LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

13 hours ago, kharil85 said:

The new version list out lot of not games app in Android list. Could you add option to hide this app or delete it.

Due to limited space I have to delete some of the roms to fit in my phone, however I forgot to delete the image. Now there are lot of games but no rom in my list of games. Could you add a function that auto delete games in that list that has no rom.

Per my previous release post for 0.16, unfortunately Android does not provide an accurate method to determine what is and is not a game. There is a game classification, but unfortunately not all games are properly classified as games. So determining what is and is not a game is basically an impossible thing to do accurately, sadly.

In previous versions, I was only showing games that were properly classified as a game, but I noticed that lots of games that I had installed were not showing up, so I had to include unclassified apps as well (though I've heavily filtered down the list to not include a bunch of system apps and such). Eventually, I will add an option to hide things manually, but it will probably be a bit yet.

Per auto-deleting games that don't exist, it'll probably be a long time before we add something like that. I think first off, we need to add the ability to add, edit, and delete games directly on Android before we look to auto-delete games.

10 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

I have another problem. Since the game loading screen has been added launchbox is loosing focus after returning back to LB from a game and I can not control it with my controller. In need to go out of the platform per touchscreen and go back in. Then I can control it again with the controller.

Ah, I'll look into that. What device and controller are you using?

9 hours ago, Kmetz7547 said:

I'm getting the same results with just retroarch.. I'm guessing we need to add some other emulator support as I can get alot of these running with the use of separate emus besides androids retroarch

Awesome, if you can provide a list of those separate emulators, that'd be great. Then I can add them in and recommend them for users.

9 hours ago, Kmetz7547 said:

Also, I am noticing when I try and add more games to a specific system, retroarch isnt picking up all my games. I try uninstalling and reinstalling but still only picks up initial games. Is this just me?

Sega Saturn for instance.....

Screenshot_20190903-084154.jpg

Screenshot_20190903-084131_ES File Explorer Pro.jpg

Currently the exporter only allows adding an entire platform at a time. If you attempt to add games to an existing platform, it will overwrite the current platform XML file, and thus you'll only have the new games. Basically, if you need to modify a platform, you'll need to re-export the entire platform.

8 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I imagine that for the mess issue that LB isn't feeding it the system specific name and media call so it doesn't start any of the systems. ie coleco -cart probably isn't being passed along to RA so it wouldn't work to start any Colecovision games.

Ah, good to know. I don't even know how we'd do that on Android. I should go through the list of platforms that use MESS in Retroarch and probably disable them for now (or figure it out).

7 hours ago, ALIE said:

@Jason Carr latest Beta finds added a lot of apps that isn't games. I see no way off removing them? 

Yes, this is a known issue (see above). Android doesn't really provide a good solution.

5 hours ago, Owningle said:

When do you think we will be able to add games without using the PC? just wondering since i already have all my roms on my phone as i was using the DIG frontend, would like to be able to select where my roms are located in the app.

It will probably be a while yet, as it's a major job. It will be a priority, but considering the amount of work required, it'll probably be a couple months at least.

Just uploaded version 0.17 to the Play Store with the following:

• Added Sony PSP Minis platform to valid emulators
  • Fixed an issue where controllers were sometimes not working after returning to LaunchBox from a game
  • Temporarily removed the MESS core option for Retroarch as it is not launching properly
  • Fixed the message box that comes up if no data is found to only show up on initial launch, instead of every time LaunchBox is resumed

Hopefully Google makes it live soon. There's not a whole lot of new/fixed stuff for this release, but I figured that the controller bug was important enough to warrant a release today.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah, I'll look into that. What device and controller are you using?

I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro with a BEBENCOOL (Saitake 7007F1) Controller.

This happens since the addition of the loading screen.

12 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

I have another problem. Since the game loading screen has been added launchbox is loosing focus after returning back to LB from a game and I can not control it with my controller. In need to go out of the platform per touchscreen and go back in. Then I can control it again with the controller.

How are you exiting from the emulator, which emulator is it?

3 minutes ago, deliyuerek85 said:

I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro with a BEBENCOOL (Saitake 7007F1) Controller.

