LaunchBox Community Forums

7.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

16 minutes ago, PhillsDoodles said:

@Jason Carr, these lines will work only on the beta version, or can i add them to the ThemeSettings.xml ? Thanks a lot ! i'm really loving LaunchBox!

You can indeed add them, but they will be ignored by 7.14. However, I'm expecting to put out 7.15 either tomorrow or Wednesday so it won't be long. :):):)

Thanks, btw. Loving the theme. If you're up for it I would love to see if we can get some transitions in there for the various elements. I can help with that here soon. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillsDoodles said:

Sure thing, i just started to learn about how to make themes for LB and don't know all the things that can be done.

Still, I'm super impressed how quickly you picked it up. The theme is definitely worth some tinkering. :)

53 minutes ago, cleverest said:

I'd love to design intro videos for custom playlists for Launchbox....what's a good place to start learning the easiest method? I'll acquire whatever software makes it easiest/fastest.

Sweet up. @JamesBaker probably knows how to help you get started. I know Adobe Premiere is a fairly important part of it, but it is expensive.

• Like 2

Jason, this is a bit out there...but...I've imported over 2,000 comics into Launchbox, and even found an intro video for it, I've manually extracted covers using ComicRack and a plugin that lets you save the first page as an image, etc...it looks amazing, but Launchbox still of course labels everything (PLAY GAME), etc...well, because it's for games, LOL...I know it's a minor thing but is it possible for me to edit that platform only and change the wording to read or view comic, etc..?

3 hours ago, cleverest said:

Jason, this is a bit out there...but...I've imported over 2,000 comics into Launchbox, and even found an intro video for it, I've manually extracted covers using ComicRack and a plugin that lets you save the first page as an image, etc...it looks amazing, but Launchbox still of course labels everything (PLAY GAME), etc...well, because it's for games, LOL...I know it's a minor thing but is it possible for me to edit that platform only and change the wording to read or view comic, etc..?

Unfortunately there's not really any good way to do that right now. I can understand it being bothersome though. Since games are of course still the priority, I can't see us focusing on stuff like that any time soon, but it is noted. I'll see if anyone else requests anything similar. You could also create a Bitbucket ticket to see if it gains any traction. :)

Beta 15 is out now guys. Unless we run into any glaring issues, this will be the last beta before we release the official version tomorrow. :)

I spent some serious time this morning attempting to resolve the remaining issues with prioritizing music over video audio, specifically pertaining to the game details view and going back and forth. There's a million things to catch, but I believe (I hope) I've caught them all. Let me know if anyone sees any further issues there. We'll probably run with this code for the official release regardless, unless I introduced some bugs or something serious. Any testing you guys can do would be appreciated; we're trying to avoid duplicate audio (video and music) and incorrect audio (video vs. music).

Furthermore, I believe I've finally fixed the rotten black startup video issue. I was finally able to reproduce it consistently by pegging my CPU to 100% via other apps (lol). And then, figuring out the fix was relatively easy once I was able to reproduce it consistently. So let's hope that issue is solved once and for all. Hooray!

Thanks all, here's to a smooth last beta and release.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 15 is out now guys. Unless we run into any glaring issues, this will be the last beta before we release the official version tomorrow. :)

I spent some serious time this morning attempting to resolve the remaining issues with prioritizing music over video audio, specifically pertaining to the game details view and going back and forth. There's a million things to catch, but I believe (I hope) I've caught them all. Let me know if anyone sees any further issues there. We'll probably run with this code for the official release regardless, unless I introduced some bugs or something serious. Any testing you guys can do would be appreciated; we're trying to avoid duplicate audio (video and music) and incorrect audio (video vs. music).

Furthermore, I believe I've finally fixed the rotten black startup video issue. I was finally able to reproduce it consistently by pegging my CPU to 100% via other apps (lol). And then, figuring out the fix was relatively easy once I was able to reproduce it consistently. So let's hope that issue is solved once and for all. Hooray!

Thanks all, here's to a smooth last beta and release.

I haven't tried Beta 15, but as of Beta 14 prioritizing music over video audio was working on the platform/playlist game views but not on the game details view.

1 hour ago, NJDave71 said:

Looks like I need to beat up Beta 15.   So far after removing the random Background video plugin i didn't experience the locking up.   By the way are their any Retro achievements for BigBox?

Yup, retro achievements are in Big Box. Look in Keyboard Mappings/Controller Buttons.

1 hour ago, alnyden said:

I haven't tried Beta 15, but as of Beta 14 prioritizing music over video audio was working on the platform/playlist game views but not on the game details view.

This was fixed in beta 15, per the above.

I just put out beta 16 to fix another issue with music not playing. I introduced that bug in beta 15 while fixing another problem late in the game. Hopefully this'll be the release candidate... ;)

• Like 1