LaunchBox Community Forums

9.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you give me a screenshot of what you mean? The background image will blow up to fill the screen while keeping the aspect ratio, so it might be by design. It tends to look bad when you stretch a 16:9 to 4:3.

Actually, I half figured it out.  It looks it's using the ClearLogo (stretched way out, half of it is off the screen). 

What file(s) does the startup/shutdown function look for as backgrounds?  For whatever reason, it's falling back to using clearlogos for me.

1 hour ago, oakleez said:

Actually, I half figured it out.  It looks it's using the ClearLogo (stretched way out, half of it is off the screen). 

What file(s) does the startup/shutdown function look for as backgrounds?  For whatever reason, it's falling back to using clearlogos for me.

If you are using a theme that uses game backgrounds it looks for the background image. If none is present then it will depend on what your image priority is you set for backgrounds in Launchbox.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks @Jason Carr and everyone else for all the feedback on everything. That's crazy stuff is going on over within EmuMovies like that though. Just hope they get it all worked out soon enough. Looks like for now it's back to Googling around for pieces of Artwork while also making some. I feel more the need than ever to make a completed Startup for pretty much everything now, starting with Arcade stuff first. Luckily I found a site dedicated to Arcade Marques though, and I may try work on making more Clear Logos for things too.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Another problem - screenshots sometimes don't show in the game details pane (though when you go to edit the game, they are there).

Menu Tools->Options->Legacy->General->Game Details->Show Screenshots check marked? And the screenshot files are actually in the screenshots folders?

25 minutes ago, ckp said:

Menu Tools->Options->Legacy->General->Game Details->Show Screenshots check marked? And the screenshot files are actually in the screenshots folders?

It is check marked. I haven’t checked the folders, but they correctly identified as screenshots when you edit the game details. 

On 12/28/2018 at 9:01 PM, RULLUR said:

Not sure what's going on but seems my EmuMovies login is messed up, and so at times finding Clear Logos for everything is getting harder to do. I was wondering if on the MAME aspect we can maybe have Clear Logo option that allows use to make Arcade Marques and whatever else made as a 2nd priority just in case a Clear Logo isn't set for a game? I know at this point for now the best solution is to just to manually set a Arcade Marque as a Clear Logo instead, but hope in the future we get a priority set for Clear Logos too @Jason Carr 

I just tried updating 62 systems with just Clear Logo's selecting both EmuMovies and the Games DB it seemed to do something but when I checked the folders it only downloaded a few but said it updated all files successfully and when I checked each system in EmuMovies or GamesDB they both have the Clear Logos available.

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

App:     Big Box
Version: 9.3-beta-1
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<CastIterator>d__97`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at (GamesViewModelBase , Platform , String , Playlist )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.GamesViewModelBase.Init(Platform plat, String searchQuery, Playlist filters)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass245_0.<ShowGames>b__1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

11:47:43 AM Music.Pause Start
   11:47:44 AM Music.Resume Start
   11:47:44 AM Music.Resume Start
   11:47:46 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:47 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:48 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:48 AM Music.Initialize Start
   11:47:48 AM Music.Kill Start
   11:47:48 AM Music.Kill Finished
   11:47:49 AM Music.Pause Start
   11:47:55 AM Music.Resume Start
   11:47:56 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:56 AM Music.Kill Start
   11:47:56 AM Music.Kill Finished
   11:47:57 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:57 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:59 AM Music.Pause Start
   11:48:01 AM Music.Resume Start
   11:48:01 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:01 AM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:01 AM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:03 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:03 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:05 AM Music.Pause Start
   11:48:12 AM Music.Resume Start
   11:48:15 AM Music.Pause Start
   11:48:16 AM Music.Resume Start
   11:48:17 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:17 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:17 AM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:17 AM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:17 AM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:17 AM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:18 AM Exception

Edited by wallmachine

I hadn't fired up BigBox in a while and tried it today, but am having a problem with it.  I can launch games through Launchbox fine, but when I try and launch the same game via BigBox it doesn't work. I get the loading screen, then a blank black screen for around 10-15 seconds, then the exit screen, and then back to BigBox. I don't know if this is connected to the pixellated mouse cursor problem. Any help appreciated! @Jason Carr

