LaunchBox Community Forums

7.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

9 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

sound issue fixed but now there is a new problem. when coming back from the details screen, the video on the game screen is paused and doesn't resume play until you move to a new game.

That's been the case for a while; it's not a new thing. Though I agree that I should put it on the to-do list to change.

" Only happened for me when I went to another window and came back before. " - before the update. vid use to freeze then when switching windows. But it never froze when coming back from details. After update it seems to now freeze when coming back from details.

If you were referring to the black screen thing instead, yes, after update. Edit: so far it has only done so the first time after update. I closed it and restarted about 8 times and it didn't do it anymore. maybe it was just a one time thing this time. we'll see.

Edited by shinra358

33 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

" Only happened for me when I went to another window and came back before. " - before the update. vid use to freeze then when switching windows. But it never froze when coming back from details. After update it seems to now freeze when coming back from details.

If you were referring to the black screen thing instead, yes, after update. Edit: so far it has only done so the first time after update. I closed it and restarted about 8 times and it didn't do it anymore. maybe it was just a one time thing this time. we'll see.

Sure. The black screen thing is definitely CPU-load related. I may just need to put in a slightly greater delay. Per the details, I'm not sure what the discrepancy would be there. Previously it was always stopped for me when returning from details, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't have been for you, but who knows. I'll come back to that at some point.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

And the official release is out. :)

I still get an occasional freeze up with the platform categories and larger collections.  Once I update to the official release I  will turn off Beta's for a while and force populate Games and Cover flow and report back.  In your spare time look at other themes and see if you see any inconsistencies in performance.  

1 minute ago, NJDave71 said:

I still get an occasional freeze up with the platform categories and larger collections.  Once I update to the official release I  will turn off Beta's for a while and force populate Games and Cover flow and report back.  In your spare time look at other themes and see if you see any inconsistencies in performance.  

Hmm, okay. I'm still testing on my various machines over here. I'll see if I can replicate anything there, though I've been using the platform categories in my current testing and haven't found anything yet. I did fix a very rare but possible crash bug before this official release that had to do with prioritize music over video audio; do you have that enabled?

1 minute ago, teeedubb said:

@Jason Carr any chance of adding the ability to update system metadata in the next release so that we can make use of off the data that has recently been added? ?

You can do that now but I think you mean auto updating the metadata. I am not to sure if the star ratings auto update or you need to import new meta every so often.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Do you mean platforms metadata? I *think* it will already do this if you just Download Metadata and Media for that platform.

Yeah, platform metadata. I updated all my systems last week and it didn't update it. I'll try updating a single platform and see how it goes.

6 hours ago, NJDave71 said:

yes, I have had the enabled.  Tonight I will grab the official release and see what happens.    As of Lately, I haven't been gaming as much, I have just been browsing my collection or letting BB run in attract mode. 

Downloaded Official Release and so far no Locking up or freezes.   I also updated The Aeon Nox theme to show off the Theme video and active Game video as Full background video with sound.

• Like 1