LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

This is something I've been wanting for awhile!

Is there a way to change some of the fonts? The main blue one for game titles isn't jiving with me too much.

Also, might I suggest having one of the disc images on the now loading screen spin like they do with the default screen? I think that'd be a nice touch.

Edited by Cypher

3 hours ago, Cypher said:

This is something I've been wanting for awhile!

Is there a way to change some of the fonts? The main blue one for game titles isn't jiving with me too much.

Also, might I suggest having one of the disc images on the now loading screen spin like they do with the default screen? I think that'd be a nice touch.

You can change the font by using notepad++ and bulk edit the xaml files to the fonts you like. The spinning disc image requires specific coding knowledge that I don't have atm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 4:14 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

I did upload it to the big box theme manager but before it get's released they have to test it first which can take a little while.

It _still_ doesn't appear in the theme manager (for me at least).  It's been 3+ weeks.  Is this normal, is there something wrong with my system?

-Mike

• Thanks 1

Mr. Retrolust, awesome theme, but I think a quick fix is in order.

Your 1.4 file doesn't have a folder named "NeonDeluxeArcade" inside. When someone goes to extract it and move it to their Themes folder in LB, the theme will throw up a ton of errors.

Took me awhile to realize what the problem was.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Mr. Retrolust, awesome theme, but I think a quick fix is in order.

Your 1.4 file doesn't have a folder named "NeonDeluxeArcade" inside. When someone goes to extract it and move it to their Themes folder in LB, the theme will throw up a ton of errors.

Took me awhile to realize what the problem was.

I did write it down in the instructions, didn't you see?:

"INSTALLATION

Download the theme from Big Box's theme manager or download the zip file here and extract the content to Launchbox/Themes/NeonDeluxeArcade/

1 minute ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I did write it down in the instructions, didn't you see?:

"INSTALLATION

Download the theme from Big Box's theme manager or download the zip file here and extract the content to Launchbox/Themes/NeonDeluxeArcade/

I guess I did miss that when I first downloaded it. Normally the themes here already have the appropriately named folder inside.

Still, it's minimal effort to make life a little easier for users.

8 hours ago, FingerCramp said:

@Mr. RetroLust   Hmm, I'm guessing it looks different for you?  I was rather expecting the video to be in the blank space on the right.  Instead, it's half cut off below the text.  (See attached screenshot).

neon_screenshot.png

Weird, yes it looks right on my system. The background is also not as it should be so I think it's dpi settings we need to change. What resolution do you use?

6 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Weird, yes it looks right on my system. The background is also not as it should be so I think it's dpi settings we need to change. What resolution do you use?

Unfortunately I'm away from that machine for a bit....but if the resolution of the full-screen screenshot I took (using CTRL-PrtScn) gives the correct answer, then it appears to be 1360x768.

16 minutes ago, FingerCramp said:

Unfortunately I'm away from that machine for a bit....but if the resolution of the full-screen screenshot I took (using CTRL-PrtScn) gives the correct answer, then it appears to be 1360x768.

Yeah that is a resolution issue, you are using a low resolution display, ill guess that this is designed for 1080p as the file instructions mention setting Windows scaling to 200% if running at 4K, which makes everything in Windows appear 1080p size even though its still 4K.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah that is a resolution issue, you are using a low resolution display, ill guess that this is designed for 1080p as the file instructions mention setting Windows scaling to 200% if running at 4K, which makes everything in Windows appear 1080p size even though its still 4K.

Hmmm, pardon my ignorance on this issue....  but when I built this machine, I purposely bought the cheapest second-hand flat-screen monitor I could find, assuming that since I'm only using it to run ancient 8-bit graphics games such as Galaga and Ms. Pac Man, the crappiest resolution would work best.  Was my thinking wrong on this?  Should I be doing something differently, giving what I'm using this for?   Advice is appreciated.

15 minutes ago, FingerCramp said:

Hmmm, pardon my ignorance on this issue....  but when I built this machine, I purposely bought the cheapest second-hand flat-screen monitor I could find, assuming that since I'm only using it to run ancient 8-bit graphics games such as Galaga and Ms. Pac Man, the crappiest resolution would work best.  Was my thinking wrong on this?  Should I be doing something differently, giving what I'm using this for?   Advice is appreciated.

Well all the games you are running will be at a lower resolution than your monitor, which is fine, and Launchbox itself can happily run at that resolution also (although the UI will look rather large) but this theme specifically is coded for 1080p, well i say coded, its more likely that he is simply using 1080p art assets and placement, so they dont scale correctly for you

Most users these days have at least 1080p displays, even for emulation purposes, so most themes are designed with 1080p widescreen in mind. Some themes with the way they are coded and what art assets they use dont care what the monitor resolution is, but others with specifically created and placed artwork will.

• Like 1