LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

17 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Can you change the directory path in the MAME UI to look at the hi folder instead?

It is already putting the .hi's in the hi folder.   Launchbox is not looking for the hiscore.dat in the right spot for mameuifx.

Edited by damageinc86

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

It is already putting the .hi's in the hi folder.   Launchbox is not looking for the hiscore.dat in the right spot for mameuifx.

LaunchBox looks for the hiscore.dat file in the plugins\hiscore folder. Are you sure it doesn't work if you create those folders and copy hiscore.dat there? The log file you posted is still claiming that it can't find that file.

Hi @Jason Carr I seem to have found a little bug in the latest release, in Big Box the option to ''Use Random Game Image Background for Filters'' is on even though I have this switched off.

I thought I may have ticked something by mistake but I haven't and I've been using Big Box for most of the day and have only just seen this after the update ?

(Sorry if this wasn't the right area to post this I just thought this was as its the only place talking about the 10.12 update)

Edited by BluSonik

30 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox looks for the hiscore.dat file in the plugins\hiscore folder. Are you sure it doesn't work if you create those folders and copy hiscore.dat there? The log file you posted is still claiming that it can't find that file.

Yeah i created that directory structure and copied the hiscore.dat into it, and that log was generated after that.

8 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah i created that directory structure and copied the hiscore.dat into it, and that log was generated after that.

I'm puzzled then, not sure why that would be. It only outputs that to the logs if it thinks that file doesn't exist at all.

32 minutes ago, BluSonik said:

Hi @Jason Carr I seem to have found a little bug in the latest release, in Big Box the option to ''Use Random Game Image Background for Filters'' is on even though I have this switched off.

I thought I may have ticked something by mistake but I haven't and I've been using Big Box for most of the day and have only just seen this after the update ?

(Sorry if this wasn't the right area to post this I just thought this was as its the only place talking about the 10.12 update)

That's odd. I'm not seeing that issue myself. Can anyone else confirm this to be an issue?

@Jason Carrim 99% sure it is that particular setting as when i move back and forth on the same game the background image changes between all the art for that game (front box, front cart, fanart etc)

Its only on the game view aswell, everywhere else im using fanart for a background works perfectly

Im using the Cirticalzone Bluebox (fanart background version) incase anyone else whats to check ?

Edited by BluSonik

5 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Just tried it again, doesn't look like it finds the file.  Maybe it's because I'm using Rocketlauncher?  Can I tell Launchbox where to look for the files/directories it needs manually?

hiscordat.png

Debug 2020-04-13 12-39-48 PM.log 31.02 kB · 0 downloads

Aaaaah, yeah, unfortunately Rocket Launcher will definitely get in the way of the process. We do a number of things in order to do our best to make sure that folks aren't cheating. Unfortunately that rules out support for Rocket Launcher and Retroarch.

10 minutes ago, BluSonik said:

@Jason Carrim 99% sure it is that particular setting as when i move back and forth on the same game the background image changes between all the art for that game (front box, front cart, fanart etc)

Its only on the game view aswell, everywhere else im using fanart for a background works perfectly

Im using the Cirticalzone Bluebox (fanart background version) incase anyone else whats to check ?

I'm confused here. That filters setting should only affect the filters/platforms views, not the games views at all.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Aaaaah, yeah, unfortunately Rocket Launcher will definitely get in the way of the process. We do a number of things in order to do our best to make sure that folks aren't cheating. Unfortunately that rules out support for Rocket Launcher and Retroarch.

Wowww. that's too bad.  I have all my bezels and stuff set up in RL for Arcade.  Would really like to use this feature.  :(

3 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Wowww. that's too bad.  I have all my bezels and stuff set up in RL for Arcade.  Would really like to use this feature.  :(

Really sorry, but unfortunately support for Rocket Launcher won't be happening for MAME high scores. It would be way too involved to implement, and there's just not very many people using it these days, so it's not worth the significant effort.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Really sorry, but unfortunately support for Rocket Launcher won't be happening for MAME high scores. It would be way too involved to implement, and there's just not very many people using it these days, so it's not worth the significant effort.

I'm guessing because you'd have to break through the control of RL to get down to the files?  it is too much of a barrier layer right?  Easier if you have direct access through the emulator and it's files straight into launchbox?

47 minutes ago, BluSonik said:

@Jason Carrany idea what could be causing the random images to post on the games view?

Have i overlooked a setting somewhere?

Can you give me a screenshot example of this?

54 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I'm guessing because you'd have to break through the control of RL to get down to the files?  it is too much of a barrier layer right?  Easier if you have direct access through the emulator and it's files straight into launchbox?

Yeah, primarily because we need more control over the emulator. We need to control both the way that MAME launches, as well as have direct access to the files. I'm sure it could be done, but not without being able to both parse and change Rocket Launcher data. On top of that, we need visibility to when MAME starts and exits, which also may prove difficult. It's just layers on top of layers of complications.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, primarily because we need more control over the emulator. We need to control both the way that MAME launches, as well as have direct access to the files. I'm sure it could be done, but not without being able to both parse and change Rocket Launcher data. On top of that, we need visibility to when MAME starts and exits, which also may prove difficult. It's just layers on top of layers of complications.

Just set up one game with mameuifx directly as the emulator within launchbox and now the log said: 

2020-04-13 04:41:08 PM Aborting MameHighScores.Prepare: Could not retrieve plugin.ini path, and could not successfully tell MAME to create one.

2020-04-13 04:43:58 PM MameHighScores.Parse Failed: Current ROM file does not match the ROM file with the saved scores. Were multiple games launched at once?

Dang.  Really wish I could just point launchbox to my hiscore.dat file and be done with it lol.

Edited by damageinc86

Hey @Jason Carr

im swapping between After Burner here for the example, the background image keeps changing evertime i swap back to it and normally its always been set to my platform Fanart Background.

i havent changed any settings to make it do this either, it just seema to keep switching between all the artwork i have for that game

20200414_005318.jpg

20200414_005311.jpg

20200414_005304.jpg

Edited by BluSonik

12 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Just set up one game with mameuifx directly as the emulator within launchbox and now the log said: 

2020-04-13 04:41:08 PM Aborting MameHighScores.Prepare: Could not retrieve plugin.ini path, and could not successfully tell MAME to create one.

2020-04-13 04:43:58 PM MameHighScores.Parse Failed: Current ROM file does not match the ROM file with the saved scores. Were multiple games launched at once?

Dang.  Really wish I could just point launchbox to my hiscore.dat file and be done with it lol.

There's much more to it, unfortunately. At this point it looks like it's just not compatible with mameuifx. I'd have to rebuild a bunch of stuff I'm guessing. It touches a lot of files in the MAME directory to make sure that cheating isn't happening.

13 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Can you try with standard MAME? Im suspecting this may be related to you using a fork rather than the official release.