LaunchBox Community Forums
Zombeaver

C64 Dreams (massive curated C64 collection)

Hello,

First thx for this work.

I have one Question. Can i only import the Games Folder in an existing Launchbox Setup ? 

Can i copy die Games Folder in another Place -> not in Launchbox Folder ?

CU

I'm not 100% certain I understand your question based on your phrasing.

Everything in the C64 Dreams\C64 Dreams folder has to stay where it is ("Games" folder parallel to the "Retroarch" folder etc.) otherwise all the scripts will break. Now, the first folder (which contains Launchbox itself) isn't necessary for anything to work, the games will work on their own without it, and that folder can be named anything or placed anywhere, or if you don't want to use Launchbox at all you can move the C64 dreams subfolder out of it and start the games directly by going into the Games folder, going into one of the individual game folders, and starting the .vbs file. You cannot, however, take the "Games" folder, by itself, and move it somewhere else if that's what you're asking. All of the folders that are next to each other ("Games", "Retroarch", "Utilities", etc.) need to remain next to each other (the name of the folder that contains those folders - "C64 Dreams" - doesn't matter, if you're not using Launchbox).

Basically, all the folders in C64 Dreams\C64 Dreams need to stay together otherwise everything will break.

• Like 1

Thx Zombeaver for the Answer,

I have put the C64 Dreams Folder in my ROMs folder & import only the .vbs Files in my Launchbox. Select no Emulator & it works :).

Thx Man

You can do that, yes, although at that point you lose all the metadata, screenshots, etc. many of which I had to add, remove, and edit manually. If you wanted to import into an existing library then you should follow the instructions I have on the first page.

• Like 1