LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

Would just like to say thanks for this amazing plugin.  I had purchased a cheap Dell OptiPlex with a GTX 1050ti as an emulation machine and couldn't get Shadow of The Colossus to run well.  Using your config though it runs smooth with all of the bloom effect gone and zero slowdown so far.  I will now download the configs for the rest of my games.

Quick question, for the configs to be correctly picked up by PCSX2 I'm assuming the game has to be launched directly from Launchbox?

Also, with the upcoming PCSX2 Retroarch core, are there any plans to make the configs available for that?  It's early days yet, and have yet to see exactly what configuration options will be available within Retroarch, i.e. widescreen hacks etc.

On 11/15/2020 at 4:11 AM, Trebor84 said:

Would just like to say thanks for this amazing plugin.  I had purchased a cheap Dell OptiPlex with a GTX 1050ti as an emulation machine and couldn't get Shadow of The Colossus to run well.  Using your config though it runs smooth with all of the bloom effect gone and zero slowdown so far.  I will now download the configs for the rest of my games.

Quick question, for the configs to be correctly picked up by PCSX2 I'm assuming the game has to be launched directly from Launchbox?

Also, with the upcoming PCSX2 Retroarch core, are there any plans to make the configs available for that?  It's early days yet, and have yet to see exactly what configuration options will be available within Retroarch, i.e. widescreen hacks etc.

Unless the Retoarch core lays out the settings configurations in the same exact manner, it's likely everything would have to be redone from scratch.

And given the speed at which the core will be updated compared to the standalone, it might not be worth it to convert.

But I'm not an expert, so take what I'm saying with a barrel of salt.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, I just discovered this, and I can't help but say Thank You! There is shockingly little info for PCSX2 configurations floating around online, considering the popularity of the system, so your work here is an absolute godsend and is much appreciated!

However, i do have to ask, is this project still ongoing, or have you fully moved onto C64 Dreams?

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2017 at 8:17 PM, Zombeaver said:

The games must be scanned and matched with the LBGDB first! The LBGDB ID is how configs are matched, so you must do this first. Once they're scanned/matched you're ready to go - just right-click -> PCSX2 Configurator -> Download Config and you're all set!

What the heck is LBGDB?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey y'all. Long time no post in here. I've recently been checking out PCSX2 1.7.3 and have been extremely encouraged and excited by some of the recent changes they've made. One incredibly significant one being that they have their own internal mechanism for per-game configs now, which streamlines things significantly. Better yet is that it functions in a way that's very similar to things like Retroarch's configs, i.e. they function as only changes-from-base settings, so I don't need to specify things like scaling and anisotropic filtering values, those can be set by the end user as a base value and that will apply to any configs I create, which will essentially just include fixes. They're also much more manageable and easy to work with since they're literally just simple .inis that need to go in the right folder and that's it. Everything is based on CRC checksums so it doesn't require any special file naming either - you just scan the games into PCSX2 and as long as your CRC matches my CRC, my config will apply. This also means that things like the LB plugin will no longer be necessary, which has had its own share of issues with continual maintenance and compatibility over time. You'll just have a single zip to extract, merge with your PCSX2 folder, and you're done. It's only taken literally two decades for PCSX2 to get to a point where this is possible, but I'm not going to let that go to waste.

I've knocked out 50 configs in a couple days so it hopefully shouldn't take too long to make it back through them all. Thanks to some improvements, some major issues have been resolved as well, so a few games have moved from yellow status to green (Echo Night: Beyond, Galerians: Ash, and Gregory Horror Show so far), which is a nice added bonus. Anyway, more to come as I progress.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 2 weeks later...

Status update: I'm currently at 125 configs complete. There have been several improvements so far, including some games that were previously completely broken, so that's exciting. It should be noted though that I've found three regressions so far:

18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker: bad audio
Onimusha 3: graphical bugs
Summoner: bad audio (though it should be noted that a visual bug in 1.6.0 which required software rendering for this game has now been fixed)

I'm hopeful that all these will be fixed eventually but for the time being I would recommend 1.6.0 for all of these. Everything else so far has either been the same or better than it was previously (sometimes significantly so).

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

since removing this plugin (deleted folder from /plugins/) in ps2 context menu when i right click a game i get "Configure CTRL+G" and clicking it throws this error dialogue box that says LoadConfig.AHK "Script File Not found F:\Launchbox\Plugins\PCSX2Configuator\LoadConfig.ahk"

any idea how to remove this "Configure CTRL+G" thing from context menu?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honestly, it's on the backburner at the moment as a few of the PCSX2 devs/mods thoroughly pissed me off a couple months back and it made me less inclined to work on this. I made the mistake of actually trying to work with them for a while to bring a lot of the issues that these configs are designed to address to their attention, and it got me literally nothing but grief. I don't really want to get into it but suffice it to say that they take an aggressively unhelpful approach to development in a number of ways, to the extent that I literally want nothing to do with them. I will get back to fixing their shit for them eventually, but I have a couple other projects that have taken over my project time in the interim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 6:49 PM, Zombeaver said:

Honestly, it's on the backburner at the moment as a few of the PCSX2 devs/mods thoroughly pissed me off a couple months back and it made me less inclined to work on this. I made the mistake of actually trying to work with them for a while to bring a lot of the issues that these configs are designed to address to their attention, and it got me literally nothing but grief. I don't really want to get into it but suffice it to say that they take an aggressively unhelpful approach to development in a number of ways, to the extent that I literally want nothing to do with them. I will get back to fixing their shit for them eventually, but I have a couple other projects that have taken over my project time in the interim.

that's sad to hear! If developers were more open minded, we would have been in a way way better place now. It took them years to add a must-have & a duhh feature like "per game configuration" so I'm not surprised. They are close to finish their new stable version and it seems a little promising. But I'm more looking forward to your tool than anything else in the emulation field currently haha I know nothing about coding, but maybe chat GPT can help these days haha

• Like 1