LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Beta 12 is out now with the following:

• Three new tabs in the high scores popups (in both LaunchBox and Big Box) for Most Popular Games, Trending Games, and Top Players (Global Leaderboard)
  • You can now click on or select a game from Most Popular or Trending Games to view the scores for that game as well
  • Filter values for MAME High Scores Supported
  • Various fixes/improvements for the high scores popups
  • Hopeful fix for @Rincewind's reported error (above)
  • Hopeful fix for @TheNewClassics reported text getting cut off (above)

The new tabs really increase the competition and help a lot for games discovery, so I'm glad we got them in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The error has disappeared :) and the new High Scores elements all work great, I can't express how good that feature is.

Only thing I have noticed is that when viewing "Trending Games" if you click a game it opens in a new window over the top of the old which means if your looking at a lot of different games you end up with a lot of windows open.... no problem if you click close after viewing each one, but if you click back on "Trending Games" you end up with the issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Maybe I've been living under a rock for a while, but how do I view high scores from LB or BB? Is it for all platsforms or specific ones?

MAME only, and they are in the game details sidebar if the game supports them and there is a actual score present.

3 hours ago, Rincewind said:

The error has disappeared :) and the new High Scores elements all work great, I can't express how good that feature is.

Only thing I have noticed is that when viewing "Trending Games" if you click a game it opens in a new window over the top of the old which means if your looking at a lot of different games you end up with a lot of windows open.... no problem if you click close after viewing each one, but if you click back on "Trending Games" you end up with the issue.

Yeah, I thought about just opening it up in the same window, but then there'd be no "Back" kind of functionality. It'd be easy to close out of windows before opening the new ones, but I kind of liked keeping previous ones open.

Just now, TheNewClassics said:

Great additions. I've noticed that on the new High Scores window, the far right option is not visible on my screen, though I can scroll over to it. Looks to be a list of usernames but I can't see a header.

Can you screenshot me any issues like that that you can see across LaunchBox and Big Box? Screenshots will make stuff like that a lot easier to figure out and address.

Beta 13 is out now with the following:

• You can now click on or select different players (including yourself), to see a new popup that lists all of that player's high scores for all games, including their placements on the community game boards (in both LaunchBox and Big Box)
  • LaunchBox high scores popups no longer nest on top of each other
  • Added MAME high scores support to the old default LaunchBox theme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, deadyourinstinct said:

Does anyone have a playlist of the high score supported games?

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to do that... In LaunchBox, you can go to "Arrange by / MAME high scores supported" and it will sort them, but I don't see a sortable value for it in creating a playlist. I can right click all of the current sorted games that are supported and add that way, but I would rather set up a dynamic playlist.

Edited by PanteraZombie

I assume the new high-score features only apply to mame exclusively?  (i use FBNeo).   I ask as im not seeing any scores in the games details list in LB or BB. 

Any chance we can get use/importation of FBNeo sets at some point to come along for the ride? 

I try to keep parity between my LB and my RA and Mame in RA can get quite messy and in general I find FBneo superior in a lot of ways.   Even the libretro team recommends  it. 

Edited by klepp0906

I believe it requires mame standalone to submit high scores etc. and is currently not FBAlpha/Neo compatible from what I gather (someone can correct me if wrong).  However, if you imported your FBNeo games and scraped them as arcade (Mame), it should at least show you the mame high scores in the details section for the games that do have high scores... at least it does for me.