I hadn't fired up BigBox in a while and tried it today, but am having a problem with it.  I can launch games through Launchbox fine, but when I try and launch the same game via BigBox it doesn't work. I get the loading screen, then a blank black screen for around 10-15 seconds, then the exit screen, and then back to BigBox. I don't know if this is connected to the pixellated mouse cursor problem. Any help appreciated! @Jason Carr

I am experiencing a similar issue, but only regarding the stand-alone Project 64 Emulator, all of the other ones I have tried have worked so far. I get an error message when booting from Big Box "Failed to initialize Direct X Error Code: 8876086C D3DERR_INVALIDCALL". 

11 hours ago, Alucard205 said:

I am experiencing a similar issue, but only regarding the stand-alone Project 64 Emulator, all of the other ones I have tried have worked so far. I get an error message when booting from Big Box "Failed to initialize Direct X Error Code: 8876086C D3DERR_INVALIDCALL". 

I do not use Project 64, but Just tested and it is working fine in BigBox. A google search of the exact error brings up some older PJ64 forum posts advising to make sure Direct X is updated properly. Even saw similar posts in a Steam forum thread. I know in your other post you said it runs in Launchbox so not sure why for you it is not working in BigBox. Could be something unique with your set-up and BigBox. Have you made sure Direct X on your machine is updated?

13 hours ago, Dan said:

I hadn't fired up BigBox in a while and tried it today, but am having a problem with it.  I can launch games through Launchbox fine, but when I try and launch the same game via BigBox it doesn't work. I get the loading screen, then a blank black screen for around 10-15 seconds, then the exit screen, and then back to BigBox. I don't know if this is connected to the pixellated mouse cursor problem. Any help appreciated! @Jason Carr

Just to clarify - this problem seems to be specific to MAME.

I have gone as far as upped the Startup to the Maximum 30secs and hid the Window too, but sometimes some titles want to take longer and will send you back to either LaunchBox or BigBox after until suddenly MAME will load up. Oddly enough Windows 10, MAME, and LaunchBox all got Update shortly around the same time of each other which at times seems to conflict with each other as to like MAME and LaunchBox comes up with something to improve while Windows 10 just so happens to screw them up once they get an Update in around the same time.

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

App:     Big Box
Version: 9.3-beta-1
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<CastIterator>d__97`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at (GamesViewModelBase , Platform , String , Playlist )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.GamesViewModelBase.Init(Platform plat, String searchQuery, Playlist filters)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass245_0.<ShowGames>b__1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

11:46:38 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:46:38 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:46:39 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:46:39 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:46:41 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:46:41 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:46:41 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:46:42 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:46:42 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:46:46 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:46:46 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:46:54 PM Music.Pause Start
   11:47:49 PM Music.Resume Start
   11:47:50 PM Music.Pause Start
   11:47:56 PM Music.Resume Start
   11:47:56 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:56 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:47:56 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:47:56 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:47:56 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:47:56 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:47:57 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:47:57 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:04 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:04 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:05 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:05 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:07 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:07 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:07 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:08 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:08 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:20 PM Music.Pause Start
   11:48:44 PM Music.Resume Start
   11:48:44 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:44 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:44 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:44 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:44 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:44 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:46 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:46 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:53 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:53 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:54 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:54 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:56 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:56 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:48:56 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:48:57 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:48:57 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:49:10 PM Music.Pause Start
   11:49:27 PM Music.Resume Start
   11:49:27 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:49:27 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:27 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:28 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:49:28 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:28 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:29 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:29 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:36 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:36 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:37 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:37 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:38 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:49:38 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:38 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:38 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:38 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:45 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:49:45 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   11:49:45 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:45 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:45 PM Music.Kill Start
   11:49:45 PM Music.Kill Finished
   11:49:46 PM Exception

On 12/31/2018 at 10:41 PM, Dan said:

Just to clarify - this problem seems to be specific to MAME.

Try setting bigbox.exe to admin

Also if you are still on Windows 1803 update see if you can force windows 10 to update to 1809

I had MAME taking over 25 seconds to open a game for months but once I finally got the windows update it now opens instantly.

May not be your issue but something to look at.