LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The right stick is used to navigate more quickly through the items in the list. There was one other user who had the same issue and we discovered that it was because of the right stick being too loose.

I do most of my testing on my own Shield TV, so I'm very certain that it's not a bug. Apparently the Shield controllers are prone to that issue though. I'm guessing it's not an issue elsewhere because the right stick isn't usually used for navigation elsewhere.

Ahh ok gotcha. Didn't know about the right stick fast nav thing. I'll check it out, thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, PiperCalls said:

Ahh ok gotcha. Didn't know about the right stick fast nav thing. I'll check it out, thanks.

If you have an Xbox One controller laying around, I've found that they work just as well (arguably better). The power button works the same as the home button, and you don't accidentally hit one of those tiny buttons on the bottom when you meant to hit a different one.

Congratulations Jason we are out of beta.

Great work so far.

Never really played around with Dreamcast ems before, what format should the files be in to launch? (trying retroarch) 

Got all the usual suspects working on the app.(huawei p20 pro) 

Nes,snes, gb's, 64,Gen, psp ps1, 

Apart from ps2, but I know ps2 is not available yet. 

Game cube would be great when it's possible. 

This app is really good and growing fast. 

Can't wait to see what you have planned in the coming weeks. 

Edited by Mu144
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mu144 said:

Never really played around with Dreamcast ems before, what format should the files be in to launch?

Got all the usual suspects working on the app.

Nes,snes, gb's, 64,Gen, psp ps1, 

Apart from ps2, but I know ps2 is not available yet. 

Game cube would be great when it possible. 

This app is really good and growing fast. 

Can't wait to see what you have planned in the coming weeks. 

Gamecube works, just install Dolphin emulator, works great. ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KnightRiderX420 said:

i just have a general question about the "opt in" program.... I am currently a lifetime license owner for bigbox and it is legit. if i'm in a beta testing program why does the beta cost money? I know its only 5 bucks. I am just curious. heck windows 10 beta is free to test threw thier insiders. I figured because I have the  highest tier license for unbroken software i would be able to test the beta of an unreleased os version, but i guess not. .. bottom line is if i can sqeeze the fin i'll get the app and test it but for now i am limited due to this stipulation. its kinda like when i found out the music app to be fully unlocked requires another license as well. don't get me wrong lifetime liscence is the way to go if you can get it... in the long run its saved ma aot of reinstaement mula$$$ :)

LaunchBox for Android has been out of beta since early Monday morning. Unfortunately a purchase from us for one product is not going to enable access to every product we ever put out. I really appreciate your purchases though. :)

11 hours ago, Mu144 said:

Anyway we can donate to the work put in so far. 

The feed back  and update speed has been well worth a 5er.

3 minutes ago, Lamaman1971 said:

Agreed -  with the speed of the updates and so on I would be happy to donate.

Thank you guys; I really do appreciate it. I will do my best to keep the updates consistently coming, but of course I do have to focus on the Windows apps for a bit now first. It won't be long though.

Per donations, I really appreciate the offers, but since we are a business (and not a non-profit organization), I chose to stop taking donations a while ago.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android has been out of beta since early Monday morning. Unfortunately a purchase from us for one product is not going to enable access to every product we ever put out. I really appreciate your purchases though. :)

Thank you guys; I really do appreciate it. I will do my best to keep the updates consistently coming, but of course I do have to focus on the Windows apps for a bit now first. It won't be long though.

Per donations, I really appreciate the offers, but since we are a business (and not a non-profit organization), I chose to stop taking donations a while ago.

OK thanks for letting us know. 

Much respect. 

Got my hands on my new pegi 9083 today.. 

(saitake 7007X clone died before first charge) 

It rattles lol but it should work.. 

Not good when it's fresh out the box.. 

But I look forward to road testing some gameplay at last.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteNoseThunderPants said:

I searched, but did not find anything related to whether or not there are plans for this to be released on the Amazon App store for Amazon devices that cannot have the Play store yet. I have a few 4K Fire TV sticks that Amazon blocked the Play store on.

Thanks @WhiteNoseThunderPants. Honestly, I hadn't thought of that until just yesterday. I am looking into getting it up on the Amazon store. :)

2 minutes ago, WhiteNoseThunderPants said:

I searched, but did not find anything related to whether or not there are plans for this to be released on the Amazon App store for Amazon devices that cannot have the Play store yet. I have a few 4K Fire TV sticks that Amazon blocked the Play store on.

Get the apps2fire app from the Google playstore and use it to send it to your Fire Stick.

4 minutes ago, WhiteNoseThunderPants said:

IMG_20190911_212546.thumb.jpg.71716fb62405b1672701009314f0d87e.jpg

10 minutes ago, WhiteNoseThunderPants said:

@neil9000, I was going to try that this evening when I got home if there was not another option. I've used that for other apps before. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah it works to install Launchbox and it loads up fine on my 4K stick, thats as far as i have got so far though, i need to do a mini export and get Retroarch on my stick, but the app itself works as far as i can tell so far.

getting an error on the lunchbox side where it cannot delete the old android temp folder because access was denied ( to the game at the top of the list in games folder) this has happened every time iv done a transfer with a different games being access denied.

I have worked around the issue by deleting the folder manually but wondering if there is a permanent fix

PS. awesome job Jason replying to every post in this 25 page thread!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nickkt said:

getting an error on the lunchbox side where it cannot delete the old android temp folder because access was denied ( to the game at the top of the list in games folder) this has happened every time iv done a transfer with a different games being access denied.

I have worked around the issue by deleting the folder manually but wondering if there is a permanent fix

PS. awesome job Jason replying to every post in this 25 page thread!

Ha, well thanks. :)

That's interesting though. Are you using any file sync utilities like Dropbox or Google Drive?