LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

ok, I'm down to the last console , sega cd.  my rom names are not great for this system.  What i would like to do is use fatmatch to rename the roms and not the config files.  has anyone done this or know how to do this using fatmatch?  I tried using it by reversing the settings see screen shot below. after i ran it, and i chose the roms to rename, it said completed but i cannot find the folder containing the roms or any file that fatmatch has altered.

image.thumb.png.16af09b78f5d88b8cf7b22cc1d588646.png

3 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

ok, I'm down to the last console , sega cd.  my rom names are not great for this system.  What i would like to do is use fatmatch to rename the roms and not the config files.  has anyone done this or know how to do this using fatmatch?  I tried using it by reversing the settings see screen shot below. after i ran it, and i chose the roms to rename, it said completed but i cannot find the folder containing the roms or any file that fatmatch has altered.

image.thumb.png.16af09b78f5d88b8cf7b22cc1d588646.png

To rename your roms, don't reverse the settings. You should point the images directory to the rom directory like in the picture. After you press the Start button, select the results (you should select best matched), then click on rename files. The resulting files should be in a subdirectory called FM_Renamed in the selected 'images directory'. Note: I usually start with an accuracy of 90% in FatMatch options. This will catch the files that are close in renaming, but not rename files to the wrong name. I then step down the accuracy by 10% and review the results manually to see what will be renamed. This can be time consuming, but will give the best results.

5 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

yea, i did that and it worked!! now all my roms are properly named.  if any one is interested. I will share my retroarch folders.  I have the bezels working on most systems. i had to make some minor adjustments on some config files.

1. Could you please validate your findings by comparing your roms folder to your cfg folder using a comparison tool and post your resaults here? Other than entering each of your hundrads of sega cd games to see if they show bezels which is not realistic, afaik, that is the only way to know if all roms names match all cfg names.