LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

13 minutes ago, cleverest said:

It only happens in LaunchBox next, not the regular LaunchBox 

That's what I tested in. Looks like another member is having same issue. I have some more changes to make later so I will report back if I had the issue show up. 

Is it just brutally slow for anyone else or just me? Scrolling is a crawl, pictures load in at a snails pace and just in general the interface is pretty much unusable. Also, "version" doesn't show up after the game titles anymore. I also don't like how much dead space there is between game rows these days.
And also, as an unrelated thing, I would really like to be able to add custom fields in list view just in general... Especially since list view is the only thing that isn't slow anymore.

Next in my experience and from the feedback of most users is quicker than LB ever was so if you are seeing slow down that is making it unusable don't know what would be causing that but isn't a typical response that we have been seeing.

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

That's what I tested in. Looks like another member is having same issue. I have some more changes to make later so I will report back if I had the issue show up. 

Thank you for working on this, please do the following:

And to an existing platform, on the left platform i have one by itself (in platform category view) called ALL COMICS

...choose a few items, edit them,  choose SERIES, type something ....save...

Then inside the same platform, choose a few different games, and do the same (but type something new for series) and make note if it adds/ changes  the previous ones,  as if they were still selected...

On 6/5/2018 at 4:58 AM, OdinsPlayground said:

Is it possible to disable those grey boxes around every game? It looks less clean compared to the original Launchbox. When selecting a game, the background could either be a bit more toned down or even automatically blurred out a bit (similar to backgrounds in the Emulation Station theme). It would also be nice if the vertical height can be adjusted / automatically adjusted based on the maximum height of images. Vertical game covers look great with little space in between, but in particular N64 (or others that are square) look like way too much space between each line. 

Capture2.PNG

+1

I spent a while getting the right boxart for my games, and don't want anything between that art and the background. An option to 'make it look like it used to' would make it easier for me to upgrade (yes, I know I shouldn't be so stubborn, this is just my personal preference).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Djungelurban said:

Is it just brutally slow for anyone else or just me? Scrolling is a crawl, pictures load in at a snails pace and just in general the interface is pretty much unusable. Also, "version" doesn't show up after the game titles anymore. I also don't like how much dead space there is between game rows these days.
And also, as an unrelated thing, I would really like to be able to add custom fields in list view just in general... Especially since list view is the only thing that isn't slow anymore.

I too have this problem. Sometimes it even stretches over my Toolbar and buffers to nearly crashing in which Windows 10 asks if I want to wait or close it. I sometimes think it's due to me having so many games loaded in it and that I also have i3 with 8GB Memory. Not sure if your specs are similar as to why you experience similar issues

On 6/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, RULLUR said:

I too have this problem. Sometimes it even stretches over my Toolbar and buffers to nearly crashing in which Windows 10 asks if I want to wait or close it. I sometimes think it's due to me having so many games loaded in it and that I also have i3 with 8GB Memory. Not sure if your specs are similar as to why you experience similar issues 

I have 4GHz i7 with 16GB RAM so I don't think it's a hardware thing... I do have many games in there though (over 20000)...

2 minutes ago, Djungelurban said:

I have 4GHz i7 with 16GB RAM so I don't think it's a hardware thing... I do have many games in there though (over 20000)...

I have 8Gb and 55,000 titles (although 8k are an unorganized total DOS mess being removed as I add and finish my smaller Exodos imports...

And LB NEXT is much faster for me. It’s not a hardware issue for sure. My  processor is a core i5 3.4ghz  I run my collection off of an external USB 3 hard drive. (8TB)

Launchbox.Next is amazing but I do have a small problem still, I live in the Netherlands but I don't wish to have most of the software in Dutch on my pc (except for Windows itself, I like that in Dutch) so when I have a problem or have to look stuff up there is so much more info online in English than in Dutch and thus streamlined in one language is very helpful.

In Launchbox most of the text is in English (not all texts though) even though I've set the language to English but the menus and settings are in English which is great, Launchbox.Next shows the menus in Dutch (while the language setting is set to English) which was not the case in Launchbox, I guess it is because of the windows language settings? Surely hope I don't have to switch Windows to English though, any help/tips on this matter is very welcome :) 

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

I don't know if Jason is aware of this as you are the 1st person to mention it. Hopefully he might be able to add some insight on it. @Jason Carr? I know he is away on vacation this week and is without WiFi for a lot of the day so maybe don't expect a reply right away.

Thanks bro, no worries it's not of high priority at all, he should relax and rest with his family after all the hard work lately. Maybe it isn't Launchbox.next itself even but something in Windows 10? Who knows, I'll be happy to provide more info when he's fully rested :)

Hi there, In an ancient version of LB there was an export Game option which I had hoped would be coming back. This allowed me to select multiple key games to export to my smaller HTPC or field laptop with all the necessary media. Is there a way to bring this back in LB.Next as I want to get rid of all the games that don't work or don't play easily ticking a image / Cart which then might remove the linked zip file/game. It really would help me clean out the trash.  I am sure others have the same issue and hope it returns. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, JohnFo said:

Hi there, In an ancient version of LB there was an export Game option which I had hoped would be coming back. This allowed me to select multiple key games to export to my smaller HTPC or field laptop with all the necessary media. Is there a way to bring this back in LB.Next as I want to get rid of all the games that don't work or don't play easily ticking a image / Cart which then might remove the linked zip file/game. It really would help me clean out the trash.  I am sure others have the same issue and hope it returns. Thanks in advance.

All featrues in Launcbhox will be in Next. Jason is still working on getting everything coded into Next. 

Pity as it would be an easy way to strip down only the files / ROMs you wanted from the thousands of ones you either don't want or can't get working. My laptop has limited space and having an easy selection tag to transfer the specific ROM and media with emulator settings would be so helpful. I had used it a few times as I was moving to a small old computer for gaming as my financial controller "wife" didnt want me filling the home PC. Maybe we can get it voted on to make a return?

• Like 1