LaunchBox Community Forums

Aeon MQ7 [Preview Version]

CriticalCid

I tried changing the back for the wallview, and I copied and pasted, edited, changed the path the the background image, and I got nothing but errors. If anyone can help me with this, I would be forever in you debt! This is really frustrating. Thanks.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@CriticalCid

I absolutely love this theme. Been using it for a long time. However, after I downloaded the Launchbox 11.2 update yesterday, I noticed that the videos (particularly one in the game list view) won't close and continue running.

More specifically (just an example, can happen with any game/system), I open bigbox, navigate to N64, navigate to Smash Bros., open the game details, back out, back out again to the Platform list and the Smash Bros. video is still playing, indefinitely. 

I tested 2 or 3 other themes including the Default theme and your own BlueBox and I can't replicate the issue. It *seems* to only happen with Aeon MQ7.

Like I said, I've been using the theme for a while and this just started happening yesterday after the update.

I also tried switching from VLC to WMP in the launchbox legacy video options but to no effect.

8 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

@CriticalCid

I absolutely love this theme. Been using it for a long time. However, after I downloaded the Launchbox 11.2 update yesterday, I noticed that the videos (particularly one in the game list view) won't close and continue running.

More specifically (just an example, can happen with any game/system), I open bigbox, navigate to N64, navigate to Smash Bros., open the game details, back out, back out again to the Platform list and the Smash Bros. video is still playing, indefinitely. 

I tested 2 or 3 other themes including the Default theme and your own BlueBox and I can't replicate the issue. It *seems* to only happen with Aeon MQ7.

Like I said, I've been using the theme for a while and this just started happening yesterday after the update.

I also tried switching from VLC to WMP in the launchbox legacy video options but to no effect.

What version were you running before upgrading to 11.2?

On 7/11/2020 at 9:09 PM, Jason Carr said:

What version were you running before upgrading to 11.2?

I update pretty much as soon as its available (stable, no beta) give or take a day or two, so the last update. When I said "it just started happening yesterday after the update" I should have been more clear. I just started NOTICING it that evening after updating because I finally had time to start tinkering with the new features (Tinkering meaning setting up controller buttons for screenshots and testing that out, that's all). It is possible it was happening before the 11.2 update and I just didn't notice. For a couple of weeks I've been playing nothing but Chrono Cross so I wasn't really scrolling around BigBox all that much. It's definitely a somewhat recent development though.

I've seen this behavior before but I think last time switching to VLC fixed it, and I've never seen it only happening on one theme like this.

Edit: Sorry I know that's not a great timeframe to work with for troubleshooting.   

Edited by fromlostdays

I totally love this theme, but as always there are minor changes that every person would like to make it suit better to individual needs :)

But instead of bugging for different stuff I was wondering if it would be possible to get the theme tso I could import  it into  the community theme creator and be able to do it myself?

I will of course give you all the credit you deserve if I decide to publish the changes I end up making!

/Rod

22 minutes ago, rodclemen said:

I totally love this theme, but as always there are minor changes that every person would like to make it suit better to individual needs :)

But instead of bugging for different stuff I was wondering if it would be possible to get the theme tso I could import  it into  the community theme creator and be able to do it myself?

I will of course give you all the credit you deserve if I decide to publish the changes I end up making!

/Rod

Themes not originally created with the theme creator can not be imported to it. You already have all the files by downloading the theme.

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Themes not originally created with the theme creator can not be imported to it. You already have all the files by downloading the theme.

Oh I was under the impression that CriticalCid did the theme in the community theme creator.

2 minutes ago, rodclemen said:

Oh I was under the impression that CriticalCid did the theme in the community theme creator.

Cid makes his themes directly in Notepad++. This theme was released in 2017, years before the community theme creator was released.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with music starting automatically when changing from viewing the list of games into the game detail pane. It seems that it's only playing video audio, even if there's no video supplied. checking "Prioritize Soundtrack over Video Audio" switches it so the game music in Games List, but not in Game Details. Applies to all the Games list views except ""Text List with Details".

Also a side note: Checking "Prioritize soundtrack music over video audio stops the video audio from playing, but that also means that its not still playing when you leave that game selection. I just saw someone mentioning it up in the thread. I saw too that if you fullscreen a video/image and then back out the video freezes. I don't know if that's specific the video format but I'll play with it an see.

