LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

2 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

So I have finished the default theme code changes...but,it can't be officially released until the artwork is finished. I would love it if a couple people were willing to test the theme out,and give me their thoughts on it,or let me know if anything is buggy.....first couple people to chime in,I will send the files.

Ill check it out. :) 

• Like 1

Those are each truly stunning pieces of work sir. Awesome!

I have one minor criticism if you're considering feedback. All of the mascots for each system look great. They're high-quality and make sense.

For GameBoy Advance however, that pic of Mario and Luigi looks oddly out of place. It looks like a much more amateurish illustration than the others. Hard to explain, but it just doesn't fit your other artwork.

Is it too late to choose another mascot pic for GBA? Since Mario and Luigi gets used to death, how about something else iconic for that system? For example, perhaps Pokemon/Pikachu, Samus from Metroid, or the hero from Golden Sun?

2 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Is it too late to choose another mascot pic for GBA? Since Mario and Luigi gets used to death, how about something else iconic for that system? For example, perhaps Pokemon/Pikachu, Samus from Metroid, or the hero from Golden Sun?

Isaac is now the default...the mario/luigi one is still in the folder as an alt

1820456813_Refried-NintendoGameBoyAdvance2.thumb.png.c9dedac76ac3cce90622c8020af57566.png

1 hour ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Those handhels look amazing ? Virtual Boy is the best :)

Thanks..I have to agree...I really like how it came out,but,the DS one was by far the most work to make

• Like 2

Wow, great work @RetroHumanoid , meanwhile i´m waiting your release, I like wheel style, do you know how can i change the size of the wheel in Unified Redux Theme?, and change it to a vertical wheel (Like your images, and just like Hyperspin). 

4 hours ago, kyoken said:

Wow, great work @RetroHumanoid , meanwhile i´m waiting your release, I like wheel style, do you know how can i change the size of the wheel in Unified Redux Theme?, and change it to a vertical wheel (Like your images, and just like Hyperspin). 

Thanks!...

Just go into the appropriate WheelGamesView.xaml (there are 4 of them)...and change the highlighted number to what I have here in the

"<-- Wheel -->" section.

<!-- WHEEL -->
            <coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="3" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="8" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logos"
                CurveAmount="0" CameraZPosition="3.2" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="0.9" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.1" Panel.ZIndex="20" RotationAmount="12" Margin="100,0,0,0">
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>100</coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
                    <DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="10" Direction="-90" RenderingBias="Quality" ShadowDepth="1" />
                </coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
            </coverFlow:FlowControl>

• Thanks 1