LaunchBox Community Forums

9.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

There's something going on with the database server, I know @Jason Carr looked at it recently but at the time he didn't see anything wrong (and to be fair it did seem to go ok again for a while) but there's definitely something wrong, people are having problems refreshing in launchbox, moderating, scraping etc.

Hey all, I'm looking into the games database issue. Sadly it looks like the issue may somehow be with the Internet, either with my server provider's host, or with another stop along the way. It doesn't look to be a server issue, so it doesn't look like it's going to be easy to fix. We'll get it fixed though.

28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, I'm looking into the games database issue. Sadly it looks like the issue may somehow be with the Internet, either with my server provider's host, or with another stop along the way. It doesn't look to be a server issue, so it doesn't look like it's going to be easy to fix. We'll get it fixed though.

After further research, I was wrong. There appears to be a hardware issue on the server with one of the two hard drives. I'm getting it replaced. I'll update with a schedule as soon as I hear back.

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

After further research, I was wrong. There appears to be a hardware issue on the server with one of the two hard drives. I'm getting it replaced. I'll update with a schedule as soon as I hear back.

The disks in the server are hot-swappable, so in theory we should be able to get the disk replaced very quickly. My host is already working on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

The website is back up, and the problem has been fixed, but I'm now restoring the ~800,000 image files from backups. That could unfortunately take a few hours. Right now, everything should be working, but many of the images will return 404 (Not Found) errors.

• Thanks 3

Not sure what's going on, but seems now when I launch Nestopia I lose my my mouse cursor when I exit to where I have to restart my PC. Anyone else experiencing this and have a way to fix the issue until @Jason Carr fixes it? I don't have hide cursor turned on, but thought that's what it was

If that's the only emulator that's causing that issue you might want to try another one for your NES games.  IMO, Mesen (https://www.mesen.ca/) or puNES (http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?t=6928) are better, more accurate emulators for NES/Famicom.  FYI, Mesen also has a retroarch core if you were talking about the Nestopia core and not the stand-alone emulator.  puNES doesn't have a retroarch core yet that I know of.  I know this doesn't help you with the emulator you're having issues with, but just wanted to make sure you were aware they are other, more accurate, emulators out there for NES now other than Nestopia (also I'm hoping you mean the Undead Edition and not the old nestopia emulator that's very outdated).

On 1/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, alnyden said:

Anyone have any luck getting the startup screens to stay up longer on FS-UAE?  Played with the settings which don't seem to change anything, which I guess means it's an exclusive full screen issue.

I honestly haven't played with FS-UAE. Does FS-UAE use exclusive fullscreen mode?

21 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Not sure what's going on, but seems now when I launch Nestopia I lose my my mouse cursor when I exit to where I have to restart my PC. Anyone else experiencing this and have a way to fix the issue until @Jason Carr fixes it? I don't have hide cursor turned on, but thought that's what it was

Check that Nestopia is actually closing. When I press Escape in Nestopia, it pauses the game but does not close it (which I'm sure can be fixed with different settings or something). Alt+F4 does work for me. It also could be the video settings in Nestopia if it's not using exclusive fullscreen mode or something of that nature.

• Thanks 1