LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

4 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Uploading what I hope is the final version of the theme,as well as all the addon themes,to my private server. After it is tested,I will have the official release in the download section.

So who wants to test the whole thing out? I need a couple brave souls.

Was asleep when you posted this, but id be happy to test here.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Was asleep when you posted this, but id be happy to test here.

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

In for a test. I missed out on the last chance to test. 

2 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Count me in too if you need any more people to test :)

Excellent....I will message all three of you guys with a link,as well as a few instructions,shortly. That should cover testers.

• Like 3

Ok..so testing is going well,and some issues were found,yet they have been fixed...I will give testers some more time to check out the updated files,and if I receive the OK from them,then I will release the theme,as well as the add-on themes,officially.

On another note,I will release a platform wheel set that matches the logos I am using in the theme,thanks to @RetroNi for his hard work,and permission on using his wheel set as the base. 

I also plan to make platform videos for each platform using the artwork from the theme to match,and they will resemble the unified video themes that are currently in circulation already.I do not have a time frame as to when I will make them,but,I can say that they will actually be easier to make then the actual theme was,and having the art already cut and cleaned should streamline the whole thing.

I have some patreon work to get done after I finish this theme,before I follow up with any more projects.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

I was lucky enough to be a tester for this Theme, everyone really is in for a treat, Looks great in any view, its the first time I even think a text view looks good also. Amazing work here

Is there a view where you get the box cover and cart as well as the full wheel? In the original theme the wheel would fade or you could switch to a text list. That was the main reason I never used it. 

58 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Is there a view where you get the box cover and cart as well as the full wheel? In the original theme the wheel would fade or you could switch to a text list. That was the main reason I never used it. 

The wheel does fade when box/cart art is displayed. The main theme uses 3 wheel views,and the addon themes only use 2...so there is room to add another view in. I suppose I can have a look at adding that as an option,but,the box and cart would require a drop shadow or glow to at least set it apart from the wheel,or it will overlap and look messy.