God I don't mean to sound like I'm nitpicking, its just I figured i'd put it down somewhere in case someone's having these issues and cant figure out why. Also I'm hoping someone better than me can maybe fix it.   

btw just wondering, is this still being updated? its an awesome theme but I thought i saw somewhere on here that it hasn't been updated since 2017?

Edited by Zero Gauge

3 hours ago, Zero Gauge said:

Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with music starting automatically when changing from viewing the list of games into the game detail pane. It seems that it's only playing video audio, even if there's no video supplied. checking "Prioritize Soundtrack over Video Audio" switches it so the game music in Games List, but not in Game Details. Applies to all the Games list views except ""Text List with Details".

As far as I know it’s the default behavior of Big Box to play the game music in case there’s no video. I personally don’t use background music inside Big Box so I can only tell you to play around with the various “Auto-Play” and “Enable Background Music” options in the “Sound” section in order to get Big Box behave like you want.

Can you replicate this behavior with other themes as well?

I just saw someone mentioning it up in the thread. I saw too that if you fullscreen a video/image and then back out the video freezes. I don't know if that's specific the video format but I'll play with it an see.

God I don't mean to sound like I'm nitpicking, its just I figured i'd put it down somewhere in case someone's having these issues and cant figure out why. Also I'm hoping someone better than me can maybe fix it.  

I think that’s something @Jason Carr has to look into as I don’t really do anything special with video playback inside this theme.

btw just wondering, is this still being updated? its an awesome theme but I thought i saw somewhere on here that it hasn't been updated since 2017?

The theme was released at the end of 2017, the last update was in February 2019.

I haven’t done any theme creating in quite a while because I’m working on other projects for my LaunchBox setup that I want to finish up first (and they still need a lot of work and time...).

I still plan to come back to this theme sometimes in the future and completely re-do it with the Community Theme Creator. But as I said don’t expect it anytime soon.

in the meantime, if anyone else here wants to pick up the torch and continue it, by all means, be my guest.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 11:03 PM, Zero Gauge said:

I saw too that if you fullscreen a video/image and then back out the video freezes. I don't know if that's specific the video format but I'll play with it an see.

That is common functionality across all themes. I guess we just never put in code to automatically resume the video in that case. I'll put it on the list.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:46 AM, CriticalCid said:

As far as I know it’s the default behavior of Big Box to play the game music in case there’s no video. I personally don’t use background music inside Big Box so I can only tell you to play around with the various “Auto-Play” and “Enable Background Music” options in the “Sound” section in order to get Big Box behave like you want.

Can you replicate this behavior with other themes as well?

I've been playing with other themes and it seems like this seems like a consistent issue. Only when "Games List View" is set to "Text List with Details" will it play play game music. Also I found if your playing "background Music" in the game selection, then move to the "game details"where i have it set to play music from that specific game, it will work, but then when you back out to the "Game selection" screen the music is stuck playing until you cycle away from the game altogether. I think BB is just getting confused.  

On a side note, if anyone ever needs me to test something, I have a special ability in finding problems, unfortunately this isn't as helpful when it comes to my real life where I'm trying not to have so many problems lol

• 2 months later...

Love the Aeon MQ7 Theme!  I have a few systems (Platforms?) on the wheel that are just white text the others have the clear logos, how and where would I add the images I want to show up there on the main wheel?  I'm using the Platform Wheel 1 Filters view.   Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, pulling my hair out trying to figure it out (I'm coming from Hyperspin and moving to BigBox).

Edited by markyoungsmagic

That depends if you want to use a specific logo set for this theme only or if you want to set them up for all of your themes in general.

If you want to set them up generally you have to put the logos under: "\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\NAME_OF_YOUR_PLATFORM\Clear Logo".

In case you want to use a specific set for Aeon MQ7 put the .png files in here: "\LaunchBox\Themes\Aeon MQ7\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo". With this method you can put all your logos in to just this single folder BUT each file has to be named exactly like you have named the platform inside your LaunchBox setup.

Once you have added / replaced the logos you have to refresh the image cache for the platform wheels inside your Big Box options:

grafik.thumb.png.bd9806fd0ae792bce58f93b95c5b4d97.png

You can get logo sets from the forums download section. If you want to keep using the default ones you should search for the White Trim set to find the ones you're missing. In case you want to know what set I've used in the preview images, that's the Crylen set, also available in the download section.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/14-platform-clear-logos/