out) and a dark version (default, probably looks better with the majority of stuff). PgDn toggles the menu and End toggles Reshade on and off. You can select the Dark or Bright preset by toggling the menu and selecting the preset at the top.

This comes with some considerations. Because of the way the configs are setup and launched, both the gl and d3d dlls have to be included (because some use the GL renderer and some use D3D). This is fine so long as you don't need to go into the video settings, because that will cause a crash if the content that's loaded is using the GL renderer. I made a pretty lengthy post over on the reshade forums about it and the developer wasn't very helpful. The conclusion was basically that it was "by design". Be that as it may, it doesn't cause an issue so long as you don't go into the gsdx menu. If you need to, you'll need to move the dlls first or rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll. I put a couple of bats in the ZombsReshade folder to make some things easier.

dll-d3d-swap.bat swaps the name of dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll and vice versa each time you run it. If it's named d3d11.dll it can still be hooked by PCSX2 when running D3D content (and doesn't cause the crash when GL content is loaded and going to gsdx settings), but only when you toggle a renderer refresh by pressing F9 twice. If you leave it dxgi.dll it'll load automatically, but causes the crash when loading GL content and going to the gsdx settings.

dll-move.bat just moves the dlls into the ZombsReshade folder or up one folder (this basically just enables or disables reshade)

ZombsReshade.7z

• Like 1

Hmm. What do you have set as your default in PCSX2? If it's 4:3 try changing it to 16:9 and see what happens when you import.

It's supposed to make them all default to 16:9 when the configs are downloaded (regardless of what you have set as your default) unless the ui-tweak file is included, which can be used to force it to 4:3 among a few other things. Maybe it isn't defaulting correctly. If not, I guess I can always add tweak files to all the ones that are 16:9 to force it to that.

You shouldn't actually have had to have done that. The plugin was designed from the beginning to make any downloaded configs default to 16:9 unless I specifically told it to do otherwise with a tweak file. Apparently that doesn't work correctly anymore. The configs have always been designed to use widescreen in almost every case. The new changes were actually to disable widescreen in those instances because it isn't supported by the game/with a patch.

I guess I'll have to just add a tweak file for everything, just specifying 16:9 in nearly all cases. I tested that with Kuon and it worked. The default was set to 4:3, downloaded, and it was 16:9.

What are you guys doing to get the Configurator Next working the last LB? I get this error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.15
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    System.String GetPcsx2InisDir()
Source:  PCSX2 Configurator Next

at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.ConfiguratorModel.GetPcsx2InisDir()
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.ConfiguratorModel.get_Pcsx2InisDir()
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateUiConfigFile(String targetConfigDir, IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateConfig(IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ApplyRemoteConfig(IGame game, String remoteConfigDir)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.DownloadConfig(IGame game, String remoteConfigPath)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Ui.ConfigWindow.DownloadConfigBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

8:10:05 PM Exception

I've tried Hotfix 1 as well.

5 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

You shouldn't actually have had to have done that. The plugin was designed from the beginning to make any downloaded configs default to 16:9 unless I specifically told it to do otherwise with a tweak file. Apparently that doesn't work correctly anymore. The configs have always been designed to use widescreen in almost every case. The new changes were actually to disable widescreen in those instances because it isn't supported by the game/with a patch.

I guess I'll have to just add a tweak file for everything, just specifying 16:9 in nearly all cases. I tested that with Kuon and it worked. The default was set to 4:3, downloaded, and it was 16:9.

Yeah I was wondering about that. Why would aspect ratio be the only setting that doesn't change automatically without tweak files? Everything else seems to change according to the spreadsheet, regardless of default values.

Edited by Thornback

Well the aspect ratio setting is specified in the PCSX2_ui.ini file, which isn't included in any of the configs (because it has user-specific path data in it). So the plugin was designed to just default every config that was downloaded to 16:9 unless manually overrided via a special file that I can include called PCSS2_ui-tweak.ini. It's basically a truncated version of PCSX2_ui.ini that lets me specify a few things like aspect ratio and zoom. The idea was that I would only ever need to use this if I needed to specifically set a game to use 4:3 (in cases where there is no patch or native support, or cases where the widescreen patch is just outright buggy), and I know that it worked like that at some point but doesn't seem to anymore. It's not a huge deal, I'll just have to add a tweak file to everything and just specify 16:9 for 95% of them. I did a quick test of one game and it worked as intended. 4:3 was set as the default. Downloaded a config and it was 16:9.

• Game On 1

Alright, it's done. Tweak files have been uploaded for everything so anything that's setup to use widescreen should be pulled in with 16:9 regardless of what you have set as the default. This is always what was supposed to happen to begin with but I guess I didn't test it thoroughly enough.

To reiterate: everything that says "yes" in the widescreen column of the spreadsheet (which is nearly all of them) you should be seeing in widescreen. If not, redownload the config and you should be good to go now.

• Unusual Gem 1

In the process of re-downloading all configs to apply the widescreen changes. ICO makes LB crash every time even after deleting its ini folder manually.

EDIT: Seems to happen with other games too, out of all the games in my collection the following will show the same behaviour:

- ICO
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Onimusha 2 and 3
- Shadow of Rome
- Tekken Tag Tournament
- Tenchu Wrath of Heaven

Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.0-beta-2
Type:    System.IO.IOException
Site:    Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ApplyRemoteConfig(IGame game, String remoteConfigDir)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.DownloadConfig(IGame game, String remoteConfigPath)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Ui.ConfigWindow.DownloadConfigBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

6:12:18 PM Exception

Edited by Thornback

Yep, I explained that before - you have to delete any patch files from your cheats folder before it tries to download them again, because Launchbox doesn't like it when they already exist. That's why I've included the list of them and list what's used on the sheet. That's what's causing the problem in each of those cases except for MGS3. It doesn't have a patch so I'm not sure what the issue is there. I just redownloaded it without issue.

