LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

16 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

I sent just the views.  I am working on zipping all but the media.  My cab is running beta 8 and the original plugin works fine with the pop up.  the pop up in BB works.  same theme on my laptop on beta 9 throws all those errors.  i even rolled back to beta 8 and get the errors now.

If you rolled back to beta 8 and still get the errors, then most likely the plugin files somehow went missing. That's exactly what the errors are claiming as well. Can you look in your LaunchBox\Plugins folder for the MAME high scores plugin? They could also be found in the Theme's Plugins folder.

i thought it odd that rolling back caused errors too, but everything is where it should be.  The hi score plugin is in the plugins folder.  

@Jason CarrI think you can ignore those errors.  I found a difference in the 2 plugin folders between my cab and laptop.  I reinstalled the refried theme fresh and made the needed changes and all is good running on beta 9. even modified the Colorful theme to show my local hi scores.  sorry.  

Edited by ed20910
update on errors

52 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

i thought it odd that rolling back caused errors too, but everything is where it should be.  The hi score plugin is in the plugins folder.  

Okay, now I'm thoroughly confused. I looked at the XAML that references the High Scores plugin, and none of it is correct. If you download the latest version of the high scores plugin from the forums, nothing matches up to what you have referenced in the XAML. Are there two different plugins or something?

34 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, now I'm thoroughly confused. I looked at the XAML that references the High Scores plugin, and none of it is correct. If you download the latest version of the high scores plugin from the forums, nothing matches up to what you have referenced in the XAML. Are there two different plugins or something?

Yes, kind of there was the original plugin that enabled a hi score pop up for BB and required editing the xaml files.  Then there was the newer version that added functionality to LB.  I see the local score option in other themes but unless i edit the xaml, the pop doesnt show for the local high scores.  The hi scores introduced in the beta work fine.    

Don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but there are a couple of games where when I mark them as installed, they keep reverting to not installed (and weirdly one where the reverse happens?) Also, Epic Games Launcher doesn't save credentials, so I have to re-login and go through 2 factor authentication every time I import a new game from that platform.

4 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but there are a couple of games where when I mark them as installed, they keep reverting to not installed (and weirdly one where the reverse happens?) Also, Epic Games Launcher doesn't save credentials, so I have to re-login and go through 2 factor authentication every time I import a new game from that platform.

Any game imported via the Steam, GOG, or Epic Games wizard will auto-update your install state for you.

Epic Games Launcher DOES save your credentials but the token given isn't a lifetime token, if not refreshed within a certain time window it expires and requires your login again. I believe that window is 24 hours.

19 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Also, Epic Games Launcher doesn't save credentials, so I have to re-login and go through 2 factor authentication every time I import a new game from that platform.

14 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Epic Games Launcher DOES save your credentials but the token given isn't a lifetime token, if not refreshed within a certain time window it expires and requires your login again. I believe that window is 24 hours.

This security is left up to Epic. We will not be storing your Epic credentials in LaunchBox (dumb idea security-wise), so that's the best we can do here.

20 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but there are a couple of games where when I mark them as installed, they keep reverting to not installed (and weirdly one where the reverse happens?)

I'm guessing the storefront doesn't think those games are installed for some reason? What storefront is it?

Subnautica & John Wick Hex through the Epic Games Launcher are staying not-installed, and World in Conflict on Steam is insisting it's installed when it's not.

Edit: I'm going to try re-installing them, I wonder if it has to do with them having been installed prior to LaunchBox supporting this, and I had them manually added before.

Edit 2: No, that didn't work.

Edited by FistyDollars

18 hours ago, ed20910 said:

Yes, kind of there was the original plugin that enabled a hi score pop up for BB and required editing the xaml files.  Then there was the newer version that added functionality to LB.  I see the local score option in other themes but unless i edit the xaml, the pop doesnt show for the local high scores.  The hi scores introduced in the beta work fine.    

Okay, I'll look into that plugin and see if I can figure anything out.

1 hour ago, FistyDollars said:

Subnautica & John Wick Hex through the Epic Games Launcher are staying not-installed, and World in Conflict on Steam is insisting it's installed when it's not.

Edit: I'm going to try re-installing them, I wonder if it has to do with them having been installed prior to LaunchBox supporting this, and I had them manually added before.

This will be on @C-Beats to look into.

Beta 10 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: LaunchBox and Big Box startup times have been significantly reduced (though the first launch of this beta may be longer)

• Various minor fixes and improvements for the Big Box MAME high scores popup

• MAME high scores can now be displayed on the pause screens (though they will NOT update while the game is running due to a limitation of MAME)

• A new badge has been created for MAME high scores

• A new Arrange By value has been created for MAME high scores

• Like 5
  • Unusual Gem 1

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Okay, I'll look into that plugin and see if I can figure anything out.

