LaunchBox Community Forums

Hi there

I'm in the progress of making a theme for retrofe and decided to port it here or finish it here
It's roughly inspired on the retrofe Aura theme.

Check out the youtube video.

I hope you like and enjoy this theme.

Questions, feature requests, artwork requests, issues, ... post them here and I'll try my best to fix it for you.

Version 005 is out, grab it now!

Files:

game-menu.jpg

game-selected.jpg

main-menu.jpg

playlists.jpg

startup-video.jpg

system-categories.jpg

systems.jpg

Edited by HannesRoets
New release: v0.0.3
  • Like 5

Wow that helps a lot! 

Few questions:

• how do i capitalize my font?
  • how do i use the condensed style of my font? i can only choose italic and normal, regular and bold. (i have medium, light, ultra light, ...)
  • my font's don't seem to load in bigbox, only in the editor, do i need to place them inside launchbox somewhere?
    edit: found the solution: had to place my fonts in the theme folder inside launchbox folder.

Thanks in advance

H

Edited by HannesRoets

On 2/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, HannesRoets said:

Wow that helps a lot! 

Do you happen to know a way to capitalize my text. I asume it's not in the UI but it might be possible by editing Default_HorizontalWheel1GamesView.txt file?

Thanks in advance

H

Have you tried using a Typography.Capitals command? Not sure if it will work with the font you are using, but worth a test. It may not work with all font types. 

In the text block try adding Typography.Capitals="Normal" or Typography.Capitals="AllSmallCaps"

On 2/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, HannesRoets said:

I'm guessing that's within visual studio and not that theme editor ?

Correct. I do not think Y2Guru has added any coding for that in his program. It is a great program and does have it's limits in its current form. However, he is constantly working on it so it is only going to get better and better. You could always use his program and then edit the xaml to add that piece in. But if you are working in VS or just coding in Notepad++ that should work for what you need. Although it does not work on all font styles.

Ah, eureka! Progress :D
Unfortunatly it only small caps worked when i added it into the xaml.
But I could just edit my photoshop files to match the current size of the normal caps.

However, i also ran into a problem where the manufacturer doesn't push asside the system name.
I come from a html/css background and what i wanted to do was something like this:

<span style=font-size:60px;color:rgba(0,0,0,0.67);font-family:'Barlow Condensed';><span style="font-weight:light;text-transform:uppercase">Capcom</span><span style="font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase">Play system II</span></span>

Is there a way to achieve this behaviour? Or what would be realy nice is to be able to convert html & inline css to xaml ^^

thanks!

Edited by HannesRoets

58 minutes ago, HannesRoets said:

Unfortunatly it only small caps worked when i added it into the xaml.

Just guessing from the image you want to capitalise SelectedPlatform.Cpu and 'GAMES' by default these use TextBlocks and Typography.Capitals only works with a specific number of OpenType fonts, this would be why it is not working.

Also just to note for some reason certain fonts just aren't modifiable in BigBox, you'll need to add it as a resource in Visual Studio and build the library (DLL), see this alternatively you can try this but in my scenario it did not work and I had to build the DLL library.

58 minutes ago, HannesRoets said:

I also ran into a problem where the manufacturer doesn't push asside the system name.
I come from a html/css background and what i wanted to do was something like this:

<span style=font-size:60px;color:rgba(0,0,0,0.67);font-family:'Barlow Condensed';><span style="font-weight:light;text-transform:uppercase">Capcom</span><span style="font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase">Play system II</span></span>

Is there a way to achieve this behaviour? Or what would be realy nice is to be able to convert html & inline css to xaml ^^

thanks!

This is one way you could do it for games total

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
	<TextBlock Text="{Binding GamesCount}" FontFamily="" FontSize="" FontWeight="" Foreground="" />
	<TextBlock Text=" GAMES" FontFamily="" FontSize="" FontWeight="" Foreground="" />
</StackPanel>
Edited by wallmachine

• 6 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 2:00 AM, HannesRoets said:

Hi there

I'm in the progress of making a theme for retrofe and decided to port it here or finish it here. I did notice theming looks a bit harder here so it might take some time.
I just finished the systems design today. It's roughly based on the retrofe Aura theme.

More to come in the near future.

H

design-systems.png

came across this on a random google search . @HannesRoets gotta ask if this is still in the making 

• 1 year later...

Hi

I've been gone for a while. It's been a rough time for me so I was unable to continue to work on this theme. 
For those interested I will be working on this theme in the near future. Right now I'm working hard to finish this theme for another front-end.
When done I will be porting it over launchbox as my end goal is to move from my old front end to launchbox.

cheers

H

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi

I finaly found the time to work on this theme for launchbox again.
I'm using the theme creator tool and I must stay it has come a long way. 
Realy impressive! 

This is what I had for RetroFE and want to achieve for Bigbox: https://www.youtube.com/@mikomieanatawabe623/videos

However I could use some help if anyone is willing :D

• There is only one wheel allowed, i think i might get arround with mirroring it somehow. Tips are welcome
  • I've run into a probem where Bigbox doesn't render my mp4 video for the category menu properly (colors are off)
    I have no clue how I can fix this at this time, if anyone knows the answer, please do tell.
  • I'm also looking for a missing vector for the Atari 400 clear logo, if anyone has this and is willing to share
  • For the games menu I would like to hide the video and only show it after a second of stopping on navigating.
    Then I would like to hide that selected clearlogo and render one on top that animates to the top of the screen.

I'm still unsure of how to achieve this. (check my youtube chanel if my explanation is unclear :D )

Current progress

• System layout v0.1 is ready
  • Platforms (Systems) layout v0.1 is ready
  • In pogress: Platform Categories (System Categories) layout
  • To do: Games select layout

Cya soon

9 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Hey @HannesRoets great to see your back working on this.

You can find the vector for the Atari 400 here :-

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/3402-v2-platform-logos-professionally-redrawn-official-versions-new-bigbox-defaults/

courtesy of @Dan Patrick, he has included the *.SVG vectors.

Great, I'll have a look later.

• 5 months later...