LaunchBox Community Forums

7.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

4 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I've noticed that my rocketlauncher has a really hard time bringing up the pause menu over bigbox.  Like sometimes it won't show but I can hear the menu sounds.   Big box must just Be so powerful that even RL can't get on top ? Lol.  

If that happens, in my experience it means the emulator/module is not setup correctly or is not compatible.  The pause menu does not work with every emulator or even every version of an emulator.  It can be frustrating for sure.

12 hours ago, drphobus said:

Also dont forget theres always RocketLauncher with it's pause mode

this option will involve some setting up but plenty of youtube videos to help

colpipes1978 video's are great for this

As tempting as the extra functionality that RL provides sounds, I just don't got the time to disappear down another rabbit hole. That's what will happen lol. I have just taken 'delivery' of a new complete ScummVM instance thanks to eXoDOS which I'm extracting from zips right now. (I'm so glad for EpicFail's ScummVM Import Tool). Once that is all imported to LB, I'll see what the damage is regarding missing Media etc because I WILL have to get it all (Google Images, cropping video's from YouTube). This will probably take me up to Christmas.

TLDR;

RocketLauncher sounds really tempting, but I haven't got the time for a rabbit hole as big as that one lol.

Guys I'm having an issue with getting achievements to appear for Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) for NEC PC Engine-CD (the platform name I use). If I edit the game's info and change the platform to NEC TurboGrafx 16, the achievements appear for the game, but I'd rather not combine all of my games like that - I prefer to split them up by region, and by whether or not it's a Disc or Hu card. I use these four platform names - NEC TurboGrafx-16, NEC TurboGrafx-CD, NEC PC Engine, NEC PC Engine-CD, and it seems NEC TurboGrafx is the only one that will load up achievements.

Is there a way I can change a setting, or tweak something to make this game's achievements show up, without changing it's platform to NEC TurboGrafx-16?

@Jason Carr

I have a suspicion the average rating for games is wrong, they all seem to be much lower than one would expect.

As a test, I looked at System Shock enhanced edition which had a 0 star rating from 7 users and then rated it, the average score is now 0.5. I am guessing those 7 people have not rated the game and their score has been logged as zero.

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/71845

2 hours ago, Hexxxer said:

@Jason Carr

I have a suspicion the average rating for games is wrong, they all seem to be much lower than one would expect.

As a test, I looked at System Shock enhanced edition which had a 0 star rating from 7 users and then rated it, the average score is now 0.5. I am guessing those 7 people have not rated the game and their score has been logged as zero.

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/71845

Wow, you're right, good find. What happened is that I didn't realize that when people un-rated games, the 0 value was still being reported back up and then it was being used in the calculation. The good news is that I can just fix this on the server and it should fix it in people's collections once they download updated metadata.

It's not an overly common issue because it only happened when people un-rated games, but it's enough to matter lol. It's fixed on the server, but since LaunchBox will only download updated metadata once a day, you may have to wait until tomorrow to run the Download Metadata and Media wizard (unless you haven't downloaded any metadata yet today).

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 4:15 PM, Typhon said:

Guys I'm having an issue with getting achievements to appear for Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) for NEC PC Engine-CD (the platform name I use). If I edit the game's info and change the platform to NEC TurboGrafx 16, the achievements appear for the game, but I'd rather not combine all of my games like that - I prefer to split them up by region, and by whether or not it's a Disc or Hu card. I use these four platform names - NEC TurboGrafx-16, NEC TurboGrafx-CD, NEC PC Engine, NEC PC Engine-CD, and it seems NEC TurboGrafx is the only one that will load up achievements.

Is there a way I can change a setting, or tweak something to make this game's achievements show up, without changing it's platform to NEC TurboGrafx-16?

I think you can get past this by setting the "Scrape As" dropdown value for the platform under Tools > Manage Platforms.

• Like 1

Just now, Zombeaver said:

I had a thought the other day - given that RetroAchievements were just implemented, what's the possibility of adding in Steam (and possibly GOG) achievements? Those are publicly viewable, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to hook into them.

Certainly a possibility. I haven't looked into the APIs for those, but of course that would determine the feasibility of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, you're right, good find. What happened is that I didn't realize that when people un-rated games, the 0 value was still being reported back up and then it was being used in the calculation. The good news is that I can just fix this on the server and it should fix it in people's collections once they download updated metadata.

It's not an overly common issue because it only happened when people un-rated games, but it's enough to matter lol. It's fixed on the server, but since LaunchBox will only download updated metadata once a day, you may have to wait until tomorrow to run the Download Metadata and Media wizard (unless you haven't downloaded any metadata yet today).

When I run the wizard, will I have to select to overwrite existing meta data? I've made some tweaks in some of my own personal databases that I don't want to lose.