LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't add new platform

Retrofrogg

Sorry for the high noobness level of this query, but something is odd here.

In LB, I go to add platform in the side bar. I pick an example one - give it a title, a sort title and a category, and tell it to scrape as NES. I click OK, but the platform does not appear in the platform menu!

Am I missing something?

Ah! Wouldn't it be better if it did show in the sidebar, just with no associated games? Then the user could add games to that platform as they wish. 

What I am actually trying to do, is to move the "hacked" versions of NES games out of my NES platform and into a separate platform which I would names something like NES - hacked. I would obviously want this new platform to be listed in the console category along with NES. What would be the best way to go about doing this?

23 hours ago, DOS76 said:

you can also use ctl+left click to highlight multiple games then use ctrl+e to open the bulk edit wizard and change the platform to NES Hacked or whatever you named it

I can't add a platform that has no games, and I can't change the platform of existing games to NES Hacked because I can't create it!! This is some kind of catch22!

Edited by Dan

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I can't add a platform that has no games, and I can't change the platform of existing games to NES Hacked because I can't create it!! This is some kind of catch22!

It will work.

1. In manage platforms add the platform you want and choose your scrape as. 

2. Reopen manage platforms and make sure that newly created platform does show. It should show and state you have "0" games. Key here is edit it, right click and copy the name of the platform. 

3. Choose a game and right click edit. In the platform cell if you click the dropdown box you will notice the new platform does not show. No issue, just paste the name of the new platform in that cell and override the existing name (this is why I said copy the name in the prior step). Be sure to save and close. 

4. You should now see that new platform in your list on the left. Now go ahead and bulk edit the rest of the games and the new platform should show. 

You may have to click into a different game or platform after you do step 3 to get it to show up, but it will. 

Edited by Retro808
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/19/2017 at 2:07 PM, Lordmonkus said:

You can even create a new Platform simply by editing a single game and changing it's platform. You don't have to choose from the drop down menu, you can type in any name you want, just make sure you have that new platform in the associated platforms list for the emulator you want to use with it.

2017-12-19 17_05_54-Edit Game.png

Thanks for this - this was driving me nuts!