LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

11 minutes ago, FingerCramp said:

Hmmm, pardon my ignorance on this issue....  but when I built this machine, I purposely bought the cheapest second-hand flat-screen monitor I could find, assuming that since I'm only using it to run ancient 8-bit graphics games such as Galaga and Ms. Pac Man, the crappiest resolution would work best.  Was my thinking wrong on this?  Should I be doing something differently, giving what I'm using this for?   Advice is appreciated.

I understand why you would choose lower resolution for games, although this resolution mostly runs with VGA cables which in turn are analog, better to buy a HDMI or DVI monitor purely for sharper details and (often overlooked) much better colors, also if you like launchbox/bigbox then you'll want a nicer representation of all the themes and artwork. 1080p monitors are basically cheap to get, highly recommended! 

On 8/16/2019 at 11:14 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Keep us up to date and good luck bro!

Ok so back to this machine, I exited Bigbox and attempted to change the screen resolution in Windows 10 (gawd I hate Windows) and most likely due to it being a VGA cable the 1920x1080 looks horrible - in Windows. But once I start up Bigbox and play games, all looks great, including the theme. So, I’m happy. :)  

Thanks again. 

-Mike

• Game On 1

• 5 months later...

I've tried several custom themes and for me this is by far the best I have used. The only issue I have is while scrolling through the game list I feel like the list fades out too soon. I have a large amount of games and like to browse through the games in big box but it can be difficult to keep viewing the game list without always scrolling up or down to keep it from fading into the main game screen. Is there a setting I can change to make the game list stay visible for a longer time before fading out? Thanks again for your work on this theme.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, xz38 said:

I've tried several custom themes and for me this is by far the best I have used. The only issue I have is while scrolling through the game list I feel like the list fades out too soon. I have a large amount of games and like to browse through the games in big box but it can be difficult to keep viewing the game list without always scrolling up or down to keep it from fading into the main game screen. Is there a setting I can change to make the game list stay visible for a longer time before fading out? Thanks again for your work on this theme.  

Thanks glad you like :) I need to rebuild this theme in the future with a fixed wheel or something, that would work better. There is a setting for keeping the wheel visible longer, i'll have a look at the theme tommorow when im behind the pc again.

@xz38 If you go to the xaml file you wish to change (Wheelgamesview.xaml for example) theres a piece of code you can alter:

<Storyboard x:Key="WheelFade">
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[3].(TranslateTransform.X)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowGrid">
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.1" Value="0"/>
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1" Value="0"/>
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.1" Value="-100"/>
</DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[3].(TranslateTransform.X)" Storyboard.TargetName="DetailsGrid">
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.1" Value="0"/>
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowGrid">
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.1" Value="1"/>
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1" Value="1"/>
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.1" Value="0"/>
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="DetailsGrid">
<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.1" Value="1"/>
</Storyboard>

I think if you change all the keytime 1 values to 2's it should stay visible longer, you can do this within a text editor of your choice, notepad++ is a good one.

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, kmoney said:

@Mr. RetroLust I have switched over to a 1440P monitor and I have been searching for a scanlines.png image but have not been successful in finding one to replace the one in your theme since the scanlines don't quiet match up as they did with the 1080P monitor. You don't happen to have one do you?

I cooked this one up for you, hope it works like you want it to:

scanline.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...