LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I just implemented the last missing feature and it's out in the beta 12 release (custom spacing options). We'll be putting out the next official release very soon, I hope.

I guess hiring that monkey with the whip paid off, you got those last features done wicked fast. lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorman3605 said:

Let's see if I can explain myself better.
A backup of all settings that can be recalled from a single command.

If you accidentally change a display setting or anything else, you can return to the general setting previously saved.

Sure, this can be done by just making a backup copy of your Data folder. I understand that you'd like the process to be easier though. I'll consider that a feature request. :)

Would it be possible to make an option for "text lines to show" to be applied to all boxes so that way some arnt longer than others ?

Or maybe some other kind of option so boxes could be all same length

For example the game "Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse" has a longer box than others, iv same issue for few pc games

Screenshot (4).png

• Like 2

I also am having issues with large fonts on the sides. I think Jason was saying he would get around to showing us how we can adjust that later on. As far as the left side goes, I have trouble at times scrolling all the way down once I started making things in Categories such as Consoles, Computers, Handhelds and Arcade. I at times can't scroll all the way down once I expand my Consoles section. Also when I go to edit games I end up having things buffer to a crash still. Sorry if I haven't said much in a while to help the process with feedback since my schedule has been busier than ever at the moment

On 7/19/2018 at 11:43 AM, JOHN30011887 said:

Would it be possible to make an option for "text lines to show" to be applied to all boxes so that way some arnt longer than others ?

Or maybe some other kind of option so boxes could be all same length

For example the game "Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse" has a longer box than others, iv same issue for few pc games

Screenshot (4).png

I might add this at a later date, but unfortunately this probably won't make it into the next official release.

11 hours ago, glaymore said:

Downloaded Beta 13 — great work, guys!

Still, could you please fix the left sidebar spacing in LB Next? It is unnecessarily huge now.

2018-07-23 (1).png

2018-07-23.png

Custom themes will be supported soon, so it'll be really easy to reduce the spacing settings once that comes out. One of the objectives with .Next is to make the application usable for touch devices, which is the reason for the added spacing.

3 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I also am having issues with large fonts on the sides. I think Jason was saying he would get around to showing us how we can adjust that later on. As far as the left side goes, I have trouble at times scrolling all the way down once I started making things in Categories such as Consoles, Computers, Handhelds and Arcade. I at times can't scroll all the way down once I expand my Consoles section. Also when I go to edit games I end up having things buffer to a crash still. Sorry if I haven't said much in a while to help the process with feedback since my schedule has been busier than ever at the moment

It sounds like there's some odd/abnormal issues going on with that install; I'm not really sure what could be causing it, but I haven't heard either of those issues come up elsewhere. If you do get the time, I can help you troubleshoot it, but it's likely to turn out to be either an MS glitch or a driver issue of some sort.

• Like 2

Using voice commands on both standard and beta branch gives me this error on Windows 8.1 64 bit:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.4-beta-15
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void PauseAll()
Source:  LaunchBox

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.VoiceLogicHandler.PauseAll()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Voice.Commands.PauseAll()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.PauseAll()
   at (SpeechHandler , Object , SpeechRecognizedEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.recognizer_SpeechRecognized(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.SpeechRecognizedProxy(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)

Recent Log:

8:52:57 AM Music.Prepare Start
   8:52:57 AM Music.Kill Start
   8:52:57 AM Music.Kill Finished
   8:52:57 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   8:52:57 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   8:53:11 AM Exception

• Like 1

Slight bugs in beta 15:

1. Clicking "Stop Prompting" works, but if you then use Next, and then use the Revert to OG button to switch back, it forgets, and prompts you on startup again.

2. Changes to the fonts settings are not remembered. They are reverted to default upon starting Next, even if you haven't launched the OG version in between.

Edit: Changes to the font settings are only reset if they are changed to the default font settings for OG version. Apparently Next is changing it to new defaults, only if you are trying to use the old defaults.

Edited by maxcb97
Specify circumstances

Wouldn't it be easy to have a right click context menu for the left game platform panel with "spacing" as an option? Or in the options where you have the game text spacing just have "menu item vertical spacing"? Or is is not so easy because this is a "theme"? I know everybody thinks their pet peeve is the most important feature, but this seems to be a top request.

Edited by FlightRisk

@wantwon @RULLUR I'll look into those errors.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:49 AM, maxcb97 said:

Slight bugs in beta 15:

1. Clicking "Stop Prompting" works, but if you then use Next, and then use the Revert to OG button to switch back, it forgets, and prompts you on startup again.

2. Changes to the fonts settings are not remembered. They are reverted to default upon starting Next, even if you haven't launched the OG version in between.

Edit: Changes to the font settings are only reset if they are changed to the default font settings for OG version. Apparently Next is changing it to new defaults, only if you are trying to use the old defaults.

Both issues above are by design, and will disappear once .Next replaces OG.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:55 AM, FlightRisk said:

Wouldn't it be easy to have a right click context menu for the left game platform panel with "spacing" as an option? Or in the options where you have the game text spacing just have "menu item vertical spacing"? Or is is not so easy because this is a "theme"? I know everybody thinks their pet peeve is the most important feature, but this seems to be a top request.

These options will be coming in some form soon, but not as a priority for the next release.

• Like 1

Is it possible to show the other images - like:- title, gameplays, screenshots in the game-details section first? Now the game-description comes first then I scroll down to see the other images. Is it not possible to show the images first then the game-details?

LB.JPG

Edited by ArcadeInsane

3 hours ago, ArcadeInsane said:

Is it possible to show the other images - like:- title, gameplays, screenshots in the game-details section first? Now the game-description comes first then I scroll down to see the other images. Is it not possible to show the images first then the game-details?

LB.JPG

Unfortunately reordering the game details is not currently possible.

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Unfortunately reordering the game details is not currently possible.

Well, thank you very much for your reply. Though, I don't know it is available in Bigbox or not, Is it possible to make the box image size customizable? That is, if there is an option to make the box images smaller, it would have been more cooler to see the Launchbox screen. Now 4-5 image boxes are shown, if it can be customized may be 6-8 image per line.

You can resize the box art using the slider at the bottom right in Launchbox/NEXT.  Not sure if this is only available in the premium version or not, but if you don't see this option then obviously it is :)  Below is a screenshot of regular launchbox, but NEXT has the same option in the same area if I recall (not at home right now so can't confirm).

image.thumb.png.5e15f7dc5ccf4c3b088046f2f3f22fbc.png

18 hours ago, CDBlue said:

You can resize the box art using the slider at the bottom right in Launchbox/NEXT.  Not sure if this is only available in the premium version or not, but if you don't see this option then obviously it is :)  Below is a screenshot of regular launchbox, but NEXT has the same option in the same area if I recall (not at home right now so can't confirm).

image.thumb.png.5e15f7dc5ccf4c3b088046f2f3f22fbc.png

Thank you so much @CDBlue.

lb-2.JPG