Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

9.3-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

Hey all, the first 9.3 beta is out with the following:

- Improvement: Daphne emulators should now have "Hide Console Window" checked by default for better compatibility with the startup screens

- Fixed: Rare and random null reference error when returning to LaunchBox from games

- Fixed: Error when using the list view in LaunchBox and attempting to hide the sidebar

- Fixed: Rare but potential null reference error auto-generating child playlists

My intention with 9.3 is to fix some various bugs and then put out an official release relatively quickly. We won't see any new features for 9.3. I haven't seen any major emergency issues though with 9.2, so with the holidays it may be a bit before release.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason, do you think the "All" not showing the total amount of games, and the searching term reducing the total number of games in the platforms left pane could make it to this release? It is not a deal breaker at all, just curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

Jason, do you think the "All" not showing the total amount of games, and the searching term reducing the total number of games in the platforms left pane could make it to this release? It is not a deal breaker at all, just curious. 

I plan on looking at it, but it depends on how hairy it is to fix. I don't consider it a big issue, but I would like to get it fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I plan on looking at it, but it depends on how hairy it is to fix. I don't consider it a big issue, but I would like to get it fixed.

Ditto. Do not worry about it :) If it's doable, awesome; if it's not, still awesome. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr Hope you're having a well earned rest and a nice Christmas break.

I don't believe this type of thing will ever make the poll lists so I hope you don't mind me suggesting something here, I understand it's a performance patch.

Could you possibly consider adding an option to enable folder creations for media types under edit platform, it's nothing more than an OCD organisational issue :D

I also believe there needs to be a field to specify the location of video/themes. If i specify a new folder location for videos, it will still default create a video folder to contain the theme folder inside.

Edit Platform.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep up the great work, and Merry Christmas :)

Found a small bug: in the platform details edit window, the text in the "notes" tab overruns the edge of the box. This is consistent when resizing the box also. See pic:

 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas Jason and many thanks for Launchbox & Bigbox, I find it very enjoyable to tinker with them to get an awesome setup, it's on my main computer now so i'ts not really usable in that sense, but when I do get a dedicated computer I'm really looking forward to having BigBox running, and just playing games! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the place to report potential bugs?  Apologies if it's not. 

 

LOVE that the startup/shutdown screens have been implemented, but I'm having an issue where the background image is over-stretched (half off the screen) on the shutdown screen.  This happens in default mode or using one of the 4 currently available themes.  Is this a known bug? 

I'm guessing it might have something to do with me using a 1600x1200 resolution.... but that said, the startup screens are flawless.

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by oakleez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just launched 9.2 and got this error (win 10 x64 latest updates):

```

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Boolean MoveNext()
Source:  mscorlib

   at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
   at (ItemsControl )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.BuildViewMenu(ItemsControl viewMenuItem)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass63_0 , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass63_0.<ShowMenu>b__0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

   8:35:14 PM Music.Prepare Start
   8:35:14 PM Music.Kill Start
   8:35:14 PM Music.Kill Finished
   8:35:14 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   8:35:14 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   8:35:15 PM Exception```

LB exited. Relaunched LB and all is well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is a glitch in LaunchBox/BigBox or what but seems now when I load up a MAME game it takes a while to start. Like I get a Startup that closes out and then nearly a minute later where I'm about to Edit it and check to see what may be the matter I then get the game loading up all the way. I sometimes even get where a Startup will get done but go black while MAME's windows hangs for a bit until it decides finally to play or just close itself back to its normal state of LaunchBox/BigBox.

I use various versions of MAME in my collection and still am trying to get everything in working order for all of them within the collection to where I may have to just edit the Startup length per MAME version and also maybe hide the window too in ones that do that whenever it seems to want on its own. Bottomline I don't know if it's my system dealing with too much at once since I'm always multi-tasking or if it's something that needs to be fixed within LaunchBox/BigBox itself. Not sure wholelse is having this issue or not, but felt I just run it along here @Jason Carr just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what's going on but seems my EmuMovies login is messed up, and so at times finding Clear Logos for everything is getting harder to do. I was wondering if on the MAME aspect we can maybe have Clear Logo option that allows use to make Arcade Marques and whatever else made as a 2nd priority just in case a Clear Logo isn't set for a game? I know at this point for now the best solution is to just to manually set a Arcade Marque as a Clear Logo instead, but hope in the future we get a priority set for Clear Logos too @Jason Carr 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 2:16 AM, FoxyMonty said:

@Jason Carr Hope you're having a well earned rest and a nice Christmas break.

I don't believe this type of thing will ever make the poll lists so I hope you don't mind me suggesting something here, I understand it's a performance patch.

Could you possibly consider adding an option to enable folder creations for media types under edit platform, it's nothing more than an OCD organisational issue :D

I also believe there needs to be a field to specify the location of video/themes. If i specify a new folder location for videos, it will still default create a video folder to contain the theme folder inside.

Edit Platform.png

To be completely honest, I probably can't add that in any time soon, though I have wanted to change the code to stop creating folders so loosely (instead only create folders when something new goes in one instead of creating empty folders). It's not a high priority, but hopefully I can get to that eventually.

The theme videos folder should always be inside the platform's video folder. There isn't an option for it because it's just always in the subfolder of that folder. Let me know if that's not working as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 4:45 AM, Dan said:

Keep up the great work, and Merry Christmas :)

Found a small bug: in the platform details edit window, the text in the "notes" tab overruns the edge of the box. This is consistent when resizing the box also. See pic:

 

Capture.JPG

Thanks for this; I'll get it fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 5:54 AM, oakleez said:

Is this the place to report potential bugs?  Apologies if it's not. 

 

LOVE that the startup/shutdown screens have been implemented, but I'm having an issue where the background image is over-stretched (half off the screen) on the shutdown screen.  This happens in default mode or using one of the 4 currently available themes.  Is this a known bug? 

I'm guessing it might have something to do with me using a 1600x1200 resolution.... but that said, the startup screens are flawless.

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work!

Can you give me a screenshot of what you mean? The background image will blow up to fill the screen while keeping the aspect ratio, so it might be by design. It tends to look bad when you stretch a 16:9 to 4:3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ckp said:

just launched 9.2 and got this error (win 10 x64 latest updates):

