LaunchBox Community Forums

How lame is this? When Retroachievements goes down it takes LB with it

kerszr

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 7.16
Type:    Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException
Site:    Boolean ParseValue()
Source:  Newtonsoft.Json

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at (String , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.GetConsoles(String username, String apiKey)
   at (String , String , String , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.GetGameInfoWithProgress(String username, String apiKey, String gameName, String platformName)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass80_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Drawing.GameDetailsGui.<>c__DisplayClass80_0.<RefreshImage>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

7:05:13 AM Music.Pause Start
   7:05:13 AM Music.Prepare Start
   7:05:13 AM Music.Kill Start
   7:05:13 AM Music.Kill Finished
   7:05:13 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   7:05:13 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Start
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailRating
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailFileName
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailCustomFields
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailLastPlayed
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailNotes
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailDates
   7:06:22 AM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails End
   7:06:23 AM Music.Pause Start
   7:06:23 AM Music.Pause Start
   7:06:23 AM Music.Prepare Start
   7:06:23 AM Music.Kill Start
   7:06:23 AM Music.Kill Finished
   7:06:23 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   7:06:23 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   7:06:23 AM Exception

image.thumb.png.cce833f4793ef7267ad3fff554a6dc02.pngSo You know the detail screen that pops up on the right side showing retro achievements whenever you select a game on desktop mode of launch box? I keep getting an error every time I open. The problem seems to stem from retro achievements and their site shuting down for maitenence or whatever. I think LB should be autonomous from others if others take a fall. I ran both the Beta version (latest) and the most stable version. But i managed to get it working in the meantime by disconnecting the internet.

6 hours ago, DOS76 said:

yeah this has been brought to our attention just today and I'm sure that Jason will be working on something to fix it reasonably soon so sorry you feel something that was overlooked as "lame".

Bugs are lame. People who works so hard to fix and update launchbox into my favorite program are not lame at all!!! In fact they are super cool. You are cool sir. Im sorry if this was already reported. I just wanted to do my part in improving LB. Here's to you Mods and Jason. Keep up the good work!!!

Yeah, bugs are lame, but that doesn't mean the developers are. Not sure why DOS76 had to be a bit passive aggressive on that response.

I'm glad this has been brought to attention. I was testing while changing my VPN server and noticed this as well. I thought it was because the json data downloaded was corrupted due to the abrupt interruption.

I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive. I just feel the title of the thread was a little on the aggressive side and the problem didn't warrant its tone. It was an unforeseen circumstance that Jason neglected to plan for. If I was wrong then I'll cough it up to a misunderstanding.