Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Colpipes1978 New LB Build


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have decided to start a New Build based around the excellent LB/ BB Theme ReFried by RetroHumanoid My aim is to have all media (Clear Logo/ Wheel, 3D box, disc/cart and video/ snap at least) fo

Added Super Nintendo Entertainment System  

Added PS3 and NEC PC Engine CD

Posted Images

Looks amazing! But one thing have been bugging me when importing games into LaunchBox; some games seems to not have any 3D-boxes when I download media for those games, and that's frustrating when all other games in a platform category have 3D-boxes. And likewise, if I switch view to Boxes or clearlogos etc same thing happens there, some games are missing boxart or clear logos etc even after redownloading media.
So how do you deal with things like this, if you don't find your prefered art for a certain game, do you manually search for it online and download it that way? Such things makes the whole importing-process take even longer...

Anyway I'm gonna try the ReFried theme for BigBox! Great work btw 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RetroSpyder said:

Looks amazing! But one thing have been bugging me when importing games into LaunchBox; some games seems to not have any 3D-boxes when I download media for those games, and that's frustrating when all other games in a platform category have 3D-boxes. And likewise, if I switch view to Boxes or clearlogos etc same thing happens there, some games are missing boxart or clear logos etc even after redownloading media.
So how do you deal with things like this, if you don't find your prefered art for a certain game, do you manually search for it online and download it that way? Such things makes the whole importing-process take even longer...

Anyway I'm gonna try the ReFried theme for BigBox! Great work btw 😃

You're always going to run into a game that hasn't had artwork done, yet. You will also run into entries for which the Art does exist but hasn't been uploaded to the Launchbox database yet. It's just a fact of life. Every stitch of this hobby from the emulators to the logos is community driven. But to answer your question, yes, you could google the missing art, or create your own, and further contribute to the community by uploading it to the LB database so the next person can download it on import. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey I just downloaded your huge 779 GB CP78 LP edition. I followed your instructions. I turned off defender on my PC, changed the drive letter to H and download Yuzu  and installed Direct X9 and still can’t play games from astonishwave Naomi and lots of other games. I am running a GeForce Gt 1030 video in a dell Optiplex 3020. Desk top. I tried to watch your videos on YouTube, but they’re privet. Can you help me out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, arthur071169 said:

is there a way to amend or add a command line switch per game for an msx title  to tell it to use msx2 emulation instead,  but still appear as an msx title?  For comparison between old and new colour palettes in games like nemesis. 

You wont get any support for his builds here on the forums, but yes you can edit individual games to use a different emulator.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue msx core within retroarch works just fine   but I would like to add a custom command line option n launchbox that can be enabled/ disabled per game to switch between msx revision... if possible.  I tried but many errors or defaults to msx1 results later I thought I would ask here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, Sibaeno said:

Hey I just downloaded your huge 779 GB CP78 LP edition. I followed your instructions. I turned off defender on my PC, changed the drive letter to H and download Yuzu  and installed Direct X9 and still can’t play games from astonishwave Naomi and lots of other games. I am running a GeForce Gt 1030 video in a dell Optiplex 3020. Desk top. I tried to watch your videos on YouTube, but they’re privet. Can you help me out? 

I'm also having this problem too. I want to be able to play the taito type x games. But doesn't seem to work "out of the box". One game worked which was haunted museum.

 

I've even tried opening each game from the root srouce. But no go. Have you gotten it to work @Sibaeno

I'm working on a ryzen 7 3700x with a Rtx 2080.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, meecob said:

This is where I was when I posted the message

Now....Tell me they are not private

Screenshot 2020-11-20 190819.png

Ok but not all videos are. I visited with a profile that i am not using regularly and isn't subscribed to his channel. And i could watch the most recent videos no problem. And considering you are asking for help maybe drop the passiv aggression. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He set a load of videos to private a long time ago. As stated though anything within probably the last year or so is viewable just fine. Not really sure why you are complaining on our forums about it, it's nothing to do with us and this thread probably shouldnt even be here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

He set a load of videos to private a long time ago. As stated though anything within probably the last year or so is viewable just fine. Not really sure why you are complaining on our forums about it, it's nothing to do with us and this thread probably shouldnt even be here.

These forums are a defacto customer support from my perspective. To accuse this person of "complaining" really seems like a sign of personal weakness. Rather than say that to ANYONE, why not try to add a dash of humility and apologize and mention this is beyond the scope of these forums and point this person in the right direction. I am not a fan, at all, of your moderators and it's people like you who begin the downfall of an organization like yours here. You really should have some introspection here and try to see things from other peoples side. You represent, by default, LaunchBox. If I was your boss I would either retrain you in the ways of customer service or fire you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sentry said:

If I was your boss I would either retrain you in the ways of customer service or fire you.

You realise that moderators here do not work for the company right? we are not employees and do not get paid a penny for what we do here. So all this "Customer service" is provided by volunteers for free out of our own personal time and lives. We all have family's and jobs ourselves but also like to help out here when we can, just because we like doing so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...