This happens since the addition of the loading screen.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

I was able to reproduce this and fixed it for the 0.17 release. See a couple of posts above.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Retroarch for example. I exiting from the Retroarch menu. But this happens also with PPSSPP and DraStic (NDS Emulator).

Just now, deliyuerek85 said:

Retroarch for example. I exiting from the Retroarch menu. But this happens also with PPSSPP and DraStic (NDS Emulator).

OK was just checking as i also have a P20 PRO and i use Retroarch and i exit it from the combo i set in the Retroarch input settings.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I was able to reproduce this and fixed it for the 0.17 release. See a couple of posts above.

Ok, thanks. I will test it when the new version is out.

If Anyone has an arcade (mame) set working within this launchbox android, please share the name of the set and the core working with it. I'm willing to upload it to my pc lb just to transfer if over

Hi All

so been playing around however still same issues Galaxy S9 PLUS, If I install the games to the internal memory there is no issue and they show up, however if I install games to the SD card then they do not show, I have tried running the Launchbox programme and files from SD card still no joy.

So at present for me the only way to work is to have the programme and games installed on the internal memory (which is not what I want) anyone got any advice or update, appreciate still WIP , cheers all

8 hours ago, dunnster said:

Hi All

so been playing around however still same issues Galaxy S9 PLUS, If I install the games to the internal memory there is no issue and they show up, however if I install games to the SD card then they do not show, I have tried running the Launchbox programme and files from SD card still no joy.

So at present for me the only way to work is to have the programme and games installed on the internal memory (which is not what I want) anyone got any advice or update, appreciate still WIP , cheers all

@dunnster Sorry to hear. At this point though, it has pretty much been proven that SD cards do work fine, so there must be some kind of odd permissions or configuration issue. I currently do my main testing on a Galaxy S10+, with the app installed on the internal memory and the data on the SD card. I've also tested this on the S8+, so I'm guessing it certainly should work fine on the S9+.

Have you tried deleting the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from your internal storage? If it picks up the internal storage folder, then it won't pick up the one on the SD card.

1 hour ago, deliyuerek85 said:

@Jason Carr

Could you add support for the Dolphin emulator for GameCube games in the next beta?

Yup, no problem. :)

26 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yup, no problem. :)

Nice. 

Anyway to remove a platform, can't seem to get dreamcast/psp working. 

I need to set them up on my main LB first I'm guessing. 

My laptop is  weak, can't run anything above snes well.

so I gave up but now my phone is better than my laptop setup.. 

1 minute ago, Mu144 said:

Nice. 

Anyway to remove a platform, can't seem to get dreamcast/psp working. 

I need to set them up on my main LB first I'm guessing. 

My laptop is  weak, can't run anything above snes well.

so I gave up but now my phone is better than my laptop setup.. 

Currently the only way to remove a platform is to delete the platform's XML file under /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox/Data/Platforms. You'll probably also want to delete the image and game folders as well for that platform.

The android emulator "yaba sanshiro" works for Sega Saturn.... just throwing it out there

• Like 1

I've only just begun with LaunchBox and last week I've bought a premium membership for BigBox.

I've added "Game Boy" to Launchbox and exported for Android, this all worked fine.

My question, can I just add another platform easily besides the already exported "Game Boy" ?

Or does it give any problems if you export 1 platform at a time ?

Probably best to export everything at once ?

Thanks.

Edited by Soxbrother
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

The android emulator "yaba sanshiro" works for Sega Saturn.... just throwing it out there

I'll see if I can get that added in today. :)

5 minutes ago, Soxbrother said:

I've only just begun with LaunchBox and last week I've bought a premium membership for BigBox.

I've added "Game Boy" to Launchbox and exported for Android, this all worked fine.

My question, can I just add another platform easily besides the already exported "Game Boy" ?

Or does it give any problems if you export 1 platform at a time ?

Probably best to export everything at once ?

Thanks.

There should be no problem with exporting one platform at a time like that. The only thing to note is that you have to export entire platforms. If you try and export only part of a platform, it will overwrite any games that you already had for that platform on Android.