Ok, good luck.  Not sure if you need to though, starting to think it was an issue on my end, since no one else has reported any issues.  I reinstalled the theme and made the necessary modifications.  Everything seems to be good now.  Like i mentioned, i even got it working with Colorful without any issues.  

Just now, ed20910 said:

Ok, good luck.  Not sure if you need to though, starting to think it was an issue on my end, since no one else has reported any issues.  I reinstalled the theme and made the necessary modifications.  Everything seems to be good now.  Like i mentioned, i even got it working with Colorful without any issues.  

Okay, thanks. In that case, I'll trust that it was a one-off issue.

Thanks for the great updates. I noticed when pulling up the Hi Scores in BB, the right side of the text is being cut off and there's no way to scroll right (no biggie, it's really just the end part of the date for the score). Is there any way the user can adjust the size of the text? I'm at 4K resolution, not sure if that's part of the problem.

16 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

Sending you PM to see if we can't figure out what's going on

Guys you are doing a superb job. I dont change BigBox for anything.

Just a request.

If you can find a way to make Launchbox a bit snappier. Until version 8.3 or something (which had tons of less features of course) the artwork display was instant.

Now the scrolling creates this stall which is a bit akward.

God speed guys! Keep up the good work!

8 minutes ago, Wally said:

Guys you are doing a superb job. I dont change BigBox for anything.

Just a request.

If you can find a way to make Launchbox a bit snappier. Until version 8.3 or something (which had tons of less features of course) the artwork display was instant.

Now the scrolling creates this stall which is a bit akward.

God speed guys! Keep up the good work!

This could be due to the dynamic box sizing. It was mentioned in prior beta thread. Try turning it off. Under Tools>Options look for Boxes in the Visual section and you will see a check box for it.

Just got a error come up after exiting a game. The game was Reactor in Arcade if that helps.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.12-beta-11
Type:    System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Site:    Boolean (System.String, System.String, Boolean)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

at (String , String , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.ProcessOutput(String romFile, String output, Boolean saveButNoUpload)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass16_0 , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<RunHi2Txt>b__2(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.OnExited()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.RaiseOnExited()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Recent Log:

15:42:29 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\B.C. Kid _ Bonk_s Adventure _ Kyukyoku!! PC Genjin-01.png
   3:42:49 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:42:49 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:42:49 Music.Kill Start
   15:42:49 Music.Kill Finished
   15:42:49 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:42:49 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   3:43:18 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:18 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:43:18 Music.Kill Start
   15:43:18 Music.Kill Finished
   15:43:18 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:43:18 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   15:43:18 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\Bubbles-01.png
   3:43:19 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:19 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:43:19 Music.Kill Start
   15:43:19 Music.Kill Finished
   15:43:19 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:43:19 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   15:43:19 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\Cabal-01.png
   3:43:47 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:47 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:43:47 Music.Kill Start
   15:43:47 Music.Kill Finished
   15:43:47 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:43:47 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   15:43:47 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\Chase H.Q.-01.png
   3:43:49 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:50 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:50 PM Begin M3U Check.
   3:43:50 PM RomPath after M3U build: H:\ROMs\Arcade\chasehq.zip
   3:57:27 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:57:27 Music.Kill Start
   15:57:27 Music.Kill Finished
   15:57:27 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:57:27 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   3:58:12 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:58:12 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:58:12 Music.Kill Start
   15:58:12 Music.Kill Finished
   15:58:12 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:58:12 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   3:58:28 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:58:29 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:58:29 PM Begin M3U Check.
   3:58:29 PM RomPath after M3U build: H:\ROMs\Arcade\robocop.zip
   4:06:34 PM Music.Prepare Start
   16:06:34 Music.Kill Start
   16:06:34 Music.Kill Finished
   16:06:34 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   16:06:34 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   4:07:32 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:07:32 PM Music.Prepare Start
   16:07:32 Music.Kill Start
   16:07:32 Music.Kill Finished
   16:07:32 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   16:07:32 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   4:07:37 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:07:37 PM Music.Prepare Start
   16:07:37 Music.Kill Start
   16:07:37 Music.Kill Finished
   16:07:37 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   16:07:37 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   16:07:37 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Advertisement Flyer - Front\Reactor-01.png
   4:08:49 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:08:50 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:08:50 PM Begin M3U Check.
   4:08:50 PM RomPath after M3U build: H:\ROMs\Arcade\reactor.zip
   4:12:04 PM Exception