Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Recommended Posts

It's perfectly fine to added a new platform to the app. 

The issue comes with adding games to an existing build. 

It will overwrite the library you first installed. 

I have been adding platforms one by one with no issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

The android emulator "yaba sanshiro" works for Sega Saturn.... just throwing it out there

I'll see if I can get that added in today. :)

6 minutes ago, Soxbrother said:

I've only just begun with LaunchBox and last week I've bought a premium membership for BigBox.

I've added "Game Boy" to Launchbox and exported for Android, this all worked fine.

My question, can I just add another platform easily besides the already exported "Game Boy" ?

Or does it give any problems if you export 1 platform at a time ?

Probably best to export everything at once ?

 

Thanks.

 

There should be no problem with exporting one platform at a time like that. The only thing to note is that you have to export entire platforms. If you try and export only part of a platform, it will overwrite any games that you already had for that platform on Android.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason I just want to say that after the last update everything is working fine with PPSSPP Gold. The app is already awesome and is nice to see how fast you guys are fixing the problems with our feedback.

I'll definitely recommend this to all of my friends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

There should be no problem with exporting one platform at a time like that. The only thing to note is that you have to export entire platforms. If you try and export only part of a platform, it will overwrite any games that you already had for that platform on Android.

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to do that shortly ;)

Edited by Soxbrother
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the Nintendo Super Famicom uses regular retroarch cores.. currently retroarch isnt an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

Also the Nintendo Super Famicom uses regular retroarch cores.. currently retroarch isnt an option.

Can you explain? Why isn't Retroarch an option for SNES? Is the issue specific to Super Famicom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

Also the Nintendo Super Famicom uses regular retroarch cores.. currently retroarch isnt an option.

Oic, I think I understand now. The LaunchBox Games Database sees Super Famicom and Super Nintendo as the same platform (as it should). Basically, Android currently requires the platform names to match the games database exactly. But the exporter should name the platforms to match the games database if Scrape As is set correctly for the platform in LaunchBox for Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oic, I think I understand now. The LaunchBox Games Database sees Super Famicom and Super Nintendo as the same platform (as it should). Basically, Android currently requires the platform names to match the games database exactly. But the exporter should name the platforms to match the games database if Scrape As is set correctly for the platform in LaunchBox for Windows.

I kinda think I know what u mean. Although when I set it up on pc, nintendo super famicom was an option. I didnt have to scrape as.. hmm.. I can keep testing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

I kinda think I know what u mean. Although when I set it up on pc, nintendo super famicom was an option. I didnt have to scrape as.. hmm.. I can keep testing

I suppose that could have been the case a long time ago, but I just checked the platforms list in the importer and Super Famicom is not listed there as best I can tell. Where were you seeing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah on the PC side just go to manage platform and then type in the scrape as value and then reimport that platform to you Android device it will overwrite what is there already and now should work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be too early to know, but do you think when BigBox features are added, the current Themes will be compatible?

Sooo looking forward to setting up a local bigbox on my NVIDIA Shield!

 

Thx for your efforts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzalo_hvega said:

It may be too early to know, but do you think when BigBox features are added, the current Themes will be compatible?

Sooo looking forward to setting up a local bigbox on my NVIDIA Shield!

 

Thx for your efforts!

No, the desktop themes will not be fully compatible with upcoming Android themes. Unfortunately that's impossible. I will be looking to build themes that are very similar, but each theme will require at least some manual conversion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason thanks so much for fixing the controller bug so incredibly quickly.

This is why I will never hesitate to pull out the wallet for Launchbox software.

Top notch customer care standards and the absolute guarantee that the software will consistently improve, in big ways.

I seriously refresh the play store almost hourly throughout the day, excited at the prospect of an update.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I suppose that could have been the case a long time ago, but I just checked the platforms list in the importer and Super Famicom is not listed there as best I can tell. Where were you seeing it?

20190904_183623.thumb.jpg.fe577e016e3c207017b1592e8972cf50.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

No, the desktop themes will not be fully compatible with upcoming Android themes. Unfortunately that's impossible. I will be looking to build themes that are very similar, but each theme will require at least some manual conversion.

Awesome, thanks for your efforts. Hopefully even though its on android the themes can be community built and not part of the app themselves. Currently using StationEmulation, so hopefully I can help port it once BigBox is implemented in the app.

Great job!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmetz7547 said:

20190904_183623.thumb.jpg.fe577e016e3c207017b1592e8972cf50.jpg

Oic; that list includes not only the default platform names, but also any custom platform names that you already have in your collection. So it isn't there the first time; you would have to manually add it. Then subsequent times it's there whether it's a default platform name or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oic; that list includes not only the default platform names, but also any custom platform names that you already have in your collection. So it isn't there the first time; you would have to manually add it. Then subsequent times it's there whether it's a default platform name or not.

So if I have super famicom on my PC with artwork and all scraped with snes and running retroarch.. then shouldn't it show retroarch as a emulator when exported to android? Or am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

So if I have super famicom on my PC with artwork and all scraped with snes and running retroarch.. then shouldn't it show retroarch as a emulator when exported to android? Or am I missing something?

No, emulator associations do not automatically migrate over. That would be too messy. Not all Retroarch cores that run on Windows work on Android. Nor do all emulators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't find this mentioned in the thread anywhere.

If anyone launches their Sony multi-disc games using an m3u file, I have still managed to get it to work on Android with a little manual intervention. The Launchbox export pulls over the m3u file so you just need to copy the referenced files (which for me are chd) to the Games\Sony PlayStation directory on your Android device. I'm using the pcsx_rearmed_libretro_android core and it launched the game I tried without an issue. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it only me or why can I only find MAME 2000, MAME 2003 and MAME 2003-Plus in the Retroarch core updater?

Edited by deliyuerek85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...