LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Theme for my Arcade build

pezley

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

OK so the theme doesnt work for you? works ok here. :(

I was being an idiot... restarted Bigbox and all OK. 

Displays funny though, ignoring the video and marquee not fitting, it now squashes the background. Joys of CRT and low resolution

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

Got it working :D

So my problem was that my CRT in the arcade is a half vertical res montior, the actual resolution is 560x240 and when using that native resolution it causes weird things. I have now set it with a proper 4:3 resolution and it's fine. Added some videos and marquees and it's chugging away perfectly. When I have finished adding all the videos and marquees ill take some nice videos of it in use. 

@Grila is there any chance you can make it set to a weird resolution of 560x240 so I can try and get the most out of the monitor, it should still stretch out OK to a 4:3 ratio . Or atleast nudge me to where in the xaml. I can use it as is perfectly fine but I'm losing a portion of my vertical resolution. If enough people want to use this in 4:3 for arcade & 16:9 for modern screens, it might be worth locking this thread and starting a new one to show off the theme rather than looking like a thread for help which people might skip over

Here's a quick screen record though. Really happy and Grila has done awesome work. 

https://youtu.be/OncU_W1_J_g

LaunchBox_Big_Box_12_01_2018_08_26_14.mp4

Edited by pezley

17 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

@pezley, awesome idea; really digging the theme :)

Do you mind sharing the source image/render of the arcade machine you used? (Unless it was made by you; in which case, great work with it!).

Thanks!

Hey, you can find it attached in the post below. The arcade was a generic one I found on google but changed it a lot to suit the right shape marquee and screen, along with putting in extra work for the CRT scanlines etc.

6 minutes ago, pezley said:

Hey, you can find it attached in the post below. The arcade was a generic one I found on google but changed it a lot to suit the right shape marquee and screen, along with putting in extra work for the CRT scanlines etc.

Thank you.
By any chance do you have at hand the Google image you found?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

okay bizarre. noob question. or remark 

I browse through this thread and to my shock I actually see screenshots of Visual studio showing the theme that is being worked on. 

Currently I'm mucking about with a theme and I find myself constantly firing up BB to see how it looks. in fact I had to comment out a wheel.factory something or other( it was throwing an error on that line) for the preview to just show me the grid coloms/rows.
Am I doing something wrong ? 

is there a written out Tutorial on how to set stuff up ? What am I doing wrong ? 

*edit* okay nevermind on closer examination @Grila was working in photoshop.. *dunce*

Edited by Klopjero

• 1 year later...