Spoiler

00C584CB.pnach = edge rendering fix for Everblue 2 (PAL SLES-51381)
0AE679AF.pnach = no interlacing patch for Extermination
1F34E107.pnach = no interlacing/blur removal for Armored Core: Last Raven
1F8640E0.pnach = no interlacing patch for Tales of Legendia (NTSC-J SLPS-25533)
2B778B84.pnach = no interlacing patch for Phantasy Star Generation 1 (English Patched)
3E2A42FA.pnach = no interlacing patch for Rygar
3E46A5F0.pnach = no interlacing patch for Shadow Hearts (NTSC-J SLPS-25041)
4C2D1E6D.pnach = no interlacing patch for Wipeout Fusion
4D22DB95.pnach = no interlacing patch for Whiplash
6BF11378.pnach = no interlacing patch for Onimusha 3
6F8545DB.pnach = no interlacing patch for Ico
6FB69282.pnach = no interlacing patch for God Hand
7BF65F9C.pnach = no interlacing patch for Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
7DE3F9E8.pnach = no interlacing patch for Shadow Hearts (PAL SLES-50822)
8BE3D7B2.pnach = no interlacing patch for Shadow Hearts (NTSC-U)
8CF7CBC0.pnach = no interlacing patch for Maximo vs Army of Zin
9C8D0998.pnach = no interlacing patch for Hot Shots Golf 3
9C71B59E.pnach = no interlacing patch for Psi-Ops
19CC4372.pnach = no interlacing patch for Onimusha 2 (NTSC-J SLPM-65100)
39B574F0.pnach = no interlacing patch for Ace Combat 5
43AB7214.pnach = no interlacing patch for Tales of Legendia (NTSC-U)
72B3802A.pnach = no interlacing patch for Street Fighter EX3
339A0B8C.pnach = no interlacing patch for Fatal Frame
519E816B.pnach = no interlacing patch for Nightshade
521D40D2.pnach = no interlacing patch for Bujingai: The Forsaken City
588CC41B.pnach = no interlacing patch for Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
767E383D.pnach = no interlacing patch for Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
1771BFE4.pnach = no interlacing patch for Soul Reaver 2
9679D44C.pnach = no interlacing patch for Drakengard
9794BFEF.pnach = no interlacing patch for Hot Shots Golf 3 (alternate CRC)
57818AF6.pnach = no interlacing patch for Shadow of Rome
67454C1E.pnach = no interlacing patch for Tekken Tag Tournament v2.00
951555A0.pnach = blur removal patch for Disgaea 2
0958556B.pnach = no interlacing patch for Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
5848889C.pnach = no interlacing patch for Onimusha 2 (NTSC-U)
06157251.pnach = no interlacing patch for Way of the Samurai
06441001.pnach = no interlacing patch for Wild Arms 3
40372109.pnach = no interlacing patch for Fantavision
65729657.pnach = no interlacing patch for Ace Combat Zero
A5C05C78.pnach = no interlacing patch for Dark Cloud
A9461CB2.pnach = no interlacing patch for SkyGunner
AA4E5A35.pnach = no interlacing patch for Bloody Roar 3
B95C635E.pnach = no interlacing patch for Rumble Roses (NTSC-U)
B304172F.pnach = no interlacing + progressive scan patch for Devil Kings
BCE9B7BB.pnach = edge rendering fix for Everblue 2 (NTSC-U)
BFCC3E7E.pnach = no interlacing patch for Shinobi
C1C91715.pnach = no interlacing patch for Rumble Roses (NTSC-J SLPM-65885)
C77AF2CA.pnach = no interlacing patch for Sly Cooper
D6D296AD.pnach = no interlacing patch for Crimson Sea 2
D7F42600.pnach = no interlacing patch for Hot Shots Golf Fore!
D382C164.pnach = progressive scan patch for SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2
D7273511.pnach = customized widescreen patch for SMT: Digital Devil Saga to re-enable shadows and use progressive scan
DAA49CDC.pnach = no interlacing patch for Wild Arms: Alter Code F
DEFA4763.pnach = no interlacing patch for Shadow Hearts (PAL SLES-50677)
E8FCF8EC.pnach = progressive scan patch for SMT: Nocturne
E84C9242.pnach = no interlacing patch for Tekken Tag Tournament v1.00
E0426FC6.pnach = no interlacing patch for Okage: Shadow King
F2EEC598.pnach = no interlacing patch for Legaia 2: Duel Saga
F1130528.pnach = no interlacing patch for Phantasy Star Generation 2 (English Patched)
FDB4D261.pnach = no interlacing patch for Armored Core 3
FEE23E8F.pnach = no interlacing patch for The Bouncer

Any of these that already exist must be deleted from your cheats folder before you download their corresponding config.

It also gives me that error and I have tried everything that is commented. I have noticed that there are configurations that give error and others do not. The difference I see between them is that those giving the error have a .pnach file. I have everything updated both launchbox and plugin with the April update.

(Solved the problem removing the .pnach from the cheats folder thanks Zombeaver)

Edited by Pedro

1 minute ago, Thornback said:

Hmm, so I deleted 67454C1E (Tekken Tag Tournament) from the cheats folder (not cheats_ws), then removed the config and tried to re-download. Still crashes.

Tekken Tag Tournament has two. There are different CRCs for it.

E84C9242 (NTSC-U v1.00)
67454C1E (NTSC-U v2.00)