LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

May I ask if it will at some point be possible to alphabetize favorites in Launchbox.next while in List View?

It does list all of the favorites at the top though they are sorted in a strange order.

This only appears to happen in List View.

I hope this can be fixed as Launchbox.next runs so much better for me.

Thank you!

I would suggest the possibility of moving / copying a game from one LB to another.
Example: I have my own version of LB with my platforms, my games and a friend of mine has his own. I have a title that he does not have in his platform with a few commands my friend copies the title with its settings on his (possibly even the emulator) LB.
P.S. It is clear that a LB must be on a portable hard disk or similar.

My Launchbox takes too long to start up, or it won't start up at all. Another problem is that I want to install Launchbox on my external hard drive but this error message pops up. I do not want to install it on my computer because of the excessive files.image.png.9e088d4e3b7e3dd0fb21a0d401a8c765.png110424380_WriteAccessPermissionerror.PNG.bc23a36d87332b81ae15731e36e598b8.PNG253180225_LicenseFileerror.PNG.f0eac7869320d6f08f541b9234c75f58.PNG

9 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

It isn't normal that you don't have access to a data drive on your computer. If you are the computers administrator you should have full access to all drives.

I do have full access as an admin, but the problem is that when I start to run it, it doesn't start up. I may be the error messages above.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

The error message is based on you not having the rights to create a settings.xml which LB needs to run. Its saying you don't have permission.

I am the main user, and admin, of my computer, so I should have any right to modify anything.  All I want to do is install Launchbox on my external hard drive because it has more space than my PC drive.

Just now, DOS76 said:

yes I understand that and that is exactly how I have my install set up I'm saying the issue is that Windows is giving you problems with permissions for the program that isn't normal and shouldn't be happening.

How do I fix my problem?

10 hours ago, jabrick said:

How do I fix my problem?

What @DOS76 is saying here is this isnt a problem with Launchbox, its a issue on your specific PC with write permissions. There is nothing we can do with Launchbox to fix that, its a issue your end on your PC, for some reason you dont have write permissions to the hard drive you are trying to install to. You also say that it is a external hard drive you are trying to install to, have you used that hard drive on another PC before? Its possible that another PC has claimed ownership of the drive so you cant write to it from a different PC. Again these are Windows issues and not Launchbox ones so there is not a lot we can do to help im afraid. I would just try googling that you dont have write permissions to a USB HDD and see what you can find to help give you permissions on that particular PC.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

What @DOS76 is saying here is this isnt a problem with Launchbox, its a issue on your specific PC with write permissions. There is nothing we can do with Launchbox to fix that, its a issue your end on your PC, for some reason you dont have write permissions to the hard drive you are trying to install to. You also say that it is a external hard drive you are trying to install to, have you used that hard drive on another PC before? Its possible that another PC has claimed ownership of the drive so you cant write to it from a different PC. Again these are Windows issues and not Launchbox ones so there is not a lot we can do to help im afraid. I would just try googling that you dont have write permissions to a USB HDD and see what you can find to help give you permissions on that particular PC.

Been there before aaarrrgh, taking an internal hdd (system/windows partition) to a new pc, in my messing around trying to fix it I ended up with around 3 different permission settings/accounts as I didnt knew what I was doing, in the end I managed to fix it but I'll be damned if I can recall it. The fastest way would be formatting the drive again I guess.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

On 8/5/2018 at 12:14 PM, Lisolet said:

May I ask if it will at some point be possible to alphabetize favorites in Launchbox.next while in List View?

It does list all of the favorites at the top though they are sorted in a strange order.

This only appears to happen in List View.

I hope this can be fixed as Launchbox.next runs so much better for me.

Thank you!

Thanks for pointing this out. Added it to my list. :)

@jabrick I can confirm that the issue is not having write permissions to the LaunchBox folder without administrative access. You'll need to enable write permissions on the LaunchBox folder, and let it propagate to all subfolders and files as well. The process will be similar to this:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/take-ownership-folder-windows-10-using-file-explorer

1 hour ago, Omen said:

@Jason Carr is it possible to either set a dead zone for controller analog sticks or disable the sticks in LB.Next completely? My mouse cursor drifts as soon as I turn on my controller while in LB.Next.

Sure, I can add that here at some point. You should be able to disable controllers in .Next in the mean time (which is isolated from the Big Box option). What controller are you using?

• Like 1

I wander, the hover option, mouse hover on a game and the details info with screen shots. But I lost this option. Is it possible to see game details by hovering mouse cursor on a game?
For better view I hid the left panel, if moreover, I hid the right panel as well, I can see the game details hovering the mouse.

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Sure, I can add that here at some point. You should be able to disable controllers in .Next in the mean time (which is isolated from the Big Box option). What controller are you using?

That would be perfect, I mainly use the controller for BigBox, so disabling in LB will work great! Thanks Jason, I knew you'd have the answer. ? ? 

Edit: I forgot to add, I'm using an Xbox 360 controller.

Edited by Omen
  • Like 1