LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

2 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Wish I had known about that thread earlier. Good to know people are working to get those hard to run games to playable states.

Yeah, I'm still going through it. I've seen a couple other things that are worth looking into. Some stuff has already been incorporated into the automatic game fixes but some haven't (like the ones I added) so I have to look through the GameIndex.dbf to check them.

3 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Also thanks for Killzone!

No problem! I know it's one a lot of people have been wanting for a while. I have some notes for it on the sheet, but basically the game seems pretty playable at 4x scaling. The reason the config is at 3x is that the first few screens of the game (where it says like SCEA, Guerilla, etc.) are very slow for some reason and this is made worse the higher the scaling. At 3x it's about 60% speed for me. At 4x it's about 30%. It's not a huge deal since everything seems normal once you're passed it, but I didn't think it was a good idea to have people start with something that was going to run that slow and be really confused what was going on. If you do change the scaling to 4x, be sure to change the TC Offset values of 200 / 200 to 500 / 500 to fix the bloom/blur alignment. There might be something later that causes the same sort of slowdown, I'm not sure, but I played through the first two levels and they seemed fine.

• Like 1

Hi I'm a newbee here! great plugin because adjusting the setting has been a nightmare for me. I just checked the excel sheet, and I didn't see any winning eleven or PES soccer games. Does anyone have some good configurations for these games? It plays very slow for me

On 7/4/2020 at 8:48 AM, Zombeaver said:

I played for about an hour and it seemed fine so far so I pushed it through along with a couple others.

Updates:

Grandia III changed from 6x scaling to 5x scaling + FXAA: performs and looks a bit better.

New configs:

Killzone
Primal
(thanks to @Thornback for letting me know about the patch and for Raziel/prafull on the PCSX2 forums for patching the game!)
R: Racing Evolution
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Seven Samurai 20XX

Wooooo! Code Veronica X!! Thanks Zombeaver! ?

• 3 weeks later...

@Zombeaver

I can't get PCSX2.Configurator.Next.Beta.2.Hotfix.2 works with the latest beta of LB. I've unlocked the zip and the dll, extracted the folder in the root of the Plugins folder of LB but when i right click in to a PS2 game, the "PCSX2 Configurator" does not shows up. LB creates the "Settings.ini" file in \LaunchBox\Plugins\PCSX2 Configurator Next so i think is not LB related issue. Any tips?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just upgraded and seems like the option to "Use Independent Memory Cards" is no longer working.  In other words new games are saving to the standard Mcd001.ps2 memory card instead of creating a new memory card with the game's name.  I can't seem to find the option anywhere.  Anyone know if this is still an option.

Thanks so much for this thread!  I've been wondering if saving individual configs were possible, given the vast per-game differences in settings requirements (mixed with my noob understanding of PCSX2).

I do have one general question that applies to PCSX2 and also emulators with larger sized games (i.e. Dolphin, Cemu, Citra, Demul, Chankast, etc.)

Does placing the emulator, game image file, and LB all together on an SSD give a significant performance boost or stutter elimination vs running from an external USB 3.0 HDD?  

A little off-topic, I apologize.  I'm a relative noob and want to find a good jumping-on point to understanding the nuances so I can just fire up a game and have it sing :)  I love LB, BB & the awesome community!

Edited by bujinkanrn

16 hours ago, bujinkanrn said:

Thanks so much for this thread!  I've been wondering if saving individual configs were possible, given the vast per-game differences in settings requirements (mixed with my noob understanding of PCSX2).

I do have one general question that applies to PCSX2 and also emulators with larger sized games (i.e. Dolphin, Cemu, Citra, Demul, Chankast, etc.)

Does placing the emulator, game image file, and LB all together on an SSD give a significant performance boost or stutter elimination vs running from an external USB 3.0 HDD?  

A little off-topic, I apologize.  I'm a relative noob and want to find a good jumping-on point to understanding the nuances so I can just fire up a game and have it sing :)  I love LB, BB & the awesome community!

Yeah this isn't the best thread for this question, plus there are a lot of other threads that address it, but basically, putting it all on an SSD wouldn't hurt, but since this hobby often comes with ... HD space issues :) order of importance on an SSD = Launchbox and all its media (this is where you may actually see a noticeable difference) > Emulators (Jury is still out. I've personally seen no difference on an SSD or just regular external, but they are usually small enough to just throw on the SSD anyway) > games (no real reason for these to be on an SSD, no speedup and you won't see any difference.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

Yeah this isn't the best thread for this question, plus there are a lot of other threads that address it, but basically, putting it all on an SSD wouldn't hurt, but since this hobby often comes with ... HD space issues :) order of importance on an SSD = Launchbox and all its media (this is where you may actually see a noticeable difference) > Emulators (Jury is still out. I've personally seen no difference on an SSD or just regular external, but they are usually small enough to just throw on the SSD anyway) > games (no real reason for these to be on an SSD, no speedup and you won't see any difference.)

Thanks for the response!  I wasn't sure if it would be worth moving everything from an external HDD to an SSD.  I appreciate your breaking it down in such a detailed manner.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2020 at 1:05 PM, Nocta said:

If you are still accepting requests @Zombeaver, here are mine:

Crash Nitro Kart

Homura

Jak & Daxter/ Jak III / Jak X

Ratchet & Clank Going Commando / Ratchet & Clank Up your arsenal / Ratchet Deadlocked

I am but it'll be a while as I'm in the middle of another project at the moment.

3 hours ago, McJhonns said:

the pcsx2 release that u uploaded on the main post is the one u recommend the better or which version u using now?

1.6.0 (stable) is what was used for the current configs.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I am but it'll be a while as I'm in the middle of another project at the moment.

Wow! Doing god's work once again. Honestly I'm sure I can talk for all of us when I say THANK YOU for making such perfectionist work available to everyone.

I'm not taking if for granted and I really appreciate how you are sharing these beautiful projects. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1