LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

13 hours ago, PanteraZombie said:

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to do that... In LaunchBox, you can go to "Arrange by / MAME high scores supported" and it will sort them, but I don't see a sortable value for it in creating a playlist. I can right click all of the current sorted games that are supported and add that way, but I would rather set up a dynamic playlist.

You can filter by MAME High Scores Supported as well. However, I don't think we've added it as an option for playlists yet. I'll put that on the list.

4 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

I assume the new high-score features only apply to mame exclusively?  (i use FBNeo).   I ask as im not seeing any scores in the games details list in LB or BB. 

Any chance we can get use/importation of FBNeo sets at some point to come along for the ride? 

I try to keep parity between my LB and my RA and Mame in RA can get quite messy and in general I find FBneo superior in a lot of ways.   Even the libretro team recommends  it. 

46 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

I believe it requires mame standalone to submit high scores etc. and is currently not FBAlpha/Neo compatible from what I gather (someone can correct me if wrong).  However, if you imported your FBNeo games and scraped them as arcade (Mame), it should at least show you the mame high scores in the details section for the games that do have high scores... at least it does for me.

Yes, the high scores system is exclusive to MAME. It won't work for other emulators. We're using the MAME high scores plugin, as well as hi2txt, which only work with MAME. We can add support later on if high scores solutions are built for other emulators, but that's not something that we can do on our own.

It's also worth noting that I wanted to implement it for the MAME Retroarch core, but after looking into it, it's not possible to do securely with the anti-cheat measures in place. So uploading high scores will require actual MAME for this release.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ckp said:

Just installed Beta 13. Awesome, love hi scores. Wondering if it would be possible so the hi score boards can be shown in the LB UI under the game video in the sidebar?

Make sure you have them checked in the Game Details settings.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 2.24.32 PM.png

Oh sadness. I setup my 1st computer for the new hi score feature. Tried a quick ms. pacman game and saw my score was added to a leaderboard. Then I setup hi score on my 2nd computer and got my high score on galaga, but it never updated the leaderboard. is it a problem if i have two different computers running LB at the same time?  Not sure why it didn't add my hi score for Galaga. Hi have the same exact mame ini files on both computers, no cheats, and plugin hi score enabled. the galaga hi score file was indeed created inside mame's hi folder.

1 minute ago, ckp said:

Oh sadness. I setup my 1st computer for the new hi score feature. Tried a quick ms. pacman game and saw my score was added to a leaderboard. Then I setup hi score on my 2nd computer and got my high score on galaga, but it never updated the leaderboard. is it a problem if i have two different computers running LB at the same time?  Not sure why it didn't add my hi score for Galaga. Hi have the same exact mame ini files on both computers, no cheats, and plugin hi score enabled. the galaga hi score file was indeed created inside mame's hi folder.

Make sure you're logged into the games database under the Cloud menu.

I am. But I wonder if it caused a problem since after I connected to it from the LB menu, it told me I connected fine and asked if I wanted to sync my collection. I said No to sync my collection because it's already there from my first computer when I did that. Trying a disconnect/reconnect with a sync collection = yes this time...

1 minute ago, ckp said:

I am. But I wonder if it caused a problem since after I connected to it from the LB menu, it told me I connected fine and asked if I wanted to sync my collection. I said No to sync my collection because it's already there from my first computer when I did that. Trying a disconnect/reconnect with a sync collection = yes this time...

That shouldn't matter. If you have debug logging turned on, you can check the log file to see what happened. Otherwise, turn it on then try getting an easy high score and check the log file.

2 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Don't know if it's been noted, but if you are using Mame software lists and a rom matches an arcade rom, you'll get the high scores shown under that platform also.

Any way way around that?

Wait so you could do it with Genesis/SMS/NES etc. if you have a ROM that matches MAME?

When I select a game to play in BigBox in the TextList View now the game title text disappears, see video.

edit:

@eatkinola when I remove "aoc:MarqueeTextBlock" from the <aoc:AutoscrollListBox> no issue, maybe in recent BigBox updates something broke the Marquee?

edit2: 

don't think its the plugin because when I enable Startup Screen in BigBox the game title text does not disappear.

Edited by wallmachine