LaunchBox Community Forums

LBPlex

6 minutes ago, kmoney said:

@Grila I am getting a weird issue that I noticed today. When I click on Consoles on my platform category menu it blurs the rest of the platform names out a bit and kinda changes the font. Every other platform or platform category I click on the text and font is normal. I have tried changing opacity as well but did not make a difference. Here is 2 images and one shows normal and other shows blurred text. Any opinion on what might be causing this?

Blurred Text.jpg

Correct Text.jpg

That is weird, I'll have a look at it tomorrow sometime and see if I can replicate the issue. 

• Thanks 1

I got it...

I have it set to make the selected item's font semi-bold. When you select a top level item like that, it applies the font-weight to the whole list. I remember I was trying to overcome this when I was making the theme, but never figured it out.

So...that's the problem. And now, I'm back to the drawing board to see if I can solve it.

23 minutes ago, Grila said:

I got it...

I have it set to make the selected item's font semi-bold. When you select a top level item like that, it applies the font-weight to the whole list. I remember I was trying to overcome this when I was making the theme, but never figured it out.

So...that's the problem. And now, I'm back to the drawing board to see if I can solve it.

You are correct as it is only happening with the top level items. I just tried it on another top level item and it happened as well as I did not catch that earlier. I also tried using another font using bold and the problem went away also.

Hi @Grila, im still loving this theme so thanks again. :) However i have just encountered a strange little issue and it seems to be related to your theme somehow. I am currently testing a as yet unreleased plugin on my system, and i have a strange thing happen with it when using your theme, the plugin pops a white dialogue box in the center of the screen, and when it does this my platform list in the sidebar turns white and i cant see the platform names except for the highlighted platform. If i switch back to the default theme this doesnt happen, just in your plex theme. It's certainly no deal breaker and i will continue to use the theme, but thought i would point it out in case its a nice easy edit to fix it.

Here is a shot of what i am seeing, thanks again.

Screenshot_(52).png

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hi @Grila, im still loving this theme so thanks again. :) However i have just encountered a strange little issue and it seems to be related to your theme somehow. I am currently testing a as yet unreleased plugin on my system, and i have a strange thing happen with it when using your theme, the plugin pops a white dialogue box in the center of the screen, and when it does this my platform list in the sidebar turns white and i cant see the platform names except for the highlighted platform. If i switch back to the default theme this doesnt happen, just in your plex theme. It's certainly no deal breaker and i will continue to use the theme, but thought i would point it out in case its a nice easy edit to fix it.

Here is a shot of what i am seeing, thanks again.

Screenshot_(52).png

Hmm; that doesn't look like it will be easy to solve. Hey @alec100_94, are you using WPF in your plugin?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay. I'm guessing the best solution then is for Grila to make sure that no default colors are being used. That's my guess at least without looking at any code.

It looks like it's changing the background of the sidebar. In the code it's set to Black, 0.3 opacity.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean about default colors...or how/why a plugin would have any effect on that.

11 minutes ago, Grila said:

It looks like it's changing the background of the sidebar. In the code it's set to Black, 0.3 opacity.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean about default colors...or how/why a plugin would have any effect on that.

Sorry to bother you with this @Grila, i just thought that maybe it would be a quick fix, it really doesnt matter. It goes away again when i close the plugin dialogue, so its only there when im actually using the plugin,(so therefore am not needing to get at the other platforms at that time anyway) so it really isn't that big of a deal.

1 minute ago, Grila said:

Oh @neil9000 it's no bother to me :)

I'm just dumbfounded on how a plugin could have any unintentional effect on theme colors...

lol, i have absolutely no idea there, im a total dumbass when it comes to such things. :) I only originally mentioned it as it doesnt happen in the default theme, so thought there might of been a single line of code in the sidebar .xaml with a typo or something that isnt there in the default theme code.

Hi Grila,

Thank you very much for this theme, it's awesome! ?

Can you share what settings you're using in Launchbox for the boxes spacing and padding (the launchbox settings) that are shown in the preview pictures, do you have everything set close to zero?

I really like to use this theme on a crt setup with limited horizontal resolution. For some reason the left column has a minimal width, while I would like to make it smaller because of the limited horizontal resolution on the CRT.

Could you possibly point me to the value in the xaml that sets this minimal width for the left column, is it by any chance limited by the search button area? Where would I find that value?

Edited by Rod

• 3 months later...