LaunchBox Community Forums
Colpipes78

Colpipes1978 New LB Build

Looks amazing! But one thing have been bugging me when importing games into LaunchBox; some games seems to not have any 3D-boxes when I download media for those games, and that's frustrating when all other games in a platform category have 3D-boxes. And likewise, if I switch view to Boxes or clearlogos etc same thing happens there, some games are missing boxart or clear logos etc even after redownloading media.
So how do you deal with things like this, if you don't find your prefered art for a certain game, do you manually search for it online and download it that way? Such things makes the whole importing-process take even longer...

Anyway I'm gonna try the ReFried theme for BigBox! Great work btw 😃

2 hours ago, RetroSpyder said:

Looks amazing! But one thing have been bugging me when importing games into LaunchBox; some games seems to not have any 3D-boxes when I download media for those games, and that's frustrating when all other games in a platform category have 3D-boxes. And likewise, if I switch view to Boxes or clearlogos etc same thing happens there, some games are missing boxart or clear logos etc even after redownloading media.
So how do you deal with things like this, if you don't find your prefered art for a certain game, do you manually search for it online and download it that way? Such things makes the whole importing-process take even longer...

Anyway I'm gonna try the ReFried theme for BigBox! Great work btw 😃

You're always going to run into a game that hasn't had artwork done, yet. You will also run into entries for which the Art does exist but hasn't been uploaded to the Launchbox database yet. It's just a fact of life. Every stitch of this hobby from the emulators to the logos is community driven. But to answer your question, yes, you could google the missing art, or create your own, and further contribute to the community by uploading it to the LB database so the next person can download it on import. :) 

• Like 1

Any news from 'Pipes about a release? It's been about 4 months, so I imagine he made a lot of progress.

• Like 1

There's no need to pointlessly "bump" a thread, it's widely considered spam.

If you want an update either ask or join his discord which is linked in his videos.

• Thanks 1