LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 4/19/2020 at 2:40 AM, deliyuerek85 said:

Hello Lauchbox crew, I wanted to say, that you do a very great job in adding amazing new features to LB/BB. One of them is the import feature for platforms like Steam, GOG, Epic Games etc. Will you add other platforms like Origin and Uplay too or is it not possible at the moment?

I have another question about the MAME highscores. Maybe this has been asked before but I could not find it. Is this feature only working with the standalone MAME program or with Retroarch too? If yes, what do I need to do to get it work?

One last question is, can you please add a button in the game details view to mark games as installed manually?

Sorry for all this question and sorry if they have been answered already. You guys do an amazing job.

Unfortunately Retroarch does not work for MAME high scores, because we're missing some anti-cheat functions for it. There's a check box for Installed already. Origin and Uplay are coming soon.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:34 PM, Beatlemaniac19 said:

There seems to be an odd new glitch that doesn't allow multi-disc games to open. It seems to only be problematic on CD based games that are in the CUE or CHD file formats. For example, multi-version roms as additional apps seem to be opening fine, but all of my disc-based games are in CHD so for example Night Trap won't open because it's a multi-disc game. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? This problem has only occurred with the latest version of LaunchBox.

For the time being, I'm just going to delete the other discs as additional applications, because that's the only way the games will load now. It's not an ideal workaround, but I wanted to report this issue in case anyone else is experiencing it. Btw, I'm using RetroArch for all of my games so it's possible it's a RA issue, but very doubtful, because this issue has only popped up with the latest version of LB like I mentioned.

Btw the issue that occurs is that the RA application either won't launch or it'll launch and just be a blank black screen.

Edit: I figured out a workaround for the issue. If I don't put a disc number for the additional applications then everything works perfectly and I can just name the additional applications different versions and the multiple versions badge will appear so it works out fine that way. However, the issue with this is that the multi-disc badge won't appear if I do it this way. For this issue to be solved it seems that either A) the disc number issue should be fixed or B) the multi-disc badge should just be a tick-box that you can select on any game.

This issue isn't that big of a deal or the end of the world. I just wanted to bring it to your attention and see if anyone is experiencing this issue. Thanks and stay safe :)

Do you have m3u generation turn off or on when you are experiencing this?

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Unfortunately Retroarch does not work for MAME high scores, because we're missing some anti-cheat functions for it. There's a check box for Installed already. Origin and Uplay are coming soon.

I mean in the game details view in BigBox. Could you add a "Mark as Installed" Option? I have batch scripts for some non-steam games to install or uninstall them and don't want to go back to Launchbox to check/uncheck them.

1 minute ago, deliyuerek85 said:

I mean in the game details view in BigBox. Could you add a "Mark as Installed" Option? I have batch scripts for some non-steam games to install or uninstall them and don't want to go back to Launchbox to check/uncheck them.

Gotcha, can you create a BitBucket ticket for that? Help & Support > Request a Feature in the header.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Gotcha, can you create a BitBucket ticket for that? Help & Support > Request a Feature in the header.

Thank you for the answers.

I have opened a ticket for the "mark as installed" button now. I hope the implementation will not take a long time, because I don't think this is a feature that many people are prioritizing. ?

My ScummVM games went "missing"! So it's due to the ScummVM folder moving from the root to the ThirdParty folder. I use the "epicfail" setup and point to bat files in that directory. The fix is simple - just search for old path/replace with new path in the xml file. Not rocket science to figure it out but just wanted to post in case any one else came across a similar issue. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1