LaunchBox Community Forums

9.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

7 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

@Jason Carr Just to nit-pick, these are "Offical Beta Releases", it would only be unofficial if 'I' edited your code and made a release. But you are the developer and are releasing it.

1493496183_ScreenShot2018-11-08at4_34_31PM.thumb.jpg.c697c0d82771f94ea2da02cb62e802ac.jpg 

1 minute ago, GreenGriffon said:

It's not unusual for a developer to label their own beta/non-RC builds as "unofficial". Sometimes that word is even used interchangeably with "experimental".

Regardless, Jason can call his own work whatever he likes ;) 

Lol. I put about as much thought into that sentence as I typically put into the outfit that I choose to wear in the morning. Didn't figure it mattered very much. ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Lol. I put about as much thought into that sentence as I typically put into the outfit that I choose to wear in the morning. Didn't figure it mattered very much. ;)

I've stared at that sentence for I don't know how many updates and for some reason today I said, huh, that doesn't seem right. Not sure why today was special.

Could this almost be why when I play MAME with my Fiancee it bounces back out to LaunchBox at random? I thought once I turned off using the controller in LaunchBox would fix the issue..but still seems to be a problem at rare occasion. It doesn't close out the game when it happens though.

9 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I had that issue with MAME for a while but only when playing on my secondary monitor it would all of a sudden lose focus and the controller would be controlling LB again it has since gone away but it was pretty annoying

I think every time we played, we used the Projector in which I HDMI from the Laptop. Anything you did to help the issue? I can't RetroArch anything through HDMI either for some odd reason so I try do everything the non-RetroArch route

When in Details View>Additional apps, Launchbox no longer works with PDF files. I just get a black screen now.  Viewing the manual works and opens up the internal pdf viewer. It's only when you add PDF files to the Additional Apps that gives a black screen. Something broke in the last update.

Edited by Styphelus
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Could this almost be why when I play MAME with my Fiancee it bounces back out to LaunchBox at random? I thought once I turned off using the controller in LaunchBox would fix the issue..but still seems to be a problem at rare occasion. It doesn't close out the game when it happens though.

No, that's definitely not related to the black dotted line issue. Unfortunately I don't think that's an issue with LaunchBox at all.

5 hours ago, Retro666 said:

v10 beta running nice and smooth. 

Can i ask if theirs any roadmap to change video/image paths within the import wizard? Can't stretch to a 4tb SSD just yet so i offload my media to another drive.

Cheers,

It should work already if you create a platform and set the paths for that platform before running the wizard. Let me know if not.

2 hours ago, Styphelus said:

When in Details View>Additional apps, Launchbox no longer works with PDF files. I just get a black screen now.  Viewing the manual works and opens up the internal pdf viewer. It's only when you add PDF files to the Additional Apps that gives a black screen. Something broke in the last update.

This has apparently been broken for a very long time and no one has reported it lol. Looks like it must have gotten messed up when we grouped the additional apps into a popup. It's been fixed for the next beta.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, RULLUR said:

Looks like the dotted lines are back. Just wasn't sure if you was working on it by next Beta or not @Jason Carr, but wanted to show you it's still a thing just in case you wanted to know or not

image.png

Yeah, I haven't looked into it yet. I don't plan to fix it before the 9.0 release, unfortunately.

Alright, so I had planned to release today, but was a bit frustrated because Big Box was so bare with the new auto-generated playlists. I made some changes/additions that really help to make it a more cohesive experience:

- Improvement: Big Box will now use the parent platform's video if no video exists for the selected playlist or category

- Improvement: Big Box will now use the parent platform's background images if no background image exists for the selected playlist or category

- Improvement: When switching between platforms, categories, and playlists in Big Box, if the same video is used, it will no longer restart

- Improvement: Many new default clear logos for genres, play modes, All Games, and Favorites have been added thanks to the community

This primarily just helps to make things work better while the new categories and playlists are selected. Also, we are working on getting more default clear logos over here:

Finally, I'm going to be releasing an updated version of the Unified Redux theme very shortly that makes it work much better with the auto-generated playlists as well:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1