LaunchBox Community Forums

9.10-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

14 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Are you running Launchbox as a administrator? If so don,t as it can cause issues like this.

Yes I'm trying as adminisstrator, I think is a problem with the default nintendo 64 emulator, I have default retroarch but the games are launched with project 64image.thumb.png.5c556b32248267a8f3c2413fb395b349.png, I deleted project 64 and bulk edit for retroarch. now I receive this message

image.thumb.png.b202a3e36a5b032403d0838e9aa5cda3.png

I can use the default app without problems, this just happens with the games as additional apps

Edited by Drodrick

18 minutes ago, 7ank0v1c said:

Heya, I dont know if its a beta thing or a bug or what? but for the last 2 betas, each time i load LaunchBox, even though i click 'do not show on this version again', the new features pop up shows?

any ideas?

Every time a new beta version gets downloaded, the popup shows back up.

@Drodrick That appears to be some sort of a permissions issue on your system. It could be file system permissions or some other kind of permissions issue. It is definitely not advised to run LaunchBox as administrator, so if you're having to do that, something is not set up right. What folder is LaunchBox installed to?

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Every time a new beta version gets downloaded, the popup shows back up.

Thats not what im saying, im saying everytime I open it, it pops up after i have checked the 'dont show me' box. Im talking in between beta updates...

Edit: Literally everytime

Edited by 7ank0v1c
added text

2 minutes ago, 7ank0v1c said:

Thats not what im saying, im saying everytime I open it, it pops up after i have checked the 'dont show me' box. Im talking in between beta updates...

The only reason I can think of this happening is if somehow LaunchBox isn't closing properly, and therefore not saving. I tried replicating it and couldn't. Let me know if it keeps happening.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

The only reason I can think of this happening is if somehow LaunchBox isn't closing properly, and therefore not saving. I tried replicating it and couldn't. Let me know if it keeps happening.

i have noticed it being open in task manager past when i close it...

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Hmm, what translation are you using? I have an idea as to what might be happening. If you open up your LaunchBox\Data\Settings.xml file, what does the <NoWelcomeVersion> line say?

No translation, im in English.

It says:

<NoWelcomeVersion>9.10-beta-3</NoWelcomeVersion>

Im on the official 9.10 now though, so not sure why it says beta?

1 minute ago, 7ank0v1c said:

No translation, im in English.

It says:

<NoWelcomeVersion>9.10-beta-3</NoWelcomeVersion>

Im on the official 9.10 now though, so not sure why it says beta?

Apparently your settings are not updating; not sure why. If we were having that issue elsewhere I'd have a million people yelling, so it must somehow be a one-off issue. Is the file read-only or something? Maybe a permissions issue?

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Apparently your settings are not updating; not sure why. If we were having that issue elsewhere I'd have a million people yelling, so it must somehow be a one-off issue. Is the file read-only or something? Maybe a permissions issue?

?‍♂️....

I think I know why now, would this setting not update if I checked the box but then pressed the x instead of close at the bottom?

It worked this time, but only after I made a new settings file, but i did the x first, nothing and then I saw the close button and thought lets try it, and it seems to have worked.... ?‍♂️

Edited by 7ank0v1c

2 minutes ago, 7ank0v1c said:

?‍♂️....

I think I know why now, would this setting not update if I checked the box but then pressed the x instead of close at the bottom?

It worked this time, but only after I made a new settings file, but i did the x first, nothing and then asaw the close and thought lets try it, and it seems to have worked.... ?‍♂️

Hmm, it shouldn't be working that way...but perhaps it is. If so, I'll fix it lol.

@Jason Carr Something else I have noticed, for the last few updates the X button on my Xbox One controller no longer launches highlighted games instantly anymore? It still works in BigBox, but has stopped working in LaunchBox. I have checked the settings and they are set to how they where before...