```

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Boolean MoveNext()
Source:  mscorlib

   at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
   at (ItemsControl )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.BuildViewMenu(ItemsControl viewMenuItem)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass63_0 , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass63_0.<ShowMenu>b__0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

   8:35:14 PM Music.Prepare Start
   8:35:14 PM Music.Kill Start
   8:35:14 PM Music.Kill Finished
   8:35:14 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   8:35:14 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   8:35:15 PM Exception```

LB exited. Relaunched LB and all is well. 

I will take a look. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Not sure if this is a glitch in LaunchBox/BigBox or what but seems now when I load up a MAME game it takes a while to start. Like I get a Startup that closes out and then nearly a minute later where I'm about to Edit it and check to see what may be the matter I then get the game loading up all the way. I sometimes even get where a Startup will get done but go black while MAME's windows hangs for a bit until it decides finally to play or just close itself back to its normal state of LaunchBox/BigBox.

I use various versions of MAME in my collection and still am trying to get everything in working order for all of them within the collection to where I may have to just edit the Startup length per MAME version and also maybe hide the window too in ones that do that whenever it seems to want on its own. Bottomline I don't know if it's my system dealing with too much at once since I'm always multi-tasking or if it's something that needs to be fixed within LaunchBox/BigBox itself. Not sure wholelse is having this issue or not, but felt I just run it along here @Jason Carr just in case.

I could be wrong, but from the feedback I've received I don't think this has anything to do with LaunchBox.

9 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Not sure what's going on but seems my EmuMovies login is messed up, and so at times finding Clear Logos for everything is getting harder to do. I was wondering if on the MAME aspect we can maybe have Clear Logo option that allows use to make Arcade Marques and whatever else made as a 2nd priority just in case a Clear Logo isn't set for a game? I know at this point for now the best solution is to just to manually set a Arcade Marque as a Clear Logo instead, but hope in the future we get a priority set for Clear Logos too @Jason Carr 

Noted. Probably can't make this a priority any time soon but we'll see if it comes up again.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RULLUR said:

not sure if this is a glitch in LaunchBox/BigBox or what but seems now when I load up a MAME game it takes a while to start. Like I get a Startup that closes out and then nearly a minute later where I'm about to Edit it and check to see what may be the matter I then get the game loading up all the way.

Hmm, you know what, I also feel like MAME has been starting up funny lately like you describe. I have just assumed it is related to Win 10 updates or something. I may try starting some MAME games up without LB just to compare. My feeling is that it shouldn't be caused by LB since LB is simply running the command line for the game, but you never know...

Does this happen at all to you when starting a MAME game without LB?

Edit: funny, MAME is working 100% perfectly through LB right now. Seems like the odd delays I've seen as you described are seemingly random.

Edited by ckp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Not sure what's going on but seems my EmuMovies login is messed up, and so at times finding Clear Logos for everything is getting harder to do. I was wondering if on the MAME aspect we can maybe have Clear Logo option that allows use to make Arcade Marques and whatever else made as a 2nd priority just in case a Clear Logo isn't set for a game? I know at this point for now the best solution is to just to manually set a Arcade Marque as a Clear Logo instead, but hope in the future we get a priority set for Clear Logos too @Jason Carr 

If I remember correctly EmuMovies was hacked awhile back and they still haven't recovered from the hack which has caused a ton of issues. They are often offline lately, and that is probably the reason you are having issues, not LaunchBox.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emumovies was moving all its Downloads content to a new server these past days, so if you experienced problems during the scraping in logging into your EM account, or getting the media, might have been because of that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×