LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

15 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

There should be no problem with exporting one platform at a time like that. The only thing to note is that you have to export entire platforms. If you try and export only part of a platform, it will overwrite any games that you already had for that platform on Android.

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to do that shortly ;)

Edited by Soxbrother
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

Also the Nintendo Super Famicom uses regular retroarch cores.. currently retroarch isnt an option.

Oic, I think I understand now. The LaunchBox Games Database sees Super Famicom and Super Nintendo as the same platform (as it should). Basically, Android currently requires the platform names to match the games database exactly. But the exporter should name the platforms to match the games database if Scrape As is set correctly for the platform in LaunchBox for Windows.

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oic, I think I understand now. The LaunchBox Games Database sees Super Famicom and Super Nintendo as the same platform (as it should). Basically, Android currently requires the platform names to match the games database exactly. But the exporter should name the platforms to match the games database if Scrape As is set correctly for the platform in LaunchBox for Windows.

I kinda think I know what u mean. Although when I set it up on pc, nintendo super famicom was an option. I didnt have to scrape as.. hmm.. I can keep testing

4 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

I kinda think I know what u mean. Although when I set it up on pc, nintendo super famicom was an option. I didnt have to scrape as.. hmm.. I can keep testing

I suppose that could have been the case a long time ago, but I just checked the platforms list in the importer and Super Famicom is not listed there as best I can tell. Where were you seeing it?

1 hour ago, gonzalo_hvega said:

It may be too early to know, but do you think when BigBox features are added, the current Themes will be compatible?

Sooo looking forward to setting up a local bigbox on my NVIDIA Shield!

Thx for your efforts!

No, the desktop themes will not be fully compatible with upcoming Android themes. Unfortunately that's impossible. I will be looking to build themes that are very similar, but each theme will require at least some manual conversion.

Jason thanks so much for fixing the controller bug so incredibly quickly.

This is why I will never hesitate to pull out the wallet for Launchbox software.

Top notch customer care standards and the absolute guarantee that the software will consistently improve, in big ways.

I seriously refresh the play store almost hourly throughout the day, excited at the prospect of an update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

No, the desktop themes will not be fully compatible with upcoming Android themes. Unfortunately that's impossible. I will be looking to build themes that are very similar, but each theme will require at least some manual conversion.

Awesome, thanks for your efforts. Hopefully even though its on android the themes can be community built and not part of the app themselves. Currently using StationEmulation, so hopefully I can help port it once BigBox is implemented in the app.

Great job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmetz7547 said:

20190904_183623.thumb.jpg.fe577e016e3c207017b1592e8972cf50.jpg

Oic; that list includes not only the default platform names, but also any custom platform names that you already have in your collection. So it isn't there the first time; you would have to manually add it. Then subsequent times it's there whether it's a default platform name or not.

22 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oic; that list includes not only the default platform names, but also any custom platform names that you already have in your collection. So it isn't there the first time; you would have to manually add it. Then subsequent times it's there whether it's a default platform name or not.

So if I have super famicom on my PC with artwork and all scraped with snes and running retroarch.. then shouldn't it show retroarch as a emulator when exported to android? Or am I missing something?

52 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

So if I have super famicom on my PC with artwork and all scraped with snes and running retroarch.. then shouldn't it show retroarch as a emulator when exported to android? Or am I missing something?

No, emulator associations do not automatically migrate over. That would be too messy. Not all Retroarch cores that run on Windows work on Android. Nor do all emulators.

I couldn't find this mentioned in the thread anywhere.

If anyone launches their Sony multi-disc games using an m3u file, I have still managed to get it to work on Android with a little manual intervention. The Launchbox export pulls over the m3u file so you just need to copy the referenced files (which for me are chd) to the Games\Sony PlayStation directory on your Android device. I'm using the pcsx_rearmed_libretro_android core and it launched the game I tried without an issue. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, deliyuerek85 said:

Is it only me or why can I only find MAME 2000, MAME 2003 and MAME 2003-Plus in the Retroarch core updater?

The latest MAME core isn't supported on the latest Android x64 configuration, AFAIK. I don't even think there is a build script for it on Github, but may be wrong about that.

The official buildbot doesn't even build the later version for Android.

1 hour ago, deliyuerek85 said:

Is it only me or why can I only find MAME 2000, MAME 2003 and MAME 2003-Plus in the Retroarch core updater?

Because they dont support the current version of romsets. Android uses the 2003 set or the FBA set for the most part due to hardware power concerns, much like the Raspberry PI. 

• Like 2